• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just caught up with the last two weeks of comics.

Superior Spiderman is the superior book of the forever.

"You're the superior hero". Damn fucking right he is. MOTHER FUCKING GOAT!

thetechkid

Just picked up Inhuamn #1 today and gonna read it after some homework, also the glossy Inferno artwork that came with it is nice.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
God dammit, read the book! I wasted all that time making that stupid post for last month's thread and no one read it. MP and Zero are the best books being published right now.

Ordering all the available tpbs in the next Instocktrades bundle--you ain't steered me wrong and I agree with you on Zero.

Inhuman proves the Terrigen Mist story stuff is far and away Marvel's Four Toed Statue. Ms. Marvel is the only thing good to come out of it, that will likely ever come out of it.

What a bad comic.

Inhuman proves the Terrigen Mist story stuff is far and away Marvel's Four Toed Statue. Ms. Marvel is the only thing good to come out of it, that will likely ever come out of it.

What a bad comic.

I didn't think it was that bad on account of it only being a first issue. At least wait until #2 until you shit all over it. XD

I know, all this Inhuman trashing is baffling. It makes me question if I like shit comics. I have not officially added Inhumans to my pull at the LCS. I'm gonna try a few more of the new Marvel #1s. Try number 2 and see if I still like it.

I know, all this Inhuman trashing is baffling. It makes me question if I like shit comics. I have not officially added Inhumans to my pull at the LCS. I'm gonna try a few more of the new Marvel #1s. Try number 2 and see if I still like it.

At least you're not buying Catwoman on a monthly basis.......... Messi.

I can keep going. That's no excuse.

Of course, there are a ton of great books out there. Not every book is going to be great. But I didn't think Inhuman was as abysmal as you're saying it was.

That aside, Original Sin is going to either be amazing, or a pile of shit. No middle ground.

Sanjuro

Sorry I keep popping in and asking generic questions!

Is Batman #29 the end of the Batman Year Zero run, or is #30? About to power through!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Sorry I keep popping in and asking generic questions!

Is Batman #29 the end of the Batman Year Zero run, or is #30? About to power through!

Neither, homie. Zero year is in it's last act now, so 4 more issues, I think.

God dammit, read the book! I wasted all that time making that stupid post for last month's thread and no one read it. MP and Zero are the best books being published right now.

You must've missed where I said that I was getting the first trade in my next IST order. :p You've at least made one small difference brah.

Sanjuro

Zero Year ends at 33 or 34.

Yes, I'll ask her to drop it and she just says why don't I drop something.

Neither, homie. Zero year is in it's last act now, so 4 more issues, I think.

No, there are going to be separate story arcs within Zero Year.

Alright. Thanks. Fuck it. I'll just jump in. I really need to get a tablet for these books. Want to get back into comics full force once again.

Filthy Slug

Alright. Thanks. Fuck it. I'll just jump in. I really need to get a tablet for these books. Want to get back into comics full force once again.

It's a great start. Zero Year is Snyder's best story on his and Capullo's Batman run.

It was alright. I'm giivng it about 2-3 more issues myself.

Boogiepop

Well here's a completely random question: There's a thing in comics where a lot of time is being compressed, a sort of panel "..." where it's usually, like, a few panels in decreasing size or something, right? Like cutting down an implied long drawn out fight while still implying the passage of time. I don't think it's super common (seeing as a flip through the Invincible Compendium didn't even have it occur once), but I swear the technique exists, but I can't come up with a name to call it even search to make sure I'm not crazy. Stupid difficult to search concepts.

Sanjuro

It's a great start. Zero Year is Snyder's best story on his and Capullo's Batman run.

Yeah. I dropped out of the game prior to the DC reboot. Read Death of the Family and was incredibly impressed on where the series had gone without any context in the DC Universe.

Anybody else pick up Dead Letters?

It has A LOT of potential and the artist has an interesting style.
M4YIgF4.jpg

multivac

Anybody else pick up Dead Letters?

It has A LOT of potential and the artist has an interesting style.

Was going to, but the solicitation sounded like every generic thriller ever made:

Waking up in a fleabag motel with bandaged arms and a revolver on his desk, Sam doesn't remember a thing - not how he got here, where here is, or who he is. But the armed men knocking on his door do and Sam will have to use every trick from his forgotten repertoire to outrun and outsmart his way through a hardboiled wonderland of gang wars, femme fatales and big secrets.

What did you like about it besides the art?

Was going to, but the solicitation sounded like every generic thriller ever made:

What did you like about it besides the art?

Concepts,
it takes place in purgatory

I'll admit that the opening of the book made it out to be generic as hell, but there's a hook that opens it up to a lot of posibilities.

Tizoc

GAF help me out please.
My brother's leaving to the US for a few weeks. Where would he able to get 'Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck TPBs and the Companion for cheap?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
GAF help me out please.
My brother's leaving to the US for a few weeks. Where would he able to get 'Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck TPBs and the Companion for cheap?

I believe all editions of this in the US are out of print, so... hope that he can randomly find it for retail price at a shop? Even used copies are going for multiple times the retail price, so you're probably out of luck.

frye

I know, but I'm hoping to get them without giving away an arm and a leg =P.

Yeah, there's really no guaranteed way of even finding a copy, let alone for cheap. His best bet is probably diving into the local shops in the area and hoping he can find it for MSRP (not impossible obviously but it's up to luck)

PsychBat!

Banned
Yeah. I dropped out of the game prior to the DC reboot. Read Death of the Family and was incredibly impressed on where the series had gone without any context in the DC Universe.

Hope you read the first story "Night of the Owls". It had me entirely emotionally invested. Batman is the only book I read that comes from DC nowadays.

Anyone get the Spider-Man OGN? How is it

I'll repeat what I wrote earlier:

"Got mine today, fantastic HC. Forget the Amazing Spider-man relaunch we're getting this month, this is the return to Pete that you want.

Sensational art, great jokes/ Parker quips, and come on, Waid and Robinson writing it.

Been a Dell'Otto fan for awhile, love him drawing classic spidey

*Spoiler
And Black costume Spidey

Detective Comics #30 :D
This is awesome, Manapul's Batman/Bruce had me smiling through the entire issue and the story wasn't half bad either.
Added to the pull.

Inhuman #1 hmmmmm
I don't know yet, but I'm a chump for this Joe Mad art.
soooo added to the pull

Edit:
Moon Knight #2
I love this damn book.

Vyer

Tec 30: awesome art, story felt a little bland until the end. Will give next issue a shot.

Black Science 5: love the plot to this issue, so many possibilities with this book.
meeting Other McKays was I suppose inevitable but I love the angle they took here. Also liked how much more advanced their tech looked.

Action Comics 30: Still digging Pak's Superman.
Harrow is interesting, and the Doomsday teases at least give me a little hope something positive can come from Doomed

Green Arrow 30: picked up the current Arrow run because of the praise in here. Glad I did. Good stuff, especially when you can marathon through like I did.

Moon Knight 2: man this book is great to look at. Interesting story, though a bit too fast a read for my liking.

tim1138

Ordering all the available tpbs in the next Instocktrades bundle--you ain't steered me wrong and I agree with you on Zero.

GrandHarrier said:
You must've missed where I said that I was getting the first trade in my next IST order. :p You've at least made one small difference brah.

You sirs, are both gentlemen and scholars.

I could probably drop every other book I read but MP and Zero are be perfectly happy with my decision, it is that good.

Not The Droid You're Looking For said:
How is Silver Surfer?

Silver Surfer was radd as hell. Allred's art is a perfect match for the Surfer and a cosmic book and Slott came up with a pretty interesting plot for the story, it's totally worth checking out. If you're on the fence, there is a free Infinite comic on comixology that will give you a good idea of what the book is like. I for one, am really looking forward to the adventures of the Surfer and his Hipster Chick.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I have this weird thing with Allred's art. Most of the time it's great, occasionally he'll draw something incredible, but every so often it seems his characters end up with very similar masculine looking faces and it weirds me out. In Silver Surfer 1, Dawn seems to have a generic Allred face for most of the issue, then there's one page where she looks gorgeous in close up. It bothers me, but like I said most of the time it's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom