• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticEko

Neo Member
Matt Fraction just showed on Twitter what the reprint of Sex Criminals #5 at the end of April will look like.... I find it funny.

FRONT
tumblr_n3gmd3sbHx1qaotjto1_500.jpg

BACK
tumblr_n3gmd3sbHx1qaotjto2_500.jpg

Wiseblade

Having Octavius value his pride over the woman who loved him under false pretenses would have been totally in line his character, yes. But leaving by his own volition is the only smart move SpOck made. You want to take it from him and make the character irredeemable to the last moment?

Their entire arc for the Rogues was fucking dumb and their characterizations were even dumber.

Some people were really praising Rogues Rebellion on here and that shit baffled me. I mean, those few sections where Johns wrote Cold or a Rogue in Forever Evil were better than anything Boochbag and Manupul wrote or did with those characters. For fuck's sake, hip, sleeveless metahumans. What the shit was that about.
I believe that was Didio's idea. I read it in an interview.

ReAxion

I thought Inhuman was alright. Not spectacular, but not awful.

Black Science, Magneto - you already know they're good

Deadpool vs Carnage anyone? I'm a sucker for Carnage for whatever reason.

Revival:
tension ratcheting

Veil: more please

Pretty Deadly:
rest now, bones bunny

Saved Moon Knight, She Hulk, USM#200, & Loki for a flight I have tonight.

Toa TAK

Banned
Having Octavius value his pride over the woman who loved him under false pretenses would have been totally in line his character, yes. But leaving by his own volition is the only smart move SpOck made. You want to take it from him and make the character irredeemable to the last moment?

Sure why not

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I thought Inhuman was alright. Not spectacular, but not awful.

Black Science, Magneto - you already know they're good

Deadpool vs Carnage anyone? I'm a sucker for Carnage for whatever reason.

Saved Moon Knight, She Hulk, USM#200, & Loki for a flight I have tonight.

Of the 10-12 issues I bought last night, the few I read were thus far are:

Moon Knight: I'm not digging this second issue -- to little narrative and action for me. Felt as if it was filler and rushed to print.

Guardians prelude: Good start, especially since I'm a fan of Abnett and Lanning's run of Guardians.

Inhuman: This is better than everyone has been leading on yesterday. Maybe I'm a sucker for the Inhumans, but I'm interested in knowing more about the Akuma-looking dude.

Deadpool vs. Carnage: Fun issue that I'll stick through to see the end. If it's as good as Night of the Living Deadpool, then that's all right by me.

Loki: One of the better comics I'm currently reading -- new issue continues the trend of delivering twists.

Moon Knight: I'm not digging this second issue -- to little narrative and action for me. Felt as if it was filler and rushed to print.

Filler, well, agree to disagree, I guess, who can tell, writer-mandate, etc; but rushed to print?!?!?!?!?!?

It's the most meticulously put together comic on the stands until Nowhere Men comes back.

Please elaborate!!!!!!!

Caspel

Filler, well, agree to disagree, I guess, who can tell, writer-mandate, etc; but rushed to print?!?!?!?!?!?

It's the most meticulously put together comic on the stands until Nowhere Men comes back.

Please elaborate!!!!!!!

The first 6-7 pages are almost all one to three panels each with a lot of white space and focusing on a nobody. It doesn't even get remotely interesting until
Moon Knight shows up almost 8 pages in
and even then, the only thing I walked away from this issue is a parable that I hope fits into the future of Moon Knight or else it's just filler.

EDIT:
Also, I'm more a fan of Marc outside of his costume. There was none of that in the new issue.

Earth 2, Action Comics, and Green Lantern all in the bag (and board). All great issues this week!

It's fascinating watching Tom Taylor salvage some of the stuff that James Robinson did during the last few issues where you can tell he stopped giving a fuck.

Onto Green Arrow, Detective Comics and Black Science.

Messi

The first 6-7 pages are almost all one to three panels each with a lot of white space and focusing on a nobody. It doesn't even get remotely interesting until
and even then, the only thing I walked away from this issue is a parable that I hope fits into the future of Moon Knight or else it's just filler.

EDIT:
Also, I'm more a fan of Marc outside of his costume. There was none of that in the new issue.

I love how decisive this mediocre Moon Knight book has become. So quickly too.

EDIT:

ummmmmm

the whole point of the sequence was the way it was executed

done in one issues are not filler

so is fell all filler

every single issue

global frequency

?

Caspel

ummmmmm

the whole point of the sequence was the way it was executed

done in one issues are not filler

so is fell all filler

every single issue

global frequency

?

No need to be upset. Just because I don't like the format, doesn't mean you can't like it. Also, why are you double-spacing each sentence rather than using paragraphs? It's off-putting.

I don't like how Moon Knight #2 was "executed." The sequence was pointless and does nothing to keep me wanting more. The issue is definitely filler compared to other stuff I'm reading as I walked away with no good impressions of what they'll do next or any idea of what I would want from them. I do know I do not want them to continue "executing" sequences like that since it is boring to read and I am not able to immerse myself into story or action or art when compared to other fine Marvel ongoing series.

No need to be upset. Just because I don't like the format, doesn't mean you can't like it. Also, why are you double-spacing each sentence rather than using paragraphs? It's off-putting.

I don't like how Moon Knight #2 was "executed." The sequence was pointless and does nothing to keep me wanting more. The issue is definitely filler compared to other stuff I'm reading as I walked away with no good impressions of what they'll do next or any idea of what I would want from them. I do know I do not want them to continue "executing" sequences like that since it is boring to read and I am not able to immerse myself into story or action or art when compared to other fine Marvel ongoing series.

not upset

rest of my sentences were there as they were leaving the building

that's weird

;D

Fucking sucks. It got me into comics. ='( Assumed it was going to be the new status quo....

Until PETER PARKER reared his ugly Ramos head.

Wait you got into comics because of Superior? So you don't know the greatness of Peter Parker. That's the problem. He's the Greatest Superhero for a reason.

Cultural osmosis, man!

Yes, Long Live the SUPERIOR Spider-Man.jpg

Doc Ock said it best "You're the Superior hero" which is 100% true. There is a reason Peter Parker is loved. He's a great character inside and outside the suit. That's kind of the whole point of Superior. In the end Doc knew there was only one person that could save the women he loves and it isn't him.

Superior was just a great eulogy for Doc Ock's character. This being comics means he will be back but that death was something else.

Toa TAK

Banned
Doc Ock said it best "You're the Superior hero" which is 100% true. There is a reason Peter Parker is loved. He's a great character inside and outside the suit. That's kind of the whole point of Superior. In the end Doc knew there was only one person that could save the women he loves and it isn't him.

Superior was just a great eulogy for Doc Ock's character. This being comics means he will be back but that death was something else.

Yeah I know, but I still really enjoyed this experiment. It was a lot of fun for me and I don't want it to end so soon.

Kysel

Avid GOTG reader here,

Im thinking of picking up Silver Surfer?

Do you think the two books will start to crossover in any way etc?

Is SS any good?!

Last one and them I'm done XD
moon-knight-4-spidey-dated-moon-knight.jpg

Now back on track about comics: What's the date for the second printing for She-Hulk #2? When I tried to buy the first printing, it was sold out at the two shops I frequent at.

See more proof Peter is awesome. Someone make a thread about how awesome Peter Parker is as a character just for TT can learn.

Vyer

spOCK dragged on for me and I started losing interest, but I absolutely love the way it has 'ended' in #30. That lesson isn't new, of course (similar things happened when DC gave fans their 'batman who kills' in Knightquest) but I really enjoyed how it came about in Superior, even if I started to bore of the ride to get there.

Toa TAK

Banned
Lame Peter is worst Peter. He wasn't even funny. Just some boring nerd that cried.

If Peter in Amazing was supposed to be some kind of outcast, I didn't buy it.

I went to high school with people like him, they were awesome people. Complete opposite of what Peter starts off as in the comics. Amazing or Ultimate.

If Peter in Amazing was supposed to be some kind of outcast, I didn't buy it.

I went to high school with people like him, they were awesome people. Complete opposite of what Peter starts off as in the comics. Amazing or Ultimate.

He's kind of an introvert not a nerd in ASM. They weren't going for super awkward social reject.

The biggest problem with Peter in the original movies is he was the same person in all three movies. He never really grew. A lot of that is the writing and not Tobey's acting. Tobey is really good in serious moments but his character is just flat and has a shit overall arc.

Toa TAK

Banned
He's kind of an introvert not a nerd in ASM. They weren't going for super awkward social reject.

Damn it. One of these days, I will reboot Spider-Man again and have it set in the 60's so he will be a nerd that cries a lot.
The biggest problem with Peter in the original movies is he was the same person in all three movies. He never really grew. A lot of that is the writing and not Tobey's acting. Tobey is really good in serious moments but his character is just flat and has a shit overall arc.

The biggest bummer here is, as always, Spider-Man 3. They really could've used that film to reflect on the lesson he had to re-learn in SM2, to accept his life as Spider-Man forever. Then in SM3 he could recognize his dark side and bounce back from that in a not horrible way involving three poorly used villains.

Unai

I, as a trade paperback reader, should have known better to stay the hell away from this thread. Now I know why Peter is comimg back. :(

I am going to re-read Silver Surfer tonight.. for whatever reason it didn't really do much for me when I read it. That might be a combination of things,, I was at work kinda rushing through it,, either way as much as everyone likes it here, I hardly remember much of it and I feel it deserves a re-read and my full attention.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I am going to re-read Silver Surfer tonight.. for whatever reason it didn't really do much for me when I read it. That might be a combination of things,, I was at work kinda rushing through it,, either way as much as everyone likes it here, I hardly remember much of it and I feel it deserves a re-read and my full attention.

Yup. That spalsh page with the planet is so fucking awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom