• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Got a Catwoman print signed by Neil Adams!

BkUjJq8IAAAu6Fb.jpg

Oh that is sweet.

Green Arrow #30...

Oh man. That's just... man, that's rough. Really enjoying the reversals and reveals. I can honestly say I really don't know where Lemire is going with this and even in the age of the shocking last page reveal I never know what I'm really going to get with him.

Sorrentino on art continues to kill it. Then he revives it just so that he can kill it again.

PsychBat!

Banned
I don't think you'll see a crossover storyline with both books, but GotG does guest star in June's SS #4:

SS #1 hooked me in. Really disappointed that I'm still seeing GotG really close to Earth still. Apparently Knowhere is gone forever in Marvel's mind.

Damn you, Bendis.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
frank cho is great at butts

and sounding like an idiot when discussing Superman. I like his Seinfeld routine: "whaaaat's the dealll with those glasses? Howwww can you nott telll??"

SRG01

One last note about Loki #3: was it just me or was this issue substantially longer than others out right now?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Sounds like he just doesn't understand the enduring appeal of Superman.

I mean, to say this horseshit "From his Kryptonite weakness to his silly disguise with the eyeglasses, Superman is an ill-conceived character. Just because he’s the first superhero doesn’t mean he’s a good character"...to me, that makes him sound like a complete dummy. Superman isn't my favorite superhero either, but to call him ill-conceived is to ignore the brilliance of his origin, the context surrounding his creation, and his universal and ever-lasting appeal. So yeah, I agree with you, but I would go even further and insult his brain.

I don't think you'll see a crossover storyline with both books, but GotG does guest star in June's SS #4:

Oh nice, my 5 year old is a little obsessed with Silver Surfer (and Doctor Doom) at the moment so I'm letting him have my toilet paper copy of them and he loves Rocket Raccoon because of Mahvel but I don't buy Guardians.
Win!

-Complains about character sulking/crying/has a secret identity everybody should figure out/wacky costume
-LOVES Batman

yeah you keep doing you fam

SoilBreak

Banned
I just like he doesn't get a character like Superman while completely miswriting and misunderstanding Batman in the process as well.

SS #1 hooked me in. Really disappointed that I'm still seeing GotG really close to Earth still. Apparently Knowhere is gone forever in Marvel's mind.

Damn you, Bendis.

Knowhere and Cosmo made an appearance in Nova's latest arc. Beta Ray Bill is in there too.

Also, my Fear Agent Library Edition Vol. 2 just arrived. I couldn't be happier.

I hope the guy is happy with it at least. Seems like a very expensive, well drawn tumblr post to me though. I imagine it wasn't cheap since his regular convention commissions are 800 dollars.

800 DOLLARS? Sweet jesus that's a lot of money.

I don't really like Cho's art. It's not terrible, but it doesn't appeal to me. He's always plagued with delays too.

Cheska

I just read Black Science #5 and holy shit!! First time in a long time that a comic book gave me chills. Making a note to put this down as a book of the month candidate.

Splatt

Anyone have that image of Spidey, from Avengers #1, where he hugs Tony Stark when he offers him money if he becomes a member?

MG310

Yeah, they're also probably some of the largest commissions since he does them on 14x21 boards.

I definitely enjoyed his work on Mighty Avengers and New Ultimates.

OH NO

ALL I EVER WANTED WAS A SUPERMAN STORY WITH DINOSAURS AND LADIES WITH ROCKIN' TITTIES FOR NO REASON

WHAT WILL I DO

WHAT WILL I DOOOOOOOOO
Hold on to hope for a Batman story with dinosaurs and ladies with rockin' titties instead?

Actually, I kind of like the sound of that.

Drayco21

Damn you, Bendis.

Knowhere has been the location of the last couple Nova issues. Cosmo appeared and everything. Marvel Cosmic lives on- just a shame the flagship is still piloted by a hack like Bendis.

frye

Nao of Brown is so GOOD tho nigga

why did it take this dude so long to draw comics since Egypt

"Comics will break your heart" - Jack Kirby

"If I had it all to do over again, I'd cut off my hands" - Wallace "Wally" Wood

for real though i think the monthly gigs just weren't for him, and moviebux>>>comixbux

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Stopped reading Green Arrow a while back and forgot what Issue I was up to. Whats a good pickup point?

zeeaykay

Black Science continues it's streak of excellence. Revival continies to wander. Longest run I've dropped since starting comics... but I just don't look forward to reading it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom