• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you all rate the first 5 issues of Black Widow? Do you feel confident it will be a great run when all it's all wrapped up?

How would you all rate the first 5 issues of Black Widow? Do you feel confident it will be a great run when all it's all wrapped up?

Fairly confident. If they build to something bigger, and don't get lost Hawkeye-style (I still love Hawkguy, but it's been fairly meandering for awhile now) it could be great. I'm enjoying the episodic nature of the book and Phil Noto's art is so, so good. He draws the perfect Natasha/Natalia/whatever you're having yourself.

Dysun

Cocky twat is kinda my thing, is whiny bitch yours? None of that stuff really mattered, especially in a divergent timeline. All you needed to know was "bad shit went down".

Yeah your posts drip with the pretentiousness of a raw twat, so it's no surprise. All I needed to know was what was promised, why Jean Grey had to leave the timeline. And the answer to that? "Bad shit happens I guess, maybe we will show you that future later". On top of setting up a battle with no follow up

Messi

I loved them all, I don't know what that is worth around here. I love Phil Notos art and his Natasha is perfect. It's going to read really well as a trade.

Yeah your posts drip with the pretentiousness of a raw twat, so it's no surprise. All I needed to know was what was promised, why Jean Grey had to leave the timeline. And the answer to that? "Bad shit happens I guess, maybe we will show you that future later". On top of setting up a battle with no follow up

You guys need to cool it with the insults. Be civil and discuss your issues without attacking each other. I have no interest in reading you two trading insults.

Owzers

Y'all are going to make me reread my digital issues of BOTA to remember why i hated it, and if i do that's on you. Another overly long Bendis event that disappoints...

Nah, i'm playing Infamouse today, this is a trap.

As someone who admits I'm reading too much Bats and Supes, I have decided to cut Batman/Superman from the list. That's the only cut I could come up with so far.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
As someone who admits I'm reading too much Bats and Supes, I have decided to cut Batman/Superman from the list. That's the only cut I could come up with so far.

Ah, man, that book rules when the real creative team is on it.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I hate you.

Haha. That Pak and Lee combo is deadly for the wallet.

I'm not even gonna lie, my pull has been overtaken by Marvel as of late. This is the first time that's happened. Don't worry though--DC's got weekly comics to keep the pulls equally weighted. Phew.

Picked up the first issue of Black Widow and goddamn. Marvel is killing it with this new wave of books. I am reading or wish I was reading virtually all of them. I might have to skip Age of Ultron so I can jump on a couple more...tragic, I know

...I see no downside to this. You get more Marvel NOW books on your pull, AND you don't have to read Age of Ultron. Win/Win

I read Age of Ultron. I wish I didn't. :(

But but time travel!

I've actually already read AoU 10AI...and feel like I probably got everything I needed to know from that.

Filthy Slug

You need to add more bat books, do you read Catwoman?

If the answer is 'yes', then at least you'll have a buddy for when we rocket you into space (or New Jersey) for your Noncensi-based crimes.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
It looks like a 400-page Jonah Hex TPB came out today. I've never read anything Jonah Hex, so I'm curious as to how it is.

It looks interesting, to say the least:

7.jpg

Vibranium

Banned
Oh boy, according to a Bleeding Cool rumour is Marvel is really going to attempt to kill off Fury Senior, to promote a character nobody gives a crap about (everyone is reading Secret Avengers for Spider-Woman, Hawkeye, Black Widow, MODOK and maybe Coulson). The funny thing is Nick has been dead so many time nobody will take it seriously, good luck with that.

At this point I've just resigned myself in frustration, hopefully Fury will be back at some point when Marvel realizes it's pointless.

Oh boy, according to a Bleeding Cool rumour is Marvel is really going to attempt to kill off Fury Senior, to promote a character nobody gives a crap about (everyone is reading Secret Avengers for Spider-Woman, Hawkeye, Black Widow, MODOK and maybe Coulson). The funny thing is Nick has been dead so many time nobody will take it seriously, good luck with that.

At this point I've just resigned myself in frustration, hopefully Fury will be back at some point when Marvel realizes it's pointless.

Every time they kill off Fury, just assume it's another LMD. Damn, those things are convenient for retcons.

You need help culling your pull list? Say the word.

Marvel

Uncanny Avengers
All New Invaders
All New Ultimates
Amazing Spiderman
Black Widow
Captain Marvel
Daredevil
Elektra
Fantastic 4
All New Ghostrider
Inhuman
Miles Morales Spiderman
Moon Knight
Ms. Marvel
Secret Avengers

DC

Action Comics
Aquaman
Batgirl
Batman
Batman and Robin
Batman Eternal
Batman Superman
Detective Comics
The Flash
Green Arrow
Harley Quinn
Justice League
Justice League United
Red Lanterns
Superman
Superman Wonder Woman

Indies

American Vampire
Black Science
Deadly Class
Lazarus
The Wake

Wifes Included to show how much we get. Of course she reads some of mine and vise versa.

Alex & Ada
Catwoman
Coffin Hill
Rachel Rising
Rat Queens
Revival
Saga
Sex Criminals

Filthy Slug

Marvel

Uncanny Avengers
All New Invaders
All New Ultimates
Amazing Spiderman
Black Widow
Captain Marvel
Daredevil
Elektra
Fantastic 4
All New Ghostrider
Inhuman
Miles Morales Spiderman
Moon Knight
Ms. Marvel
Secret Avengers

DC

Action Comics
Aquaman
Batgirl
Batman
Batman and Robin
Batman Eternal
Batman Superman
Detective Comics
The Flash
Green Arrow
Harley Quinn
Justice League
Justice League United
Red Lanterns
Superman
Superman Wonder Woman

Indies

American Vampire
Black Science
Deadly Class
Lazarus
The Wake

Wifes Included to show how much we get. Of course she reads some of mine and vise versa.

Alex & Ada
Catwoman
Coffin Hill
Rachel Rising
Rat Queens
Revival
Saga
Sex Criminals

I ain't Spike but:
Batgirl - Gone
Flash - Gone
Inhuman - Gone
Lazarus - Gone
Zero - Added twice, because it's that damn good

bfwings55

Can a brother get some more Batwoman love in here

Obviously I miss JHWIII but the new issues have actually been pretty damn good. A lot lighter than the old stuff but honestly it's still high quality stuff.

zF4l7dk.jpg

2 collections out these week

Astro City HArdcover
THree trade

also some of yall better be picking up flash gordon by jeff parker and Evan shaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom