• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last page of All-New X-men was definitely crazy. If only the rest of the issue was like that. For a what-if story, the writing was all over the place and those parody strips while funny felt out of place.

The last issue of Batgirl by Bryan Q. Miller still stands as my favourite what-if story.

I'll need to look his (Clarke's) work up. Don't think I recognize it off the bat.

Bunker was probably the best thing to come out of that run of Teen Titans. I really came to enjoy his character. Sure, the power seemed goofy at first, but it kind of grew on me? Same with the outfit. But it was his positive energy that was the most compelling.
Positivity in mycomics is crazy. Will be getting the rest kf the CSA figures this week. Phew.

ElNarez

Banned
Okay, words on Iron Fist: Gosh dang. Remember how Inhuman #1 felt like a comic designed by Disney-Marvel Brand Optimization Committee to be the most boring thing imaginable? This is the exact opposite of that. It's a Kaare Andrews doing Kaare Andrews book, and Kaare Andrews thinks Danny Rand should use his kung-fu powers to punch a helicopter in the face. WHICH IS TOTALLY RIGHT. Pick that magic up NOW.

Mumei

I bit the bullet and ordered some things from Instocktrades: The Deluxe Edition of The Last Unicorn, Sandman 10 w/ the slipcase for the other TPs, Saga 3, and Blade of the Immortal 15.

My order hasn't been processed yet. How long does it usually take them between the time you order and the time they ship?

I've been enjoying Invincible more often than not since I started reading, but holy shit - I didn't see that coming.

Ooh. I've only read through issue 102, but it'd honestly take a lot for Invincible to really surprise me at this point.

Cheska

I bit the bullet and ordered some things from Instocktrades: The Deluxe Edition of The Last Unicorn, Sandman 10 w/ the slipcase for the other TPs, Saga 3, and Blade of the Immortal 15.

My order hasn't been processed yet. How long does it usually take them between the time you order and the time they ship?

In the past, it's only taken them a day to prep my order and ship it out. Recently, my last two orders are taking much longer than that. I actually had to e-mail them regarding the first order which was reaching the week mark and still hadn't shipped. Granted, I'm also placing much bigger orders now.

For example, my latest order has 14 items, and 11 of them were already picked and scanned within a day. My feeling is that not everything they have in in stock/storage so they may re-order those particular items and you're stuck waiting for it to arrive.

ReAxion

just got back from NYC where I got a print of the Saga #18 cover signed by Fiona Staples at Midtown :D

Today:
EAST OF WEST #11
ALL NEW DOOP #1
ALL NEW GHOST RIDER #2
ALL NEW ULTIMATES #1
AVENGERS UNDERCOVER #2
SECRET AVENGERS #2
SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN #11

gonna read some reviews for Iron Fist

Mumei

In the past, it's only taken them a day to prep my order and ship it out. Recently, my last two orders are taking much longer than that. I actually had to e-mail them regarding the first order which was reaching the week mark and still hadn't shipped. Granted, I'm also placing much bigger orders now.

For example, my latest order has 14 items, and 11 of them were already picked and scanned within a day. My feeling is that not everything they have in in stock/storage so they may re-order those particular items and you're stuck waiting for it to arrive.

That could be it. "Wewillhaveitinstockwithintheweektrades" just doesn't have the same ring to it, though.

Anyway, it's only been a day so it's not like I was feeling particularly impatient yet. I was just wondering what I might be looking at.

First book I read today was All New Ultimates. Kinda rough around the edges. The quick number review is 7/10. The art was inconsistent. The faces looked very awkward sometimes. But it's a cool team and I want to know more so I'll try out a few more.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
First book I read today was All New Ultimates. Kinda rough around the edges. The quick number review is 7/10. The art was inconsistent. The faces looked very awkward sometimes. But it's a cool team and I want to know more so I'll try out a few more.

Did I miss a book somewhere, or am I just not remembering the end of the Cataclysm? I don't recall
so many superheroes being dead, or did a number of them just quit or something?

That could be it. "Wewillhaveitinstockwithintheweektrades" just doesn't have the same ring to it, though.

Anyway, it's only been a day so it's not like I was feeling particularly impatient yet. I was just wondering what I might be looking at.

If you check your account you can find the status of each book. It will say if it's been picked and scanned or not. If everything is picked but one title then that usually means they may be waiting on a resupply for that title.

Did I miss a book somewhere, or am I just not remembering the end of the Cataclysm? I don't recall

I'm not to sure, maybe someone else can help us here.

I just read Secret Avengers and it was awesome. It's the best thing I have read from Ales Kot. Love this book.

Toa TAK

Banned

I just read Secret Avengers and it was awesome. It's the best thing I have read from Ales Kot. Love this book.
I haven't read it yet, but what about "Survive"? What ever happened to that?

Did you read SURVIVE #1? That was the epilogue to Cataclysm.

Boogiepop

Dang, just found out that the reason 4 of the issues were skipped in the TMNT Classics is because one of the people who worked on the series wasn't willing to play ball. So those likely aren't going to get reprinted ever, bleh. Wonder what the deal is with the other four they didn't print? Hopefully they'll go back for those after they finish doing the Vol. 2 stuff.

But yeah, now to decide if I want to bite the bullet and place a huge order for all the currently available trades for the Classics and the new run... I didn't necessarily want to jump in all at once, but they're on sale and I'm pretty darn sure I'll enjoy them...

I did not, spoil it for me?

I just read Ghost Rider. 10/10. That was awesome. That was flat out fun. The art is fucking amazing and Felipe Smith has the South Central LA down.

It wasn't that good of an issue anyway.
(Survive/Cataclysm Spoilers)
The issue focuses on Cap's funeral and Tony's eulogy. Tony says the Ultimates are over now that Cap and Thor are gone. Spider-Woman then interrupts the eulogy to announce the New Ultimates.
There was also a conversation between Reed and Sue that hints at the new FF book. Shield was also blamed for the whole Galactus attack and dismantled.
Also, Kitty was called by the President who congratulates her on saving the world. He also mentions how this will end the mutant discrimination.

It wasn't that good of an issue anyway.
(Survive/Cataclysm Spoilers)
The issue focuses on Cap's funeral and Tony's eulogy. Tony says the Ultimates are over now that Cap and Thor are gone. Spider-Woman then interrupts the eulogy to announce the New Ultimates.
There was also a conversation between Reed and Sue that hints at the new FF book. Shield was also blamed for the whole Galactus attack and dismantled.
Also, Kitty was called by the President who congratulates her on saving the world. He also mentions how this will end the mutant discrimination.

Thanks, this book did a good job or recapping all of that then.

Captain Marvel was amazing. This was my first experience with the
GotG
and they are awesome. Kelly Sue writes with a lot of humor. The book is fun!

tim1138

I feel bad for anyone not reading Secret Avengers, that book is top notch. Ales Kot is your new comics overlord, so you better get used to it.

ElNarez

Banned
Deadpool #27 is a fun time, until you get to the guest spots, in which pretty much every single Deadpool writer ever tries to say "SEE I CAN DO MORE THAN GOOFS I CAN GO FUCKING DARK" in a different way. Like, there's 12 backup features, and most of them come with a dark fucked up twist because wham blam pow I can be serious as heck when I want to. To the point where Way's feature, which is kinda shit, as one would expect it to, came as a relief because at least no one was murdered or killed themselves or both. It's definitely a thing where the parts are better than the sum.

Read Nightcrawler #1. Pretty solid start. I'm on board.

Top 3 books so far are:

1. Ghost Rider
2. Secret Avengers
3. Captain Marvel

Vyer

Invincible was...uh....something, I guess.

Also...I have really enjoyed East of West, even though I'm sometimes not sure why. Kinda just felt like plot point and characters just kept getting introduced with little progress. It seems it's finally starting to come together though. Shit might get real? I dunno.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Federal Bureau of Physics is being adapted into a movie.

Justin Marks is reuniting with producer David Goyer to adapt Vertigo Comics’ Federal Bureau Of Physics, penning the script based on a treatment by Simon Oliver, who created the comic with Robbi Rodriguez. The comic series was titled Collider before the name was changed last year. Nellie Reed from Goyer’s company is also producing the Warner Bros pic; Jon Berg is overseeing for the studio. Goyer and Marks previously teamed at Warners with the latter adapting the DC Comics property Green Arrow: Escape From Supermax.

ElNarez

Banned
That's probably the best form for it. I love Robbie R, but that comic just never landed for me.

(lol get it)

SPEAKING OF, I did not realize he was back drawing Mighty Avengers. That's just how fucking good this issue is, and also looks. Like, whoa, yeah, it's actually Greg Land motherfucker, whaaaaaat

dan2026

God damn
Hank
got blown the fuck up in New X-men.
I haven't seen a burn that severe since the Human Torch went nova in the negative zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom