• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is seriously not as bad as people have made it out to be after reading issue #1. I stand by my assessment of it as a weirdo book for weirdoes that I love to death.

Well damn, I do recall you saying that after issue two now that you mention it.

Too many good books. Marvel pls ; ;

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Superior Spider-Man
. Although i'm already tired of nice guy Pete apologizing for stuff he didn't even do

he needs to be pissed the fuck off. at everyone. but i guess hes just glad to be back

Amazing X-Men #6
I'm really loving the Nightcrawler/Wolverine bromance. Azazzel still creepy

i would kill for a wolverine and his amazing friends. with wolverine, spidey and kurt just dicking around and kicking ass

I was in the same boat as you and loved volumes two and three. It pretty much turns into a continuation of Uncanny X-Force with the
Apocalypse Twins
stuff.

I don't even know who they are and that sounds rad as fuck. I'll check it out.

Is it sad that this is the reason I was excited :(

Noooooo. What's sad is that the Nocenti Catwoman solicit was the other reason you were excited.

Deku Tree

I have about four boxes of 80s-90s comics, and I'm ready to unload them. A lot of xmen and gi-joe, but other stuff too. What is the best way to figure out if they are worth anything? Thanks!

Superior was worth it just to see Goblin's reaction when he realizes that Peter was back.

"Except the dignity of knowing I never carried a man-purse" Goblin starts running away.

Toa TAK

Banned
Superior was worth it just to see Goblin's reaction when he realizes that Peter was back.

"Except the dignity of knowing I never carried a man-purse" Goblin starts running away.
so_good.gif

Great All-New Ghost Rider write up on CBR. It's kind of a walk through of the first issue so spoilers.

I love this book and it's only 2 issues in. I've read both my issues multiple times already. If I were to recommend any new comic to get into right now, it would be Ghost Rider.

In other comic related stuff, newest IST order, how did I do?

DAYTRIPPER DELUXE ED HC (MR) 1 @ $17.49 $17.49
STRANGERS IN PARADISE VOL 2 PKT TP 1 @ $12.57 $12.57
ASTONISHING X-MEN WHEDON CASSADAY ULT COLL TP BOOK 1 1 @ $17.39 $17.39
ASTONISHING X-MEN WHEDON CASSADAY ULT COLL TP BOOK 2 1 @ $17.39 $17.39

2 for me and 2 for my wife.

Marvel Comics
Amazing X-Men #6
Hulk #1
Ms Marvel #3
Thor God of Thunder #21
Wolverine and the X-Men #3

DC Comics
Batman and Wonder Woman #30

Small week comes as a relief.

arkon

Where is a good place to get in on BRPD. I have slowly stated to collect the hellboy library editions

They've got those smaller hardcover collections for BPRD. Think they are starting up paperback versions of them too. Plus you have the standard tpb collections which are as current as you'll get barring single issues.

Onemic

wow whats with all the sales on comixology this week? Grabbed the first volumes of Nowhere Men, Manhattan Projects, Runaways, New Avengers, Lazarus, and Invisibles. It'll be a while before I get to them though since I'm still going through claremont era X-men craziness. Got up to issue 162 now, beginning of the first Brood saga.

Toa TAK

Banned
You know if it weren't for Ms. Marvel, and later on Miles Morales, I would've dropped dead after the end of Superior.

But life, uh, finds a way.

MartyStu

Superior Spider-Man 31

Jesus. That was awful. And that terrible epilogue. Yuck.

Peter coming back and kissing everyone's ass was repulsive.

The only thing I liked was the conclusion Mary Jane and Carlie came up with. It makes sense and is entirely fair.

Now Peter just needs to let Anna Maria down easily. I really wish they'd just taken care of it here and not shit up Spectacular down the line though.

Wasn't too crazy about today's Superior Spider-Man, but it's been a fun ride. Really excited for Amazing now along with 2099.

Also picked up Batman Eternal 2 and all of Sex Criminals (<3 comixology sales) but I have yet to read either lol.

Batman Eternal was fantastic. Fabok continues to impress and his Catwoman was amazing!
I forgot or maybe just didn't know but what was the significance that it was Falcone who is back in Gotham? What happened to him in the first place? Also, should I know Green Eyes?

Batman Eternal was fantastic. Fabok continues to impress and his Catwoman was amazing!
I forgot or maybe just didn't know but what was the significance that it was Falcone who is back in Gotham? What happened to him in the first place? Also, should I know Green Eyes?

Batman Eternal was really fun this week. It's weird only having to wait one week before the next issue. Sinestro was a fun read as well, especially for a book I didn't even know existed until a few days ago.

Read through Superior Spider-Man finale

It was okay. I thought the epilogue was trash to be honest, it was too soulless.
Pete tells MJ what happened, she's like "Oh, okay." Carlie and MJ have a quick chat basically saying, he's a good guy but it's a bad idea to be with him. There was just no feelings anywhere, nobody seemed to care he was back in the aftermath.

:(

Toa TAK

Banned
Read through Superior Spider-Man finale

It was okay. I thought the epilogue was trash to be honest, it was too soulless.
Pete tells MJ what happened, she's like "Oh, okay." Carlie and MJ have a quick chat basically saying, he's a good guy but it's a bad idea to be with him. There was just no feelings anywhere, nobody seemed to care he was back in the aftermath.

:(
All it did was remind me how little I care for Carlie and MJ. It's all about that shorty now.

I'm very interested in how they will handle that.

It will not end well...

Hearts will be broken. She was the most victimized out of everybody by Ock's deception, and Peter continuing to date her and keep the charade going would just be...wrong. Cruel, even.

and then Black Cat is gonna kick his ass in ASM #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom