• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete just needs to be alone for awhile.

All his normal relationships seem destined to failure once the women find out his life is a 24/7 car wreck, and that's only before they end up being killed like Gwen, or "women be craaaaaazy" reveals like Black Cat and Deb Whitman. How can he even justify being with a normal woman anymore? Just to protect them, he should really put them out of his life, unless he starts dating Carol Denvers or some shit.

we need that spiderman X shehulk

prv12274_pg3.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
All his normal relationships seem destined to failure once the women find out his life is a 24/7 car wreck, and that's only before they end up being killed like Gwen, or "women be craaaaaazy" reveals like Black Cat and Deb Whitman. How can he even justify being with a normal woman anymore? Just to protect them, he should really put them out of his life, unless he starts dating Carol Denvers or some shit.

I don't think that's going to happen so long as Kelly Sue DeConnick is on her book. Brain Reed seemed to like it though.

But yea, there's no way a normal relationship will work for Pete.

zeeaykay

Thor continues to up the ante this week. Once again, Ribic and Aaron prove to be a creative team that can content with the best of them, telling relevant and absorbing stories that will surely want to be revisited. Can't wait for the final two issues of this arc!

Can we we please get somebody else on Spidey? I need somebody fresh, been Slott for too long, don't like his Pete. Waid's Pete OGN just reinforces this even more

Toa TAK

Banned
edit:
we need that spiderman X shehulk

prv12274_pg3.jpg

Jeez, talk about the thirst being real.
Hearts will be broken. She was the most victimized out of everybody by Ock's deception, and Peter continuing to date her and keep the charade going would just be...wrong. Cruel, even.

and then Black Cat is gonna kick his ass in ASM #3
Why #3? I know the first has to do with Electro...

Also, I'll be extra upset if Anna Maria is tossed aside.
Pete just needs to be alone for awhile.

Christ.

I know a lot of people weren't happy with how quickly Peter was kissing everyone's ass, but I know I would do the same. These people have no clue what had happened and really, he doesn't either. If he can get everyone to play nice, he'll figure things out soon enough.

Seriously dc. Fuck your futures end bullshit.

BUYIN' IT ALL.

After seeing the New Teen Titans cover can someone answer this question about the last series?

What is currently going on with Raven?

Currently,
Raven is working as a subversive agent for her Father Trigon. There have been moments where it seems like she is fully in his thrall and others where she appears to try and resist him, work against him, if she knew that there was someone who could actually fight him, but because he seems unstoppable at this point she does his bidding.

Most of that is currently on the back burner, though, because of their adventures in the future.

Jetman

Batman Eternal was fantastic. Fabok continues to impress and his Catwoman was amazing!
I forgot or maybe just didn't know but what was the significance that it was Falcone who is back in Gotham? What happened to him in the first place? Also, should I know Green Eyes?

I don't think the New 52 Falcone origin has been covered yet and this is his first appearance. "Green Eyes" = The Spectre

I've just found out that, apparently, the Flash might have been to Marvel Universe in the past after he died in Crisis on Infinite Earths... Fascinating!
GqUrplT.jpg

Jetman

Yep, look up the name
, Korupt.

And if you've read Snyder/Capullo's ridiculously awesome 'Batman' book, Corrigan was Jim Gordon's corrupt partner who threatens Jim's family and sicks a bunch of fighting dogs on him.
I honestly didn't know DC, did some crazy revisionist shit to the Spectres origin. I always thought before Hal Jordan was the Spectre, that Corrigan was just some old,hard boiled detective who got murdered and became the Spirit of Vengeance. I didn't know DC used a Jim Corrigan in the Gotham Central series as a corrupt cop too (until reading that wiki link). Weird.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Read through Superior Spider-Man finale

It was okay. I thought the epilogue was trash to be honest, it was too soulless.
Pete tells MJ what happened, she's like "Oh, okay." Carlie and MJ have a quick chat basically saying, he's a good guy but it's a bad idea to be with him. There was just no feelings anywhere, nobody seemed to care he was back in the aftermath.

:(

characters written like shit? its a spider man comic.

BUYIN' IT ALL.

Currently,
Raven is working as a subversive agent for her Father Trigon. There have been moments where it seems like she is fully in his thrall and others where she appears to try and resist him, work against him, if she knew that there was someone who could actually fight him, but because he seems unstoppable at this point she does his bidding.

Most of that is currently on the back burner, though, because of their adventures in the future.

Thanks.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
And if you've read Snyder/Capullo's ridiculously awesome 'Batman' book, Corrigan was Jim Gordon's corrupt partner who threatens Jim's family and sicks a bunch of fighting dogs on him.
I honestly didn't know DC, did some crazy revisionist shit to the Spectres origin. I always thought before Hal Jordan was the Spectre, that Corrigan was just some old,hard boiled detective who got murdered and became the Spirit of Vengeance. I didn't know DC used a Jim Corrigan in the Gotham Central series as a corrupt cop too (until reading that wiki link). Weird.

Aaaactually they kinda muddied the waters quite a while back. As far as I understand it there are two characters called Jim Corrigan - one is the spectre, the other is a corrupt cop that Rucka/Brubaker used in Gotham Central. This confused the hell out of me at the time, but I'm fairly sure that back then GCPD Jimmy Corrigan was not the Spectre at all. But then ironically his actions and Infinite Crisis end up making Crispus the Spectre. So it's all a bit fucked.

If DC have tied the two characters together it would make a kiiiiiiiind of sense I guess. But maybe not. We'll have to see where they go with it.

Nudull

Banned
Superior was worth it just to see Goblin's reaction when he realizes that Peter was back.

"Except the dignity of knowing I never carried a man-purse" Goblin starts running away.

Best moment of the issue, by far. Loved the hell out of the Superior finale, though I really didn't like Gage's epilogue.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
ibbSDPL0zYlzy1.gif

I hope he's only the artist on the book.

I just wanted to quote the Patrice.

Also, I read through Batman and Wonder Woman in the morning, and fuck, I love Gleason's Diana. I think he draws the Amazons who look like...well, Amazons. Cliff Chiang is fine and all, but I'd much rather this thicker, looks-like-she-squats-more-than-the-dudes Diana. If Batman doesn't knock Ra's teeth out of his dumb, ancient head, I'm not going to be satisfied with this arc.

Messi

I just wanted to quote the Patrice.

Also, I read through Batman and Wonder Woman in the morning, and fuck, I love Gleason's Diana. I think he draws the Amazons who look like...well, Amazons. Cliff Chiang is fine and all, but I'd much rather this thicker, looks-like-she-squats-more-than-the-dudes Diana. If Batman doesn't knock Ra's teeth out of his dumb, ancient head, I'm not going to be satisfied with this arc.

Gleasons Wonder Woman is great looking right? It was a really good issue too. Bats will slap the shit outta Ras soon.

monome

I am reading Survival of the fittest at the moment and I am really loving it. American Vampire is up there with my favorite books.

This is Snyder's baby.

Batman is great. But even to the casual comics fan I am, I can tell how the shackles of editorial prevent his stories from getting their natural conclusions.

I'm beginning to think Slott's Goblin arc was his Morrison-esque Planet X commentary on the cyclical inevitability of Spider-Man and indeed all corporate superheroes.

Probably not, though.

Slott has a different writing style that seems to require fill-in writers every now and again. I imagine between Silver Surfer, ASM, and Learning to Crawl, his priorities for scripting were elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom