• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC's third weekly, Earth 2: World's End coming in October.

Newsarama said:
Worlds’ Finest (which deals with the multiverse-displaced Huntress and Power Girl) are joined by Daniel H. Wilson, Marguerite Bennet, and Mike Johnson on writing duties. Eddy Barrows, Jorge Jimenez, Stephen Segovia, Paulo Siqueira, and Tyler Kirkham are the rotating artists for the weekly series.
apokolipsnew11.jpg

Jetman

Aaaactually they kinda muddied the waters quite a while back. As far as I understand it there are two characters called Jim Corrigan - one is the spectre, the other is a corrupt cop that Rucka/Brubaker used in Gotham Central. This confused the hell out of me at the time, but I'm fairly sure that back then GCPD Jimmy Corrigan was not the Spectre at all. But then ironically his actions and Infinite Crisis end up making Crispus the Spectre. So it's all a bit fucked.

If DC have tied the two characters together it would make a kiiiiiiiind of sense I guess. But maybe not. We'll have to see where they go with it.

Haha, wow, well, I was going to say that since Snyder is involved in Batman Eternal, maybe he can help to unfuck the characters origin. But, looking at that same wiki link the characters origin already started up in the Phantom Stranger series? With another Jim Corrigan who happens to work in GCPD with no mention if its the same character.GJ DC.

Jetman

Yeah, so two seperate events, Worlds End and Futures End? :/
I wonder if that Worlds End is a lead up to canceling Earth 2 or something? Or maybe consolidating all of the characters from it in Worlds Finest? Cause we know that there is absolutely no way they are letting Earth 2 Batman
aka Hourman Wayne
die before meeting the Nu52 Batman...right?

Absolutely delighted by the idea of a Earth 2 weekly. If any one series deserves it, it is Earth 2, as that title is trying to fill so many shoes at the same time. Give all of its characters a chance to shine.

Hagi

I know some in here are reading Batman Beyond 2.0 but has anyone read Beechens original stuff? I'm going to pick up some Bat books from Amazon and was thinking about getting Beyond Hush and Industrial Revolution to go along with Black Mirror and the first volume of Morrisons Batman and Robin.

I know some in here are reading Batman Beyond 2.0 but has anyone read Beechens original stuff? I'm going to pick up some Bat books from Amazon and was thinking about getting Beyond Hush and Industrial Revolution to go along with Black Mirror and the first volume of Morrisons Batman and Robin.

They are both pretty good. I've enjoyed almost all of the Batman Beyond stuff, however.

Ehhhhh those lineups for Earth 2 are kinda bland
Anyone else pick up Translucid #1?? Really liked the art and colors.
Its created by Claudio Chanchez (Coheed & Cambria singer/guitar). One of my fav bands and he puts out some good comics as well. He also created The Amory War, Key of Z and Kill Audio.

It was a good first issue hero/villain type of story.. colors are freggin awesome.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=21109
http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?pid=16325&disp=ilib&oty=1&oid=51290
I bought it, have yet to read. Didn't actually know it's by the C&C guy

Really disappointed pete's gonna be back.

I liked spock, and the way he did things were way too extreme to be spidey... but he was the Superior Spider-man.

;_;

It's going to be boring storylines from here on out.

EDIT: I've always liked spock, pete's books have always pretty yawn worthy and conventional.

Really disappointed pete's gonna be back.

I liked spock, and the way he did things were way too extreme to be spidey... but he was the Superior Spider-man.

;_;

It's going to be boring storylines from here on out.
He literally was not the superior Spider-Man. Literally.
That doesn't mean he wasn't just as amazing. :/

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I love how there are two camps here in regards Slott's Spider-Man. Some of you love him and some haaaate him

The day Slott leaves Spider-Man I will make a big party.

He was awesome until Big Time, but then he definitly jumped the shark with every new storyarc.

Owzers

DCBS shipment arrives tmw so i'm in my last day anti-spoiler mode...

Wolverine: Enemy of the State HC vol 1: Halfway through and " I don't want to hurt you , but i think i have to" is already something that is too thin to sustain the book.

I missed the second issue because my LCS didn't order any for the rack; once that happens, I typicall decide to hold off and wait for a trade.
damn, that's too bad. I wish more people read this book
Yup,, Key of Z and Kill Auido are both really good too.

C2E2 just added him (Claudio Sanchez) to the event!:) Sweeet
awesome. they're gonna be at wondercon too. I was wondering why the team for the book had a ticketed signing. being in a hugely popular band will do that!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Honestly, I sort of prefer Beechens original stuff. He was absolutely great on the book.

Next week might be the biggest pull I have ever had on a single day. Think I'm pulling 16 books that day. I'm sure people have done more but it's a record for me.

Gail just told me on Twitter that we haven't seen the last of The Movement kids! I am over the moon!!!!

I'd love to have tshirts even though that's so not happening. Every time I started to have a favorite cast member, Gail made me love another one even more. This is how you do a teen book properly. I'm hoping the Gen13 rumor is true now.

Gail just told me on Twitter that we haven't seen the last of The Movement kids! I am over the moon!!!!

I'd love to have tshirts even though that's so not happening. Every time I started to have a favorite cast member, Gail made me love another one even more. This is how you do a teen book properly. I'm hoping the Gen13 rumor is true now.

Yeah the last few issues were just sitting in my pile. I'd sort of figured it'd be phoned in after the cancellation notice but they were all really good. Even the Batgirl tie in issue had some interesting social commentary (even if it is in a superhero universe).

Yeah the last few issues were just sitting in my pile. I'd sort of figured it'd be phoned in after the cancellation notice but they were all really good. Even the Batgirl tie in issue had some interesting social commentary (even if it is in a superhero universe).

It has a very devoted if small fanbase. Gail would never phone it in. She loves those kids.

Waid already did some stories during the Brand New Day era. I would LOVE if he took over Spidey full time though, bonus points if he brings Samnee with him. Family Business was great, if expensive.

Aaron would be good too, highly recommend his Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine mini.

Splatt

Waid already did some stories during the Brand New Day era. I would LOVE if he took over Spidey full time though, bonus points if he brings Samnee with him. Family Business was great, if expensive.

Aaron would be good too, highly recommend his Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine mini.

Waid wrote one of the best Spidey stories in recent memory

Shocker.jpg

Dat Martin art :3

Pls come back, save us from Ramos :(((

On the Wade topic, All New New Hulk #1 was meh.

strobogo

Banned
Not exactly a recent topic, but surely there are others in here who thinks Hush is fucking terrible, right? I'm reading through a bunch of Morrison's Bat run and this giant Hush story is included for whatever reason and it is terrible. The character is terrible. Just...so stupid.

Vibranium

Banned
DnA, Waid or Aaron should write Spidey. But DnA broke up. :(

Yes please. Waid would have amazing developments for Jameson and other supporting characters that go beyond being mayors or models, he could really shake things up. Jason Aaron would wonderful too, as long as he keeps environmental stuff out (not feeling that in Thor, I do my part for the world, I don't need a reminder about stuff like that). It's too bad Mark's on Hulk still, it just doesn't seem like a fit for him and I have never pulled the book.

Also, DnA need to just put it behind them, there are more important things in life than petty squabbles. It would be great to see them on a Nova Prime book, but if that doesn't happen then someone else can write Rich Rider.

Unscheduled Stop is the best, but I also rather liked 24/7 where he decides he's gonna annoy the shit out Mayor Jameson by being Spider-Man all day, and ASM #583 that focuses on him and Betty.

My main problem with Mark Waid, and why I don't want him on an ongoing, is that he tends to overplay the Peter Parker is a Loser bit. Like, Origin of the Species first five pages seem like an exercise in "how much can I embarrass this character", or the recent Daredevil crossover where he has Spider-Man whining about his love life, have no comeback to a thug he tied up, coming off as a creepy stalker pervert to Black Cat, lose a race down a building with Daredevil, look like an idiot talking to illusions that aren't there(but DD can see thanks to radar sense), have his Spidey Sense not work so DD can save him from an earthquake, then grab an open wire and shock himself. All in the span of a single issue.

Unscheduled Stop is in my top ten all-time favorite Spider-Man stories though, so he'll always have that

Winter Solider you guys!!!!! Holy crap Amazing movie

Falcon was bad ass. Winterr soldier was bad ass!

Brubaker must have had a giant grin on his face when He saw the movie .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom