• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Stolen body. Chasing the doctorate was Otto's idea, Otto's life. Chasing the doctorate led to Anna Maria, also Otto's life. That was, of course, after kicking Mary Jane to the curb hard. Also very Otto..

more like stolen life. he didnt try to relocate somewhere and start new. he wormed his way into parkers life destroying bonds that meant something to pete. all the things he accomplished? done with petes name and face, and somehow managed to mess alll that up in a more disastrous fashion than pete himself could ever dream of. everything hes done was based on lies

Yo, Marvel peeps, will you please take him back? This feels like the Sword of Romitacles being held above our necks...

2mgU0Si.jpg

Haha. I was just thinking that myself. NEANDERTHAL SUPERMAN.

You'd wish Romita upon Shazam? What sort of monster are you?
Nah brah, I wanted Johns to do Shazam. Not Supahman.

Shutter number 1 was alright. Bout what I expected out of Joe. Seems he has taken a few cues from Saga by having random shit in ghe background like minotaurs and lizard people. Hopefully he doesn't start throwing expletives around like Saga like shit, fuck, cunt and cum buster. But that will get you an Eisner. Though I legit laughed out loud when ghe makn character proclaimed she had "seen some shit" in her lifetime.

Iron Fist was odd. It wasn't what I expected.

Wiseblade

Stolen body. Chasing the doctorate was Otto's idea, Otto's life. Chasing the doctorate led to Anna Maria, also Otto's life. That was, of course, after kicking Mary Jane to the curb hard. Also very Otto.
Otto only chased a doctorate because his ego couldn't accept "Peter Parker" not having one. It wasn't out of some desire to better himself or further his learning.

And he only kicked MJ to the curb after failing in his attempt to sleep with her and deciding to fap to Petet's memories instead.

Are What If Age of Ultron issues 1 and 2 connected in anyway? What the hell?

Each What If AoU covers a different universe where a different Avenger died, aside from the last one.
Issue #1--Wasp died.
Issue #2--Iron Man died.
Issue #3--Thor died.
Issue #4--Cap died.
Issue #5--What if Ultron was never created?

Why do you keep asking for this when that first issue of Geoff johns Gary frank Shazam was hillioursly shit. It was like all the charm and imagination was sucked out for grim gritty angst bullshit

No.

Johns/Frank Shazam was a wonderful reimagining of the Shazam origin. Yeah, this isn't the "Golly gee willicker" Billy, but that doesn't mean it's 'grim gritty angst'. Did you even read it? It was about a boy who hadn't had the love of a family learning to embrace the unconditional love that he was being offered. That moment when he shares the power of Shazam with his family to defeat Black Adam was amazing.

Also, the charm? The charm was when Billy and his Foster Brother are goofing off and using the powers of Shazam for all the things a pair of young boys would if suddenly given that power.

ViewtifulJC plz.

I only read Justice League 0, and it was one of the worst books I read all year. I could have put up with the typically thin, read in a minute, look at all these money shots and splash pages Geoff Johns narrative, or the fact the only woman is the comic is an attractive victim or its completely unconvincing and obnoxious 15-year old Billy Batson characterization, or just blatant disregard and fundamental disrespect to the character...I could forgive it ALL, if it was at least doing something, ANYTHING interesting. Its almost impressive creation in glossy soulless cynically crafted trash made exclusively to pander to the uber-fanboy, right down to Gary Frank's overblown Captain Marvel design.

Each What If AoU covers a different universe where a different Avenger died, aside from the last one.
Issue #1--Wasp died.
Issue #2--Iron Man died.
Issue #3--Thor died.
Issue #4--Cap died.
Issue #5--What if Ultron was never created?
Thanks brah. I guess when Iron Man dies Ultron is never mentioned or comes to fruition. Weird

Why do you keep asking for this when that first issue of Geoff johns Gary frank Shazam was hillioursly shit. It was like all the charm and imagination was sucked out for grim gritty angst bullshit
You know why I want it? Because I am anti establishment. Because I want Shazam to inspire the next generation of comic superstars. Because I dont want a dozen more Batbooks or weekly books by talentless hacks like Mike Johnson, Rim Seeley, some brah that has never written comics before or Joe Keatinge. Because I believe in magic over truth, justice and the American Way.

I want to photoshop and posterize that promo shot and have it say Rafa is Coming.

Lumberjanes was pretty schway. Much better art than the cover. The colors were great and it definitely had personality. Boom continues to use incredible paper. I dont like the next addition to Boom Box, Cyanide and Happiness. It's time to let new stories and ideas be told on paper.

Thanks brah. I guess when Iron Man dies Ultron is never mentioned or comes to fruition. Weird

It's a pretty weird premise, specially because the specific character isn't killed by Wolverine in the past or anything. They kind of just die from some time mumbo jumbo at completely random moments in time.

Issues 2 and 3 don't even have Ultron at all. The series focuses more on alternative villain-dominated alternative futures. Issue 2 being "Age of Stane" and 3 "Age of Jormugand". Issue 1 is still "Age of Ultron" though...

Weird.

If the first issue doesn't pull you in you can't really blame someone for not continuing with it. That doesn't explain the bad taste on the art side (it's gorgeous!). I really feel you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't get the trade. As a collected work it is not amazing ride.

If the first issue doesn't pull you in you can't really blame someone for not continuing with it. That doesn't explain the bad taste on the art side (it's gorgeous!). I really feel you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't get the trade. As a collected work it is not amazing ride.

First issue drops are most likely knee-jerk reactions unless it's THAT bad, which it rarely ever is.

Now after three to five issues, it just can't be helped then.

tim1138

JL #0 wasn't the first Shazam issue though brah. Those backups started in like issue #7 or #8.

Romita strikes me as a joke that went horribly wrong. Like, one day, a guy said, "No, Romita Jr is like, really good, you know?" in jest. But someone believed him. They didn't get it, at first, but built it up. Surely, if their friend said he was good, then he was... even if he looked like shit. So he went and told a friend. And that friend believed him, and so on, until a portion of the fanbase believed, for some inexplicable reason, that Romita was good. And to this day, that first guy regrets what he did, in his foolish youth.

I admit that advertisement was not the best drawing to use but overall, I'm really excited for JRJR to be doing Superman.

It's like some sort of horror slasher villain stalking you, slowly walking you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom