• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidDork

It wouldn't hurt to read volume 1, but you should be able to just jump into volume 2 and be fine.

Do I remember correctly that you like Kitty Pryde? Her origin is in the second volume.

Kitty's introduction to the X-Men is a must read. I went and bought the issue again just so I could have a better copy of it. Golden era of the X-Men.

Romita Jr...when he first appeared I enjoyed his work. It was different, it had a grittiness to to it that was uncommon at the time. But now, his work looks too rushed, like it was drawn through a blinding hangover.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Tony Moore is incredible. I wish he had drawn all of Fear Agent. I hope he returns to comics soon, I know he is dealing with personal issues now. Rememnder mentioned he wanted to work on a Western with him. Goddam. Can you imagine that?

Oh my goodness. That would make all my dreams come true. When someone was playing the "name your dream comic" game a week or so ago, my answer was "Remender doing a cowboy book."
Those pre-invasion-Texas parts of Fear Agent really got me wanting more of that. Definitely not saying I didn't totally love everything else about Fear Agent too. Those parts just specifically stuck out as being great. That bar scene? So good.

Do you like Magik?
Does anyone like magik? In everything I read she comes off as one of the least likable character. When I started reading xmen in the 90s and she was dead and Colossus was always moping about his dead sister. Now that she's back and what I've read, why would anyone want to hang out with her?

Messi

When I die I want to be holding your hand.

9GKqWO7.gif

I like Magik but my only exposure to her has been in the current uncanny series.

Does anyone like magik? In everything I read she comes off as one of the least likable character. When I started reading xmen in the 90s and she was dead and Colossus was always moping about his dead sister. Now that she's back and what I've read, why would anyone want to hang out with her?
I don't like anyone on the Uncanny team. I cheer for the sentinels in that book. :p

#icemancold

Owzers

Yeah it probably could have been half as long as it was without really cutting anything from the plot. Maybe my opinion on it would be different if I had been buying it as it came out of bought the trade, but as a loan from the library it was a pleasant way to spend the afternoon.

Easy what to will about how long it takes for DC to get trades out, but at least their pricing isn't insane. I have the Green Lantern Rise of the Third Army and Wrath of the First Lantern hardcovers, both are sixteen issues long and cost $35. Obviously anyone who pays full price for years in this day and age is a sucker, but even with mark downs, the Marvel stuff is just exorbitantly priced.

Bad events are a lot better if you don't buy them monthly, especially ones as long as BOTA. Event though i didn't like Age of Ultron at allllllllllll i don't regret reading it on MU because i didn't spend extra money. Same with my cheap used copy of Ultimatum.

Hagi

Haha it totally is...fuck me. It's late I do apologise.

lol at first glance its easy done. Love me some Bachalo Emma and his art on Uncanny in general, dude is insane talented.

I'd love to get him back on Spidey he did this weird issue set during a snow storm about some native american? demon that was great and i think he did the Lizard eating his kid stuff as well.

Well, Just got home from the Salt Lake ComicCon.
Cosplaying was fun, though Steven Universe is not very well known yet, so my girlfriend and I weren't referenced for too many pics. (A dude asked me to play a song from the show on my uke, though. lol)
I ended up getting the comics on my list, as well as some others that caught my attention:

FF #1
I like it! Don't know much about the Future Foundation or anything about the Fantastic Four and their problem, but the art is neat and it seems like there will be a LOT more going on in the next issues.
Scarlet Spider #21, 22, 24
They feel like stand-alone issues, though I wish there had been a copy of #23 left.
I'll be buying the rest digitally. Also, BEN REILLY~
Batman Incorporated #0
Ugh.
Comic Grab Bag #1
Five short stories made by Jess Smart Smiley. Four of them were fantastic, the "snake" one was rather dull and simple, but the art was swell on them all.
Thumbprint #1 - 3
Are you fucking serious? I can see why it only cost me 25 cents. A waste of money.

I also picked up Upside Down - A Vampire Tale #1, but I haven't read it yet. All in all, a good day.

I have a list in my basket!

If you didn't know, I post joint list between my wife and I because I read some of her stuff. This is why you see Catwoman who she can't let go.

My BuyList via Comics Day App

AQUAMAN #30 $2.99
BATMAN ETERNAL #3 $2.99
BATMAN SUPERMAN #9 $3.99
CATWOMAN #30 $2.99
FLASH #30 $2.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED #0 (EVIL) $3.99
RED LANTERNS #30 $2.99
SUPERMAN #30 (DOOMED) $2.99
SHELTERED #8 $2.99
ALL NEW INVADERS #4 $3.99
DAREDEVIL #2 ANMN $3.99
ELEKTRA #1 ANMN $3.99
FANTASTIC FOUR #3 ANMN $3.99
ORIGINAL SIN #0 $4.99
UNCANNY AVENGERS #19 ANMN $3.99

Nocenti-Free List

Batman Eternal #3
Red Lanterns #30
TMNT #33
Fuse #3
Lazarus #8
Walking Dead #126
Elektra #1
Guardians of the Galaxy #14
Original Sin #0
Powers Bureau #9
Uncanny Avengers #19
Uber #11

list is just Elektra and maybe 24 #1 for me. I don't exactly need that many books considering all the books i've been picking up this weekend

Nudull

Banned
Got nothing coming out, this week. At least I can save up for FCBD. :3 Might get Elektra later on, if the reviews are good, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom