• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were actually a trilogy of episodes involving them, some of the better episodes too, particular His Silicon Soul.

Yeah that is definitely one of the best episodes in the series. In fact, that whole narrative was just great, that feeling of continuity that the DCAU made its hallmark really got its start with these sort of touches.

Messi

Baby list of middling to great quality:

Catwoman #30 :potential book of the week
Batman Eternal #3
Dead Body Road #5
Fuse #3
Zero #7
Daredevil #2
Electra #1 hype hype hype
Original Sin #0
TMNT ongoing #31 if my store gets it unlike last month.

Small week. Welcome change.

Messi

Goddam. You humble and inspire me. You purchase anything that your heart desires. A capitalist princess.

I think for big ticket figs, J Scott Campbell MJ and Gwen are my holy grails. But they are ghe price of a championship belt and ai really want one of those.

Those statues are beautiful.

Messi

Messi we need to conspire to get Catwoman to win book of the month. For the Nocenti Cabal. The meltdown alone would be worth it.

The meltdown after Harley beating Locke and Key finale sustains me. Ironically enough better issues of Harley have lost to worse books. Catwoman is never winning BOTM with her at the helm.

I need this statue but I can't justify the price

300227-harley-quinn-007.jpg

tim1138

AQUAMAN #30
JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #30
JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED #0
MANHATTAN PROJECTS #20
NCANNY AVENGERS #19
ZERO #7

Zero and Manhattan Projects in the same week, poor every other book on my list.

arkon

Bravest Warriors #19
Dead Boy Detectives #5
Fuse #3
Manhattan Projects #20
Midas Flesh #5
Star Wars Legacy II #14
Transformers Robots In Disguise #28

I'll be picking up Elektra for those Del Mundo interiors. Justice League United #0 as well. First main DCU book in a while. I hope it's better than Lemire's effort on JLD.

lol at first glance its easy done. Love me some Bachalo Emma and his art on Uncanny in general, dude is insane talented.

I'd love to get him back on Spidey he did this weird issue set during a snow storm about some native american? demon that was great and i think he did the Lizard eating his kid stuff as well.

YES.

His Spidey issues were crazy weird amazingness.

Biggest hardcover/paperback you own?

For me, it's the Bendis New Avengers omni, which covers all of Disassembled, 31 issues of New Avengers and a bunch of Civil War one-shots. Followed closely by the Walking Dead and Invincible compendiums, my Walking Dead volume one is signed by Charlie Adlard so that's pretty neat.

lol at first glance its easy done. Love me some Bachalo Emma and his art on Uncanny in general, dude is insane talented.

I'd love to get him back on Spidey he did this weird issue set during a snow storm about some native american? demon that was great and i think he did the Lizard eating his kid stuff as well.

There was a good two-parter concerning Hammerhead as well

The "Snow in April" with the Mayan warriors was a lot of fun, I distinctly remember one fun little comic trick to emphasize how the Mayan God-King is "everywhere" in time and space by having his cross the borders of the comic and hit Spider-Man, repeating his dialog to help emphasize that

Messi

My biggest ones are the Y the last man deluxe editions. I don't own any omnibuses yet. But I've pre ordered the Wolverine and the x-men one.

Boogiepop

Invisibles omnibus for me...thing is a cinder block

It's a toss-up between the second Invincible Compendium and the X-Statix omnibus, looking at my shelf.
Edit: My closest manga is probably the Ayako hardcover, which comes close but is probably still outclassed by those two.

Owzers

Ms. Marvel #3...i don't know if i like this book. Part of it seems a little slow and needy in it's storytelling, especially family relationships, but the other part is endearing. I also presume i have an anti-muslim prejudice that is keeping me from fully embracing the book. In this issue Kamala basically wanders around from scene to seen being unsure of what's going on for 3/4ths of the issue and i'm reminded of why i didn't like Bendis' new Ultimate Spidey with Miles Morales either. " Oh man i'm just a kid and i got this family and i don't know what i'm doing! What am i going to do? Oh no, a sudden predicament has unfolded and i have to be a hero!"

Not sure if i'll continue past the pre-ordered #4, there's enough happening to make me interested along with how Kamala is dealing with her new situation, but not enough that has me really excited for the next issue.

ElNarez

Banned
So, here's a list.

All-Star Western #30
Aquaman #30
Batman Eternal #3
Batman Superman #9
Justice League United #0

Fuse #3
Lazarus #8
Manhattan Projects #20
Uber #11
Zero #7

Elektra #1
Guardians of the Galaxy #14
Iron Patriot #2
Original Sin #0
Uncanny Avengers #19

April 2015 appears to be the month of DC's next big paradigm shift.

Eternity Can Wait – DC Weeklies Will Run Until March 2015 (Bleeding Cool)

[Dan Didio] ...Batman Eternal started this April and runs to next March after which it takes a brief hiatus, Futures End starts this May and ends the last week of March 2015, and Worlds End starts in October and ends the same week as the others next March, hope that clears things up.
You'll remember that March 2014 was supposed to be the end of Forever Evil and all related storylines, and that April 2014 (this month) was supposed to be the start of team changes and repercussions and such, until all those unfortunate delays caused those books to slip into May. So, one can surmise that whatever big event DC has in the works for end of this year, it's going to end in March and cause April shakeups next year.

Unless there are more delays.

But hey! At least those aren't year-long weeklies; good news for some of you suckers planning to buy all three.

tim1138

April 2015 appears to be the month of DC's next big paradigm shift.

Eternity Can Wait – DC Weeklies Will Run Until March 2015 (Bleeding Cool)

You'll remember that March 2014 was supposed to be the end of Forever Evil and all related storylines, and that April 2014 (this month) was supposed to be the start of team changes and repercussions and such, until all those unfortunate delays caused those books to slip into May. So, one can surmise that whatever big event DC has in the works for end of this year, it's going to end in March and cause April shakeups next year.

Unless there are more delays.

But hey! At least those aren't year-long weeklies; good news for some of you suckers planning to buy all three.

Isn't next year the 30th anniversary of Crisis on Infinite Earths? I'm guessing we'll get the first N52 Crisis in April.

The Ultimate Spider-Man Collection that Barnes & Noble put out about ten years ago, it has the first three volumes in it and is about 1000 pages or so. I really only buy trades so I don't own any omnis or anything. I do want to grab the Uncanny X-Force omni when I have the chance.

Finished every issue of Sex Criminals so far and I really enjoyed it! Definitely gonna try to keep up with it. I'm gonna check out Zero and Rat Queens next.

Cheska

Goddam. You humble and inspire me. You purchase anything that your heart desires. A capitalist princess.

I think for big ticket figs, J Scott Campbell MJ and Gwen are my holy grails. But they are ghe price of a championship belt and ai really want one of those.

LOL, I just call it having no self control.

What does she look like out of the box?

Tumblr pic

Teen Titans Omnibus by Geoff Johns.

Final Crisis on New Earth 52 - The Return to the old Continuity.

And big Numbers for the Ongoings return, too! Action Comics 1000 :D

The old Stephanie, Cassandra, Donna and Wally return, only to be fridged by Superboy Prime who punches his way into the N52 universe just to kill them.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

Colossal Conan.

I'm curious, is Colossal Conan THE biggest comic collection? Like, in total area and weight? I feel like it must be. At least until Big Damn Sin City comes out in a couple months. So excited for that.

Hagi

YES.

His Spidey issues were crazy weird amazingness.

There was a good two-parter concerning Hammerhead as well

The "Snow in April" with the Mayan warriors was a lot of fun, I distinctly remember one fun little comic trick to emphasize how the Mayan God-King is "everywhere" in time and space by having his cross the borders of the comic and hit Spider-Man, repeating his dialog to help emphasize that

THIS

Fuck, all I want is Bachalo and Waid (or Aaron after he's done with Thor, wiuld be amazing) on Spidey but we're stuck with the dream team for the foreseeable future ugh. Maybe next year.

Biggest Omni I have is Secret Warriors, I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom