• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatt

Good on you all for enjoying this run then. I'm going pretend this current Punisher is a LMD deployed by SHIELD and the real one is still stuck in the underwater prison at the end of Rucka's War Zone. Atleast this way I can reconcile the massive character assassination that has happened in both this new run and Thunderbolts.

I bet this is going to be revealed in Original Sin. I wish. :-(

I love Rucka's Solid SnakePunisher, and while I do understand the criticism aimed at the new series, I'm really enjoying a more lighthearted Punisher.

For the grim n gritty I'll always have Ennis's Max issue <3

tim1138

Image solicts look good, I didn't realize Low was starting that soon. I'm totally getting that Cap'n Dinosaur one shot, it sounds fantastically ridiculous.

Batman on the cover of Superman/Wonder Woman... awwwwkward.o_O

crying+superman+cries.gif
tumblr_m6pr6dMsth1qh30ww.gif

Ephidel

Sorry to jump in when people are talking about things that are more interesting and more fun, but does anyone know when comixology.co.uk went live? Or has anyone seen anything explaining their price scheme, because ew at their current $=£ conversion rate.
With it I'd now have the choice of buying (for example) a digital version of Hulk #1 for £3.99 or a physical copy with a digital code for £2.75-£2.90 (store dependent). Gee, I wonder which one sounds like a better idea :|
And the $0.99 sales have become £0.99 sales when they were formerly £0.69 :(

Hagi

Sorry to jump in, but does anyone know when comixology.co.uk went live? Because ew at their $=£ conversion rate.
With it I'd now have the choice of buying (for example) a digital version of Hulk #1 for £3.99 or a physical copy with a digital code for £2.75-£2.90 (store dependent). Gee, I wonder which one sounds like a better idea :|
And the $0.99 sales have become £0.99 sales when they were formerly £0.69 :(

Apps are still showing the sales as 69p so ignore the site with the force of a thousand suns! Good thing the apps haven't changed as i was mulling over getting Batgirl year one.

Messi

Image Comics Solicitations for July 2014 have appeared; ya'll ready to buy another Remender comic? :D

Also, Supreme Blue Rose by Ellis/Lotay, Sejic's Death Vigil, the return of Hack/Slash, the super-delayed Black Kiss special by Chaykin and Black Dog TPB by Kelly/Greco, the first Deadly Class TPB, Saga, Sex Criminals, Velvet, Lazarus, and all the awesome stuff you've come to expect from Image.

DC's solicits are also popping up sometime today it's believed.

EDIT:

DC has decided that Batman doesn't get enough exposure, so this July he'll appear on all variant covers for the month (Newsarama)

The list (so far):

ACTION COMICS #33
AQUAMAN #33
BATGIRL #33
BATMAN #33
BATMAN AND ROBIN #33
BATMAN/SUPERMAN #13
BATWOMAN #33
DETECTIVE COMICS #33
EARTH 2 #25
GRAYSON #1
GREEN LANTERN #33
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #33
HARLEY QUINN #8
JUSTICE LEAGUE #33
JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #33
JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED #3
SUPERMAN #33
SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #10
TEEN TITANS #1
THE FLASH #33
WONDER WOMAN #33

Batman on the cover of Superman/Wonder Woman... awwwwkward.o_O

Christ those covers for Low and Wicked and the Devine are gorgeous. So in for those books.

Saga continues to get wierder which is great for me.

No Rat Queens, 6 week wait sucks :(

Sex criminals and Black Science continue to have awesome covers and isn't that the Poyo cover from a while back in chew? Didn't it say they wouldn't do that issue looool. Love chew.

--

DC Solicits today? Now to begin the waiting game for the cover images of Harleys one shot and Catwoman.

Parch

Every Batman book is quite the chore. I don't think I could do it.

I got that GIT retail version with 20 years of Amazing Spider-Man. 250 comics on one DVD. When you read a lot of one title in a short period of time it really exposes how much rehash happens in comics. I got absolutely sick of reading Spider-Man and couldn't finish the disc.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Does anybody know, which comic related Podcasts are worth listening? I am especially interested in those, who not only discuss the newest issue of the comic book, but rather speak abouth the history of the character, famous issues and artists.
I am most interested in podcasts about Batman and Spider-Man, can somebody make a recommendation?

Hagi

Does anybody know, which comic related Podcasts are worth listening? I am especially interested in those, who not only discuss the newest issue of the comic book, but rather speak abouth the history of the character, famous issues and artists.
I am most interested in podcasts about Batman and Spider-Man, can somebody make a recommendation?

Fatman on Batman is amazing, Kevin Smith talks to people who's been involved with the character over the years. The Morrison stuff is well worth a listen to just to hear how mental he is, really interesting.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Fatman on Batman is amazing, Kevin Smith talks to people who's been involved with the character over the years. The Morrison stuff is well worth a listen to just to hear how mental he is, really interesting.
Fuck yes. Easily the best comic podcast I've listened to. The Morrison episodes are incredible and so are the Paul Dini ones. Kevin gets the best stories out of these dudes and lets them talk about their lives in candid ways. Even people like Didio come off as likeable.

Advance solicits for September's "Future's End" 3d cover gimmick from DC (Bleeding Cool)

Solicit text is there too, revealing some of the future storylines.

DAT JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED: FUTURES END #1 SOLICIT

In the concluding chapter of the epic story that began in this month&#8217;s JUSTICE LEAGUE: FUTURES END #1,
the armies of Mars rise against the unsuspecting population of Earth &#8211; and only the combined might of the Justice League and the Legion of Super-Heroes can stand against them!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yea I'm cautious. Didn't buy any of the villains month stuff.

Is futures end the Age of ultron knockoff? Or is that some over thing

Sort of. From what it sounds like there are two parts to Future's End. There is the 35+ years in the future,
which is where Brother Eye has won and taken over the world. This is Terry, Batman Beyonds time
. Then there is the 5+ years later, which is possible futures. This is where the September books are set.

And I gotta say, there are some real fun Villain's months issues. Probably about half were worth it, imo.

Original Sin looks...interesting. At least the premise of it does. I'm still pretty behind though as the post-Infinity Avengers/New Avengers hardcovers don't come out until the end of July.

Does anything else look like it will be "required" reading in the run up to the Original Sin event?

The next trades aside from Avengers/New Avengers/Uncanny Avengers I have my eyes on are Winter Soldier: Bitter March, Black Widow and Hawkeye Vol 3, but haven't looked hard at what else is dropping in May/June. Winter Soldier won't be out until September.

I may skip the Inhumanity hardcover.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

There aren't many that I know of personally, the one that came to mind first was Comics Conspiracy, but tbh those guys kinda sound like mouthbreathing nerds misreading wikipedia so I wouldn't really recommend. iFanboy (despite the shitty name) is a great show about the weekly books, but they also did a video show going in depth on particular characters and arcs. The video show ended a while back, but I think they're still on the website.

Fuck yes. Easily the best comic podcast I've listened to. The Morrison episodes are incredible and so are the Paul Dini ones. Kevin gets the best stories out of these dudes and lets them talk about their lives in candid ways. Even people like Didio come off as likeable.

I kinda want to hate Fatman on Batman (despite having listened to Smodcast for years and being a fan of Smith in general - despite his obvious love for the character he's way too into the Nolan movies and his knowledge of the comics is fairly narrow beyond that) but he keeps getting great guests. Denny O'Neil was a real treat (I skipped the Adams eps because I don't really like him), Morrison was obviously sublime and entertaining, the recent episode about the guy who did Something Terrible was incredibly moving. Even the eps where he reads an issue out have been fun, I love the ending to Rock of Ages even more thanks to his enthusiasm.

Actually I think a really focused podcast going through landmark characters/runs would be really awesome. If I had any RL friends who knew comics properly I would totally do it myself.

DAT JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED: FUTURES END #1 SOLICIT

In the concluding chapter of the epic story that began in this month’s JUSTICE LEAGUE: FUTURES END #1,
the armies of Mars rise against the unsuspecting population of Earth – and only the combined might of the Justice League and the Legion of Super-Heroes can stand against them!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This is why he's been tweeting pics of Legion collections.

DO NOT FUCK THIS UP, LEMIRE.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
There aren't many that I know of personally, the one that came to mind first was Comics Conspiracy, but tbh those guys kinda sound like mouthbreathing nerds misreading wikipedia so I wouldn't really recommend. iFanboy (despite the shitty name) is a great show about the weekly books, but they also did a video show going in depth on particular characters and arcs. The video show ended a while back, but I think they're still on the website.

I kinda want to hate Fatman on Batman (despite having listened to Smodcast for years and being a fan of Smith in general - despite his obvious love for the character he's way too into the Nolan movies and his knowledge of the comics is fairly narrow beyond that) but he keeps getting great guests. Denny O'Neil was a real treat (I skipped the Adams eps because I don't really like him), Morrison was obviously sublime and entertaining, the recent episode about the guy who did Something Terrible was incredibly moving. Even the eps where he reads an issue out have been fun, I love the ending to Rock of Ages even more thanks to his enthusiasm.

Actually I think a really focused podcast going through landmark characters/runs would be really awesome. If I had any RL friends who knew comics properly I would totally do it myself.

Comics-GAF pod is what you're saying, right? Right? 'Cause that's what I'm sayin'.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Guys, please start something like this :D
ComicGAF is always the best GAF and it would be exciting to hear some great talk about classic arcs and storylines.

Filthy Slug

I'm fucking down for to pod with whoever wants to. Shit would be hilarious and maybe we can hear all about what goes on in Messi's head.

Parch

I want to go into hibernation until Low #1 comes out.
Remender+ tochini = gods among men.
Low sounds interesting. It warms my heart to see innovative sci-fi making an impact in comics.

That list of Image Solicitations is impressive for the variety and creativity. Image is really hitting it out of the park lately.

Parch

ComicGAF is always the best GAF and it would be exciting to hear some great talk about classic arcs and storylines.
I'd be lost without fan recommendations, especially the older stuff. With decades of comics it's absolute gold to cherry pick the good stories and classic arcs. The knowledge of comic fans is invaluable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom