• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Dc Solicits are out

I know you have all been waiting just like me.

HARLEY_Cv8.jpg

HQ_INVADES_CCI_SAN_DIEGO.jpg

CTW_Cv33.jpg

Harley invades Comicon art is going to be by Amanda Conner squeeeeee

Vibranium

Banned
Good on you all for enjoying this run then. I'm going pretend this current Punisher is a LMD deployed by SHIELD and the real one is still stuck in the underwater prison at the end of Rucka's War Zone. Atleast this way I can reconcile the massive character assassination that has happened in both this new run and Thunderbolts.

I bet this is going to be revealed in Original Sin. I wish. :-(

I really don't see how it's a character assassination. All Edmondson is doing is making Frank open up a little more, and willing to socialize so he can gain support/intel. The way I see it, after all the shit went down in New York and Thunderbolts, he's trying to kick off a "new start" in Los Angeles. He's still driven to his mission and willing to bring down crime wherever he goes.

Rucka's run was awesome, and Edmondson's is awesome, period. You might be interested to know that Rachel Cole-Alves (from the previous run) will be returning at some point, so maybe we will get a look at why Punisher is a little more sociable these days.

SoilBreak

Banned
22soBjB.jpg

GRAYSON #1
Written by TIM SEELEY
Art by MIKEL JANIN
Cover by ANDREW ROBINSON
BATMAN 75 variant cover
Blank variant cover
1:100 Variant cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
On sale JULY 2 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with four covers. Please see the order form for more information.
Dick Grayson. Former sidekick. Former Super Hero. Former dead man. And now...agent of Spyral?!
A thrilling new chapter of Dick Grayson’s life begins in this new, ongoing series. It’s a super-spy thriller that will shock you and prove one thing: You might think you know Nightwing – but you don’t know Dick

HA

Messi

Amanda Conner is writing a lot of Harley for July. She is doing the Harley series, Harley goes to comic con and harleys part in secret origins.

That is the first piece of Romita Superman art I haven't hated.

arkon

I normally follow creators over characters but the Legion is one of my few weak spots. I'd love to see a top creator put on it and them give it a really strong push.

WAT

ROBIN RISES: OMEGA #1
Written by PETER J. TOMASI
Art by ANDY KUBERT and JONATHAN GLAPION
Cover by ANDY KUBERT
1:50 Variant cover by CLIFF CHIANG
One-shot • On sale JULY 16 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T

The hunt for Robin is over, and the battle joined! But Batman’s family feud with Ra’s al Ghul is about to erupt into something bigger when it’s interrupted by the forces of Apokolips! This epic story continues in this month’s BATMAN AND ROBIN #33!

Ra's? New Gods? Damian? SOLD!

damn DC is damned if they do, damned if they don't in regards to Damian if this thread is anything to go by

and lol @ Dick's chin on that cover

what'd babs ever do aside from getting shot

also they're really trying this again huh
STAR-SPANGLED WAR STORIES FEATURING G.I. ZOMBIE #1
Written by JUSTIN GRAY and JIMMY PALMIOTTI
Art by SCOTT HAMPTON
Cover by HOWARD PORTER
1:25 Variant cover by DARWYN COOKE
On sale JULY 23 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
Meet the soldier they call “G.I. ZOMBIE,” a man who is neither dead nor alive, who fights for his country again…and again…and again!

Huh, these sound pretty neat though
BODIES #1
Written by SI SPENCER
Art by DEAN ORMSTON, MEGHAN HETRICK, PHIL WINSLADE and TULA LOTAY
Cover by FIONA STEPHENSON
On sale JULY 30 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 8, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS
VERTIGO brings you the miniseries of the summer, with four detectives, four time periods, and four dead bodies – all set in London. Edmond Hillinghead is an 1890s overachiever who’s trying to solve a murder no one cares about while hiding his own secret. Karl Whiteman is our dashing 1940s adventurer with a shocking past. Shahara Hasan is 2014’s kickass female Detective Sergeant, who walks the line between religion and power. And Maplewood, an amnesiac from post-apocalyptic 2050, brings a haunting perspective to it all. Si Spencer (HELLBLAZER: CITY OF DEMONS, THE VINYL UNDERGROUND) executes a centuries-spanning murder mystery like nothing you’ve ever seen before, with four sensational artists illustrating a six-page chapter in each issue: Dean Ormston, Phil Winslade, Meghan Hetrick and Tula Lotay.
VERTIGO QUARTERLY: MAGENTA #1
Written by PETER MILLIGAN, FABIO MOON, RIAN HUGHES, ANNIE MOK, RACHEL DEERING, JODY HOUSER, CARLA BERROCAL and others
Art by NATHAN FOX, FABIO MOON, RIAN HUGHES, MATTEO SCALERO, CARLA BERROCAL and others
Design cover
On sale JULY 30 • 80 pg, FC, $7.99 US • MATURE READERS
The summer issue of the Vertigo Quarterly is here! It’s MAGENTA, the hot pink sky in your sweltering summer, bringing together comics’ most talented writers and artists – both established and new – for an anthology only VERTIGO could deliver.

More than Stephanie ever did.
as batgirl though? Nah man. What stories even are there aside from BG Year One? I legit dunno! Oracle was cool though, any character with Suicide Squad ties is cool with me

Owzers

Superior Spidey #31: I think this is it for me, though i pre-ordered the first two issues of Amazing already so i will try them,
oops i hit the brain jammer, sorry. And the non-powered random faced Osborn got away, was the other Spidey hanging out? Everyone go your separate ways it's cool. And that MJ epilogue, come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn hammin' it up. We gotta make our own responsibilities!
I've lasted this long since my issues never had a problem selling on ebay and i wanted to see what whacky stuff Slott was pulling off, but ham. Ham.

Toa TAK

Banned
Superior Spidey #31: I think this is it for me, though i pre-ordered the first two issues of Amazing already so i will try them,
oops i hit the brain jammer, sorry. And the non-powered random faced Osborn got away, was the other Spidey hanging out? Everyone go your separate ways it's cool. And that MJ epilogue, come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn hammin' it up. We gotta make our own responsibilities!
I've lasted this long since my issues never had a problem selling on ebay and i wanted to see what whacky stuff Slott was pulling off, but ham. Ham.

As a SUPERIOR fan, that issue was honestly the first time I've felt any sort of disappointment or felt let down in any sort of capacity. And it's mainly how the end of it is pulled off.

Everything from Norman's new face onward is poor, (minus everything that involves Spidey saving both him and Anna Maria).

Still wanted Ock to fight him. Even if he were to lose, only for Peter to take him out that would've been cool.

Oh well. A comic shop has recently opened around my area, I think I'll go pick up Amazing #1 and set my foot in a comic book store for the first time in my life.

Do you all get super excited for new comics day? Like you would for a game or movie? I get really excited on Tuesdays knowing that I'm off tomorrow from work and I get to go get comics.

Do you all get super excited for new comics day? Like you would for a game or movie? I get really excited on Tuesdays knowing that I'm off tomorrow from work and I get to go get comics.

Bro you don't even know. I live 45 minutes away from my comic shop. My roommate has appointments in that City on Wednesdays at like 2 pm and doesn't get home til like 6, but he picks up the comics on his way home. So I am bouncing off the damn walls. Some weeks he doesn't go, though, and I about lose my shit. That means we have to go in and get them Thursday. It's the worst.

If there are exciting comics coming out then yeah. for example, this week, i am not super excited

Toa TAK

Banned
Yes, but that's probably because I'm subscribed to so few comics. Every one I get I'm super excited to read for.

Messi

Bro you don't even know. I live 45 minutes away from my comic shop. My roommate has appointments in that City on Wednesdays at like 2 pm and doesn't get home til like 6, but he picks up the comics on his way home. So I am bouncing off the damn walls. Some weeks he doesn't go, though, and I about lose my shit. That means we have to go in and get them Thursday. It's the worst.

Commute to my store takes me around an hour each way. Still don't mind doing it weekly on the bus.

Unai

My wishlist at InStockTrades is getting bigger by the day.

Am I the only one here who likes the Justice League Dark a lot?

Commute to my store takes me around an hour each way. Still don't mind doing it weekly on the bus.

Amateurs. My comics book shop is in another country :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom