• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I think I'm getting a Zenoscope book this week in honor of Jedeye. Someone recommend something real bad

Get the one with the most nipples in it.

My wife fuckin loves those fairy tale books. Mucho ribbing in our house

That's all I said too, and that the people who do that are just as annoying as the people who defend every action of a company. Hey, got to argue though right?

Jaysis I'd get more sense out of a brick wall. Keep on keeping on with your persecution complex.

Haha. No. Its more poking fun at a certain subset of older comic readers who've got jaded on Superheroes and went indie darling. They tend to be very vocal in their support of Image/Indie and derisive at Superheroes.

I still love my super heroes, but buying them is a whole different beast, if I were to buy one X-Men book, I feel compelled to buy them all and usually end up doing that and it's not cheap, so I just follow everything through spoilers. I'll grab The Punisher or Black Widow, stuff that is pretty separate when I'm in the mood.

I still love my super heroes, but buying them is a whole different beast, if I were to buy one X-Men book, I feel compelled to buy them all and usually end up doing that and it's not cheap, so I just follow everything through spoilers. I'll grab The Punisher or Black Widow, stuff that is pretty separate when I'm in the mood.

No need to worry bro, ain't no one judgin'. You're living in the perfect age to enjoy solo and indie books. It's really never been better. Don't ever feel compelled to justify what you get, ever, unless it's for fun or you wanna fight someone like Messi for being a man hater.

Mindwipe

This Comixology UK site is the worst. Not so much the price rises, though that sucks, but the actual site is a mess. Half the links don't go where they're supposed to, references to US$ are all over the place... It's amateurish.

CalhounBurns

Neo Member
Anyone ever had a problem redeeming a Marvel digi copy? Only just remembered when I tried to redeem Daredevil #1 it gave me an error message saying it had already been redeemed. I sent an to the address in the FAQ but haven't heard anything back.

I'm definitely picking up more DC books these days. I'm on board for Eternal and also picked up Secret Origins and JLU.

That Final Crisis New Edition collection is INSANELY priced. Biggest value on the internet. Flipping through it I was like "I need to read more DC."

tim1138

I'm definitely picking up more DC books these days. I'm on board for Eternal and also picked up Secret Origins and JLU.

That Final Crisis New Edition collection is INSANELY priced. Biggest value on the internet. Flipping through it I was like "I need to read more DC."

What is new in it? Is it just a new tpb with the extra pages from the Absolute edition?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Much like the Inuits and their words for snow, the UK is superior when it comes to biscuits because we have words. Americans get it all confused calling everything cookies, and then their biscuits are pretty much like Rusks or scones or shortbread or something, it's all wrong.

Cookies are different from biscuits. Although to be fair the distinction between soft and hard needs to have a new word.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Started Earth X last night and got through about 5 of them. I was originally super turned off by it but by issue 5, I'm really getting in to it.

Jaysis I'd get more sense out of a brick wall. Keep on keeping on with your persecution complex.

high-horse.jpg

Ordered Thor: God of Thunder Vol. 1, Hawkguy Vol 2, and Days of Future Past.

I'm excited. Almost ordered the new Marvel Now Deadpool book by Posehn and Moore but didn't know if it was quality or not. Anybody read it? Is it good?

Hagi

That's silly you don't need a ladder just get the horse to sit down!

Anyone know why Volume 2 of Red Lanterns isn't on Comixology? Was thinking about broadening my DC horizons starting with the angry bunch.

Sniv and GrandHarrier should do a podcast together. Just two argumentative jerks on a podcast that never ends, because they're never wrong and always need to get the last word.

Unai

That's silly you don't need a ladder just get the horse to sit down!

Anyone know why Volume 2 of Red Lanterns isn't on Comixology? Was thinking about broadening my DC horizons starting with the angry bunch.

There a lot of Volumes 2 missing, for some odd reason.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Sniv and GrandHarrier should do a podcast together. Just two argumentative jerks on a podcast that never ends, because they're never wrong and always need to get the last word.

middle27.jpg

edit: waaaaaaaaaaiit a second:

Honest question: What books do you pull from DC, and why?

Because outside Aaron Kuder drawing Superman, Batman '66, and Multiversity, I find nothing interesting about their current line-up of titles whatsoever. I look at their solicitations and this giant cloud of apathy swells over my head.

Shin, get him! He said all DC books were shit, I stand corrected.

How do you KNOW ViewtifulJC, have you read them all to give your full and honest judgement??!

You won't know till you try, brah. That's not the sort of attitude I expected from you.
I feel confident brah. But I feel inferior next to Cheska's figure collection and ai dont want to admit how much monies I spend on comics.

Sam Humphries is writing a StarLord ongoing....

Oh I don't know if that is the case. We'd probably get along quite nicely and just gush about how much we love things.

Hagi

Original Sin 0 was interesting I guess, I've never really read anything about the watcher. First time I've experienced the new Nova as well and I hope Richard is back by the end of this event. :/

Knowing that Cap is going to find out about all the illuminati fuckery is getting me interested in New Avengers again, hopefully it's resolved in an interesting fashion. Also old Fury!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom