• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
You know you guys talk abut Catwoman more than I do lol

To be fair, this is just an ongoing intervention, so it makes sense that you'd speak less on the destructive substance than everybody else would.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Is it an intervention if I don't see it as a problem so much?

Yeah, dude. You're the emaciated, shady, twitchy dude in the hoody eyeballing the exits, looking for your next Catwoman score.

Be nice to me Messi for at least a week. 7-26 peeling little things off and typing out codes.

BmHB-IHIYAEndLO.jpg

Messi

Be nice to me Messi for at least a week. 7-26 peeling little things off and typing out codes.

BmHB-IHIYAEndLO.jpg

You are gonna make me feel bad. I am always nice to you :(. When I'm being mean its in jest. Unless its to Grandharrier and then I am dead serious. Fuck that guy.

Although seriously than you. That was awesome of you to give me those. I'll keep you in mind if I come across anything you might like. Knowing you though you will likely have bought it. Lol.

MartyStu

Man, I love me so Captain Marvel. I wish there was a decent ongoing for her.

After pushing her so much Marvel has done a shit job with quality control.

In other news, I'm super excited for ASM 2. I liked the first one and have my tickets to see it next Thusday at 8 PM. Anyone else excited?

Boogiepop

Well, I ordered my giant stack of TMNT. All the trades for the ongoing (including the miniseries stuff) and the first 4 Classic Collections. Here's hoping I love it as much as I'm expecting.

Also, Mario Golf getting the cheap preorder price and Amazon raising their free shipping requirement prompted me to finally place my catching up order for Mega Man, aka trades 6 and 7 plus the three Worlds Collide (been waiting for the third one to come out so I could catch back up because I want to read Mega Man in order, even if it probably doesn't matter.) Also, Sonic trades seem to be slipping, which is lame. The next Sonic Saga was already delayed at least once to not come out till May, and now the next Sonic Universe slipped from May into June. Bleh.

Filthy Slug

Messi, if you pull either Iron Fist, Nightcrawler, or the upcoming Cyclops, I'll take those codes.

Iron Fist was fucking great. If I still had my code I'd make you use it and read it and ingest it.

Iron Fist was fucking great. If I still had my code I'd make you use it and read it and ingest it.

I bought the first issue. Liked it. Have to keep pull under. 35 for myself cause my wife pulls books also and were close to 50. I dropped books and looked at my list and like everything on it. I'm excited about my books every week. Unfortunately Iron Fist didn't make it.

Messi

I bought the first issue. Liked it. Have to keep pull under. 35 for myself cause my wife pulls books also and were close to 50. I dropped books and looked at my list and like everything on it. I'm excited about my books every week. Unfortunately Iron Fist didn't make it.

I already redeemed the first iron fist on my iPad and if I picked up the other two I'd have way too many X-Men books. Amazing X-Men is enough Nightcrawler for me and Cyclops is a dickhead.

So I've been on and off the phone with FedEx for the past hour. They delivered my $200 IST package to someone else ;_;

That blows. Just remember to blame the carrier. It's probably not IST's fault. Shit, I've had my IST packages misrouted to the wrong side of the country several times.

Filthy Slug

Woah, Elektra #1. Got damn, I'm floored.

This week has been immense, and I've only read Zero, Elektra, and Justice League Unites so far.

Cheska

Fuck sake. How does that even happen. All your books :(

I read your tweets too. That is the eff-ing worst. I'd be livid at this point, personally.

That blows. Just remember to blame the carrier. It's probably not IST's fault. Shit, I've had my IST packages misrouted to the wrong side of the country several times.

FedEx driver was supposed to stop by after his route, and he never did. They're continuing to give me the run around :( Emailed IST to give them a heads up, but I hope the fact that it was signed by someone means they can track it down..

I just read Daytripper and got damn that was a beautiful book. One of the most thought provoking graphic novels you will ever read. I will now probably loan this book to a bunch of people who don't even read graphic novels and I know they will enjoy it. It's that good.

zeeaykay

I just read Daytripper and got damn that was a beautiful book. One of the most thought provoking graphic novels you will ever read. I will now probably loan this book to a bunch of people who don't even read graphic novels and I know they will enjoy it. It's that good.

Yep. Daytripper, Blankets, and Watchmen was the 1-2-3 punch that hooked me on comics for good. I've leant Daytripper out to a few non-comic reading friends and they were floored.

I don't know why Daytripper doesn't get more recognition, I rarely see people recommend it -- or at least not as much as they should.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Looks like this was my gem from March '84.

I'm pretty sure I owned this too.

Rafa, Larry Hama drew this issue. (G.I. Joe #21)

So has anyone read those old school 50s Adam Strange comics? I'm kinda interested in picking up an Archive from IST, but i dunno. i haven't read much in the way of 50s comics tbh

phoenixyz

5. To make things a bit easier on me when it comes to making the OP, I'm establishing a deadline for casting ballots of 6pm Eastern Standard Time on the last day of the month. You can cast your ballot at any time during the month that you wish; however once that deadline has passed, any ballots sent to me will be ignored.
This month the last day is a wednesday. Will there be an extension of the deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom