• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could argue with you guys about the paper quality but being in Switzerland makes it too expensive to even consider buying everything in print.

Messi

So was Batgirl Year One everything you wanted it to be?

I read 1-3 last night and I really dig it so far. The art is truly wonderful, especially Batgirl.

I love these covers

478832-batgirl__year_one___2___page_1_super.jpg

batgirl-year-one.jpg

Messi

#TeamBarbara #FuckOuttaHereCass #StephanieWho?

I really feel for that.

I'm on that train. Fuck all other Batgirl pretenders.

It's easier to read on digital and faster but there is something about reading a floppy that I love. But the iPad makes all the colors pop.

I'm on that train. Fuck all other Batgirl pretenders.

It's easier to read on digital and faster but there is something about reading a floppy that I love. But the iPad makes all the colors pop.

im so used to guided view, no ads, and pristine quality through my ipad retina (especially hd versions) its weird for me to go back to floppies. Plus guided view allows more suspense (no cheat looking at future panels) and a better examination of each panel

Yep. Amazon ruined Comixology. Can't buy books through the app anymore, it seems. Have to buy them on their site, just like with Kindle books.

Fuck.

Edit: http://support.comixology.com/custo...19530-what-s-changed-with-comics-version-3-6-
Can I buy comics inside of the iOS app?
No, but you can search for and buy an even greater selection of comics and graphic novels via comixology.com. Once purchased, you’ll be able to sync your comic or graphic novel to your iOS device from the Purchases tab.

Can I have Series or Sale Alerts inside of the iOS app?
No, but you can sign up for our email newsletter that will give you a heads up about great sales as well as subscribing to your favorite books on comiXology.com. When you subscribe to a comic series, we add the latest book in that series to your account the day of release and it will be ready for download inside of your app.

How do I create a FREE comiXology account?
Head on over to comiXology.com/register and get moving! Awesome comics await.

How can I download my comics and graphic novels in the iOS app?
To download and get reading, sign into the Comics app and tap on In Cloud tab. You’ll find your entire comiXology library of books ready for download. Downloaded books will appear in the On Device tab for reading.

I really feel for that.

It isn't that much of an issue for collected editions but single... issues are out of the question. Not that I mind that much, honestly. Having them on my iPad and not having to worry about space or damaging them makes me look over the fact that I don't really own them...

and just as I say this, comixology releases a new app? Wtf.

Owzers

It's inconvenient, but paying Apple a fee for every issue sold can't be attractive. I think this would go over a lot better if in the "what's new" support thing it says " and the people who make the comics get payed more and there will be more sales!"

This would/will/would be a good thing if it was a good thing.

Also, Amazon!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's inconvenient, but paying Apple a fee for every issue sold can't be attractive. I think this would go over a lot better if in the "what's new" support thing it says " and the people who make the comics get payed more and there will be more sales!"

I think it would go over a lot better if they had waited until after they acquire Dark Horse ;p

If this brings Dark Horse to ComiXology... I might be ok with it.

I understand why they did it but it's pretty inconvenient, especially because of the lack of alerts. Oh well.

Minor inconvenience or not, it's not a great sign when the big fish that just ate the little fish immediately expresses more interest in preserving profits than improving the customer experience.

Look at all dat Fables. I think I'm going to be doing the same soon, I played all three current episodes of The Wolf Among Us last Sunday and now I'm hooked.

I can't ever go back to floppies for single issues. They just don't look nice on a shelf and I hate longboxes.

Does this mean people in states where Amazon collects sales tax are gonna start paying tax, too, or does Amazon not collect tax for digital purchases?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Does anyone else get a bit demoralized when reading actual books after reading a lot of comic books? I've always been a slow reader (which is one of the reasons I like comics so much. I can actually get through them at a reasonable pace), but reading a book after having read pretty much only comics for a month or so makes me feel like I'm reading soooo sloooowly.

So, now that I've upgraded my Fables collection what should I do with these Fables Tpb's, should I do a giveaway soon? ;)

Yes. Yes you should. I've been intrigued by Fables, but very intimidated by how many issues/TPBs there already are.

Or you should sell them and buy yourself more nice hardcovers. Nobody would blame you one bit.

Dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but Dark Horse's Digital Site is having a pretty massive sale right now. Thinking about picking up Empowered since I've heard good things.

Sucks about Comixology. I did a lot of impulse buys because of how convenient it was to just buy things on there.

Dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but Dark Horse's Digital Site is having a pretty massive sale right now. Thinking about picking up Empowered since I've heard good things.

Sucks about Comixology. I did a lot of impulse buys because of how convenient it was to just buy things on there.

I think Amazon vastly underestimates the power of the impulse buy in the comixology app. I'm certain I'll be spending less this way. Shit, my wife is over the fucking moon with this news and what it means for my comics spending.

frye

So has anyone read those old school 50s Adam Strange comics? I'm kinda interested in picking up an Archive from IST, but i dunno. i haven't read much in the way of 50s comics tbh

yeah. It's Carmine Infantino so that's dope. The Adam Strange stories are really only one story (Adam gets transported to Rann, there is a Problem, Adam fixes it, he gets zapped back to Earth before he and Alanna can make out or whatever, and it ends with him looking longingly at the sky waiting for the next Zeta beam) Long distance relationship comix! I like 'em though.

Hagi

So updated the Comixology app only to see they have removed Google payments and reverted the prices back to dollars.....

What a weekend, Marvel Unlimited finally fixes some of what needed to be fixed and Comixology takes one step forward then ten steps back. What I'd give to have a local comic book store!

I dont know why Marvel is classifying all Original Sin tie ins and point ones. They've usually announced the ending ow to previous events to USA Today. And with DCBS, they lose my sales when I have no clue what the book is about. I'm interested in reading these duture retcons but Im not foing to play russian roulette and end up with a Deadpool or Uatu Jackson tie in....

Isak_Borg

So updated the Comixology app only to see they have removed Google payments and reverted the prices back to dollars.....

What a weekend, Marvel Unlimited finally fixes some of what needed to be fixed and Comixology takes one step forward then ten steps back. What I'd give to have a local comic book store!

Figured there would be a backlash and I'm sorry you guys aren't happy with the update.

But I think it was kind of necessary and I wouldn't blame amazon but some other company that starts with A.

Figured there would be a backlash and I'm sorry you guys aren't happy with the update.

But I think it was kind of necessary and I wouldn't blame amazon but some other company that starts with A.

It's always been clear that comixology undervalues the role apple plays in your sales numbers, so that isn't really surprising.

Isak_Borg

It's always been clear that comixology undervalues the role apple plays in your sales numbers, so that isn't really surprising.

Really,like fucking really?

We are the top grossing app on the app store every year.you have NP clue what the day to day is like and the shit we have to deal with.

I know it sucks but seriously in the long run this is a good move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom