• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isak_Borg

I hate Comics Alliance, they talk constant shite and aren't objective about anything.

Comics Alliance used to be one of the best sites on the net but with Laura Hudson's departure it's really gone downhill.

But... Chris Sims is probably one of the best writers/critics in the comic book industry and from everything i've heard about the guy a straight up nice guy too.

Isak_Borg

David Brothers is one of the best writers out there. You are wrong.

I think a lot of people dislike the site because it usually doesn't feed into the fanboy culture that CBR & Newsarama feed into. I will admit quality on the site has gone down since the departure of Laura Hudson but it's generally considered one of the better comic sites on the internet.

CHRIS SIMS FOREVER!

ReAxion

"Yo DC, stop chasing Marvel movies. But please turn Paradise Island into Asgard because I don't know, reasons. Also, I hate Wonder Woman, so let me tell you how to do Wonder Woman right."

He basically said make Pixar movies and gave a goal for the character. Pretty much standard story construction, which is sad DC needs to be told that, or that they're giving off that idea, really.

Soule is writting Death of Wolverine.
http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/04/25/death-wolverine-marvel-exclusive/ ->1 month weekly series illustrated by McNiven.

Bye bye Cornell.

I suppose impending announcements from C2E2 will further clarify this, but it sure sounds like Death of Wolverine was originally going to happen in the Wolverine ongoing. Perhaps a response to underwhelming sales of the latest relaunch? (Which shouldn't be surprising, given that relaunching a book only a year later with the same writer already had a rank air of desperation about it.)

I suppose impending announcements from C2E2 will further clarify this, but it sure sounds like Death of Wolverine was originally going to happen in the Wolverine ongoing. Perhaps a response to underwhelming sales of the latest relaunch? (Which shouldn't be surprising, given that relaunching a book only a year later with the same writer already had a rank air of desperation about it.)
What are they going to do with all those unsold numbers ones now that they cant exchange theM? Why no Inhuman in July? Lol

Owzers

50% off storewide sitewide worldwide Trailblazers are totally losing to the Rockets tonight wide Dark Horse Comics sale this weekend.

I know everyone hates Killjoys but for $5 for the 6 issues i'm giving in, i am prepared to come back here and complain. Was that Buzzkill series the one you guys talk about as being good? Anything else outside of the usual things people like (hellboy/bprd/mind mgmt)?

If no one read Black Beetle, that's $4 for the series.

I think a lot of people dislike the site because it usually doesn't feed into the fanboy culture that CBR & Newsarama feed into. I will admit quality on the site has gone down since the departure of Laura Hudson but it's generally considered one of the better comic sites on the internet.

CHRIS SIMS FOREVER!

That makes a lot of sense. Although I'm still surprised that people genuinely dislike it. It seems they put more thought into their articles than most of the comic fansites.

wtf @ the CA hate

they're like the only good mainstream comics website
tumblr_n4ch8vAXiR1sm6mbpo3_500.jpg
if this is a new printing cover i need several copies

What are they going to do with all those unsold numbers ones now that they cant exchange theM? Why no Inhuman in July? Lol

I would guess that the offer will just transfer over to a Death of Wolverine variant, if the mini is indeed replacing Wolverine #12 (as seems likely).

Inhuman is still solicited for July, but it's just classified. So probably an Original Sin tie-in.

Messi

50% off storewide sitewide worldwide Trailblazers are totally losing to the Rockets tonight wide Dark Horse Comics sale this weekend.

I know everyone hates Killjoys but for $5 for the 6 issues i'm giving in, i am prepared to come back here and complain. Was that Buzzkill series the one you guys talk about as being good? Anything else outside of the usual things people like (hellboy/bprd/mind mgmt)?

howard.gif

dwight-howard-blowing-kisses-to-lakers-fans.gif

not EVERYONE! At the very least it has some top-tier art

It's saddens me to say but Soule will save us from Cornell's absolutely awful Wolverine run.

They took Stegman away from Spidey for this garbage

Isak_Borg

bruh who used to write it works in publishing now

most of the good comics writers moved on, it's a shame

Comic writers tend to stop writing about comics because most fans want their egos stroked and it turns into a general circle jerk of everyone liking the same shit. If you dare to have an opinion that they disagree with they'll flame the fuck out of you and sometimes threaten to "rape you".

Comic writers tend to stop writing about comics because most fans want their egos stroked and it turns into a general circle jerk of everyone liking the same shit. If you dare to have an opinion that they disagree with they'll flame the fuck out of you and sometimes threaten to "rape you".
yuuuuuuuuup. most of the ones i used to follow just got disillusioned and fell out of it and got different jobs in the industry

Onemic

What is it with early 80's Uncanny Xmen and Claremont trying really hard to to hook up Colossus with young as hell Kitty? dat statutory rape.

I've been lurking these threads for a while and only posted 1-2 times but I thought I'd just post real quick to subscribe and say that Superior Foes of Spider-Man is pretty hilarious.

Messi

Is anyone else reading The Saviors? Image is on a roll!

Best company releasing books right now. Come at me.

You gotta respect the paper quality and the quality of the art/stories they are putting out. A credit to the medium. Really shames marvel and dc on the paper front.

You gotta respect the paper quality and the quality of the art/stories they are putting out. A credit to the medium. Really shames marvel and dc on the paper front.
Boom, IDW and Daek Horse are the gods of paper quality. I lose all respect for Marvel when they use Great Value book paper. Axel Alonso couldn't even tlk imself into wiping his ass with it.

I find their paper quality to be very hit or miss. The covers for stuff like Deadly Class feel like they are just waiting to absorb any and all moisture.

fauxtrot

Banned

If I had to order the main publishers at the moment (in terms of currently running series):

1. Image
2. Dark Horse
3. Marvel
4. DC
5. IDW
6. Boom!

Image is certainly king, at the moment. Dark Horse is lucky to be putting out my favorite series (Hellboy/BPRD/etc), otherwise they'd be lower. Marvel has Daredevil, Uncanny Averngers, Hawkeye, and a few more that I'm interested in. DC has Vertigo, otherwise it'd be in last place. IDW and Boom! have a few series I read every once in a while (like Adventure Time, Lumberjanes, TMNT) , but I'd be able to get along without them just fine. Others like Valiant and Zenescope, I don't think I've ever read anything from.

I've been lurking these threads for a while and only posted 1-2 times but I thought I'd just post real quick to subscribe and say that Superior Foes of Spider-Man is pretty hilarious.
I pimp this book to everyone I talk to. It's so great.

Little annoyed by the filler issues, but the regular issues have been consistently good so I can tolerate them.

Finished reading through Rat Queens and I really loved it. Definitely gonna order the trade when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom