• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogiepop

I read 1-3 last night and I really dig it so far. The art is truly wonderful, especially Batgirl.

I love these covers

Batgirl Year One is awesome. Though I'd personally recommend reading the also cool Robin Year One first since Batgirl is a sequel, IIRC.

Messi

Figured there would be a backlash and I'm sorry you guys aren't happy with the update.

But I think it was kind of necessary and I wouldn't blame amazon but some other company that starts with A.

I spent way too much time trying to figure out what the other A company was Looool. Bad books frying my brain.

Figured there would be a backlash and I'm sorry you guys aren't happy with the update.

Hey Eric, I tweeted @ Comixology, but I just thought I'd restate here as well, for you that the Android update has rendered the app nonfunctional on my Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.2 installed. Clicking the app icon launches Google Play. Clicking open there does nothing. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling after the update, same issues.

Really,like fucking really?

We are the top grossing app on the app store every year.you have NP clue what the day to day is like and the shit we have to deal with.

I know it sucks but seriously in the long run this is a good move.

Really. Fucking really. Impulse buys are, I believe, a vital part of the comixology experience...but I guess we'll see what happens, won't we?

I am not apple's biggest fan at all but reacting to the backlash by grousing about how it's all apple's fault and then lashing out yourself with this vague bullshit when a customer expresses skepticism isn't bringing me around to your point of view.

Isak_Borg

Hey Eric, I tweeted @ Comixology, but I just thought I'd restate here as well, for you that the Android update has rendered the app nonfunctional on my Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.2 installed. Clicking the app icon launches Google Play. Clicking open there does nothing. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling after the update, same issues.

Tweeting those guys is probably the best.

I'm at home on my couch playing the witcher 2 and saw the android update and was wondering if IOS also went out today. Just as surprised as you guys...

Isak_Borg

Really. Fucking really. Impulse buys are, I believe, a vital part of the comixology experience...but I guess we'll see what happens, won't we?

I am not apple's biggest fan at all but reacting to the backlash by grousing about how it's all apple's fault and then lashing out yourself with this vague bullshit when a customer expresses skepticism isn't bringing me around to your point of view.

Sorry.

Again I don't represent the company.

I actually agree with you that impulse buys are important but this is a necessary change. Also not blaming apple just happy things are changing.

I need to change my username so I won't get fired.

Hagi

But I think it was kind of necessary and I wouldn't blame amazon but some other company that starts with A.

Not sure why i would blame Apple for the app reverting back to dollars instead of pounds or even removing Google payments but being a customer I'm not privy to the inner machinations of the company.

I'm just going to move my purchases to the Marvel and DC apps unless they get changed.

Owzers

I think part of the problem was that the Comixology app storefront was actually good. Also, every time i launched the app to read a book i could see what the new releases were and the sales are in quick and accessible way.

In short, learn from the Pacers.

Wow amazons war against apples cut shows up pretty quickly. I hate I have to migrate all my comics over, but I do like they cleaned up the cloud/collection a bit. Seems silly it needs to be a new app though.

Fortunately I've been buying through the web for a while now. The website has bundles, a recently reduced section, and it was the was to get sex criminals issues when Apple was banning them.

WUT

Original-Sin-Thor-Loki-Tenth-Realm-Updated-e2fed.jpg

I just realized I don't have any Spider-Man comics at all.

Anybody have some TPBs they would recommend? I don't really care about what era they're from as long as the story's alright and the art is good

Anybody have some TPBs they would recommend? I don't really care about what era they're from as long as the story's alright and the art is good

If you got that comixology credit you could get the whole Spider Island story without spending a dime, and that's a lot of fun

dan2026

The hell does Marvel even care about Angela?

I don't think anyone cares about her. She should of stayed being crappy in the Spawnverse.

Not exactly Spider-Man, but the last Scarlet Spider run was really good.

Also Venom. Both of those books were great and easy to get into. Much easier than jumping into Amazing which is like trying to hop into a soap opera that's been on the air with the same basic cast for fifty years.

I'd probably give the slightest edge to Venom but you can't go wrong with those two, and they cross over at some point anyway.

Spider-Man: Blue & The Amazing Spider-Man: Big Time are both on sale in Marvel Digital Comics.

Edit: So is Ultimate Spider-Man Volume One.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom