• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it, the more I actually kinda appreciate that Marvel is taking advantage of this event to integrate Angela into the Marvel universe a bit more, Sentry-style.

Kinda. We'll see how it goes. :p

I just realized I don't have any Spider-Man comics at all.

Anybody have some TPBs they would recommend? I don't really care about what era they're from as long as the story's alright and the art is good

If you have Comixology they have a huge Spider-man collection sale going on with TPB's going for two or four dollars.

ik26CyQZlYYQd.gif

WHERES MY FUCKIN KIBBLES AND BITS

Ephidel

Yep. Amazon ruined Comixology. Can't buy books through the app anymore, it seems. Have to buy them on their site, just like with Kindle books.

Fuck.

Edit: http://support.comixology.com/custo...19530-what-s-changed-with-comics-version-3-6-
Double fuck. I tried to use the app on my nook and it say I had to update it in order to make in app purchases, and when you go to the update it says the update disables google app payments.

I have a google wallet stashed full of googlebucks that I add to monthly so I can afford to buy stuff on comixology sales. I have £37 in there atm because I topped it up on payday and another £25 one I hadn't added to the wallet yet that I was given as a gift by someone who knows I use it a lot, and now in addition to the price increase I gain for living in the UK I'm not going to be able to use the damned money I have set aside for comixology? So what the hell am I meant to spend it on? :(
I mean, I guess I can spend them on freemium shit in some of the free-to-play games I play but I don't want to :|

There really should have been some sort of notice for all of these changes, especially the google payments thing. Like I said earlier I think it's a pretty bad sign.

Can someone get me up to speed?

Why can't purchases be made on the iOS app anymore?

Because Amazon doesn't want Apple to get a 30% cut on every book they sell.

Eric why did you ruin comics

i wanna buy comics with my itunes bux
yeah. It's Carmine Infantino so that's dope. The Adam Strange stories are really only one story (Adam gets transported to Rann, there is a Problem, Adam fixes it, he gets zapped back to Earth before he and Alanna can make out or whatever, and it ends with him looking longingly at the sky waiting for the next Zeta beam) Long distance relationship comix! I like 'em though.
sweeeeet, thanks. it's in the cart.

Man digital sucks sometimes.

There were always going to be teething problems in a big takeover and transition. It's still preferable to long boxes full of floppies and, for me, being able to read comics on the bus without some eejit going "IS THAT A COMIC? THAT'S FOR KIDS! ARE YOU A PEDO?" (this really happened, it was not a pleasant trip).

And you can't buy comics on iOS because Amazon doesn't want to give Apple their 30% cut for in-app purchases.

Marvel had their C2E2 panel and revealed some upcomming Original Sin stories:

Speaking of Loki, Lowe revealed that Angela is Thor and Loki's sister, which will be told in its own mini-series. Original Sin: Thor and Loki: The Tenth Realm #1-5 will be a spin-off mini-series focusing on the reveal, with Jason Aaron, Al Ewing, Simone Bianchi, and Lee Garbet working on that. The series will reveal the "Tenth Realm" that she comes from (adding to the traditional nine realms of the Thor world), and the fact that Odin is Angela's biological father.

Fantastic Four #6-7 will also be Original Sin tie-ins. The "basic premise of the sin," says Robinson, is that Johnny Storm messed up an opportunity to turn The Thing back into Ben Grimm, and Johnny and Reed kept the secret from him. "What I like about this story, is that it will tie-in directly to Ben Grimm becoming a murderer, which plays into the next story.

Original Sins #3 features a story by Charles Soule about Black Bolt and a relatively new character called Lineage, who will then be featured heavily in Inhuman, Lowe teased. Aside from the tie-in series, there will be tie-ins in current ongoing series as well. Spider-Man's secret is that there's a second character who was bit by the spider that gave Peter Parker his powers, and her name is Silk

The S.H.I.E.L.D. series by Hickman and Weaver is coming back, Lowe said, and will have some big secrets of its own - they're just waiting for a few issues to be done before putting it back on the schedule, and it will tie-in to his overall Avengers plan

Marts teased that "Last will and testament" might cause further divisions than the "team Wolverine" vs "Team Cyclops" that happened in Schism, with some members of teams coming to blows over the revelations.

Original Sin will see some shakeups in team dynamics, from Captain America re-learning about the Illuminati to Angela's new involvement with Thor.

Jamie Madrox and Layla Miller will be back in the comics soon. "It's only a matter of time," Lowe promised. White teased, though, "the less we hear about them, the happier they are! Let them be happily married for awhile!

Howard the Duck will be appearing in Original Sins, believe it or not!

http://www.newsarama.com/20954-c2e2-2014-marvel-s-original-sin-panel-live.html

Hagi

So it appears that if you don't have a payment method on the UK Comixology site the app will now default to USD instead of GBP. Slightly annoying but whatever it's an easy fix.

Can't help but wonder if Apple's arbitrary censorship policies were involved in this decision, too. That was obviously an untenable problem.

I'm sure the money was the biggest factor, but wouldn't be surprised if the censorship problem made it easier to pull the trigger.

Isak_Borg

So it appears that if you don't have a payment method on the UK Comixology site the app will now default to USD instead of GBP. Slightly annoying but whatever it's an easy fix.

I'm sure there are folks in the office working on this as we speak.

Isak_Borg

Can't help but wonder if Apple's arbitrary censorship policies were involved in this decision, too. That was obviously an untenable problem.

I'm sure the money was the biggest factor, but wouldn't be surprised if the censorship problem made it easier to pull the trigger.
Maybe, I'm surprised by how many people think it was CMX censoring things and not another company dictating what content they want.

Please leave Jamie and Layla alone. The way their story ended was perfect. Unless PAD is writing it, in which case they can crack on.

The Angela stuff is even more blatant MCU-pushing than the Inhuman mess.

reread the first arc of Harbinger and this shit rules. only real complaint is that Faith doesn't feel like an actual person as much as something that just spouts off nerd references. they were on to something good but they go a bit overboard with them

Just use the browser on your ipad to make the purchase and then load it into the app.
ahhhh, yeah. i don't have one of those things, i bought on my iphone and then read on my Nexus. It's still slower than i'd like but w/e

Ephidel

I like my nook, I like digital comics, and I know I should have bigger problems but I'm seriously fuming and maybe I'm being a whiny sod but I honestly think this is going to drop my purchases to around nil.
Couldn't someone at least have issued some sort of warning that this was going to happen? If so, I would have blown some of that money on the Superior sale that I wasn't really interested in, or bought some full price digital comics or something, just so I felt like I had some value out of it rather than "money" I can't use and a load of bitterness that they've made something I really enjoyed into something that's sort of shit :(

Read the first issue of Batman Beyond 2.0 and just that alone was more interesting and well written than anything Higgins has done with Nightwing. I think I shall continue with this.

Hagi

I like my nook, I like digital comics, and I know I should have bigger problems but I'm seriously fuming and maybe I'm being a whiny sod but I honestly think this is going to drop my purchases to around nil.
Couldn't someone at least have issued some sort of warning that this was going to happen? If so, I would have blown some of that money on the Superior sale that I wasn't really interested in, or bought some full price digital comics or something, just so I felt like I had some value out of it rather than "money" I can't use and a load of bitterness that they've made something I really enjoyed into something that's sort of shit :(

Can you not just use your Google money on the standard Marvel and DC apps? I have no idea if they are tied to the Comix app so sorry if this is a stupid question.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha give this broad her own series already. Joe Quesda you magnificent Mexican bastard. Hahahahha

You know that's already in the pipeline brah just need to break a few eggs before making this omelette.

You could download the Dark Horse app and use them there too, right? Plenty of good reading to be had in DH, though the app isn't as good as comixology
was

Vyer

Yep. Amazon ruined Comixology. Can't buy books through the app anymore, it seems. Have to buy them on their site, just like with Kindle books.

Fuck.

Edit: http://support.comixology.com/custo...19530-what-s-changed-with-comics-version-3-6-

God damn it what a bunch of bullshit. Exactly why I was a little concerned about the Amazon purchase and lo and behold the 'everything will be great' bs was exactly that. I had gone completely digital and have been buying exclusively through Comixology and the iOS app on the whole was a great experience. Completely ruined the app and the whole process. Fuck.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha give this broad her own series already. Joe Quesda you magnificent Mexican bastard. Hahahahha

im kinda curious how theyre gonna handle her declaration as an angel in her first appearance since shes supposedly norse now

God damn it what a bunch of bullshit. Exactly why I was a little concerned about the Amazon purchase and lo and behold the 'everything will be great' bs was exactly that. I had gone completely digital and have been buying exclusively through Comixology and the iOS app on the whole was a great experience. Completely ruined the app and the whole process. Fuck.

Bu-bu-but five dollar credit

Messi

I don't read GOTG so I have no idea who Angela is. Buy I don't like the sound of the reactions here. I don't want her fucking up my Thor books. She can fuck up Loki all she wants.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I don't read GOTG so I have no idea who Angela is. Buy I don't like the sound of the reactions here. I don't want her fucking up my Thor books. She can fuck up Loki all she wants.

shes a spawn character brought over to marvel, and now they need to find a place for her

Tenth realm will be the realm of angels probably.

i wouldnt put it past them.

zeeaykay

I really enjoyed Spiderman: Family Business. Read it in one nice and relaxed sitting, probably took an hour and fifteen. The experience was similar to watching a solid popcorn flick. Smart dialogue and incredible art. Outside of Peters face looking off in a few pannels, it WAS pretty marvelous. The artists did a great job showing Peter in action with good motion and detail.

I want another one!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ah I see. I have never owned an apple device outside an ipod.

Didn't realise they were so shitty.

Shitty as Google, Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo and everybody else with a digital distribution plattform? ;)

Is Spider-Man: Family Business supposed to coming out as a tradepaperback at some point? I am new to this exclusiv OHC thing, its a little bit confusing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom