• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephidel

Can you not just use your Google money on the standard Marvel and DC apps? I have no idea if they are tied to the Comix app so sorry if this is a stupid question.
... possibly. I uninstalled the Marvel one a while ago because I liked having everything in the one comixology app (and the comixology app kind of worked better), but I'll go and see.
You could download the Dark Horse app and use them there too, right? Plenty of good reading to be had in DH, though the app isn't as good as comixology
was
Actually this is a good idea. I never gave the DH app a proper look because it seemed kind of janky and they refused to sell me Kurosagi Corpse Delivery service because of region restrictions.

It's a possibility because I can actually pay :)D) but it looks like their conversion rate is baffling in that things actually cost more pounds than they do dollars (Legenderry #1 is $1.00, which apparently converts to £1.19)

frye

How... How was marvelman not a Marvel character? How didn't someone get sued. Meet my new hero imageman.

Marvelman predates Marvel-as-Marvel (he was a British knockoff of the Fawcett character created after Fawcett was forced to stop publishing Captain Marvel)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
How does it come that nobody can buy comicbooks from the comixology app anymore? I tried it and it let me buy a Issue of Superior Spider-Man.

tim1138

The second wave of the Scribblenauts Unmasked figures are out. I picked up a couple and got Bane and shitty 80s blue costume Aquaman to add to the collection.

IMG_20140426_154133_369.jpg

frye

DC thought he was a clone of Captain Marvel which he basically was, so they sued. There's a really interesting history about the character, you should look it up if you ever have the time.

DC never sued. They didn't own Captain Marvel until way after Marvelman was well-established in Britain and Marvel had created their own Captain Marvel.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I hate that they aged Loki. Kid like and journey into mystery was such an amazingly fun comic. *sigh*. And is Angela the new sentry for marvel? She keeps showing up even though nobody likes her

PsychBat!

Banned
Podcast list:

Cheska
Nudull
Filthy Slug
KoruptData
Rafa=FedKilla
Jedeye Sniv
Rrongfield
PsychBat!
Serpentine
Vibranium
Toa TAK
phazedplasma
ReiGun
Vyer
TetraxShards
ShinJohnpv
BuddyJoeHooker
tim1138

Owzers

I like the little cover art next to the purchase history list area on the left for the new comixology storeless app...so there's that.

Also, the pacers are trying to win this game.

Also also, stop hyping Original Sin as way to sell me extra books instead of it being an actual story worth reading?

And you just know Silk, the broad bitten by the Spider that bit Peter Parker is gonna CHANGE the Marvel U FOREVER. She gonna be bigger than Alpha and Peter's sister from Family Business.

At least, I managed to use the $5 credit on comixology.com. For once, I wasn't forced to use the euro site and its terrible conversion rate, which is the one Apple uses ($1 = 0.89€). For some reason, I have no doubt this rate will remain effective, even with Apple out of the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom