• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, so on the Android app we now have a cart system and can use Paypal? That's pretty sweet actually. And now I'm glad I never bought an ipad instead of an Android tablet.

I hadn't read that post a few pages back about SHIELD finally returning. That's pretty awesome.

Yo!

That shit happens I quit... Unless I get fired for my post here,
Glad to see we're on the same page.
Seriously, the reader/comic format is what I value the most on Comixology (along the cloud service obviously), so that's the one thing that would really annoy me if it were downgraded.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Wow, so on the Android app we now have a cart system and can use Paypal? That's pretty sweet actually. And now I'm glad I never bought an ipad instead of an Android tablet.
I know, today's update is actually great on a Nexus 7...but in iOS land I guess redirecting to site = worthless app.

Hagi

DC never sued. They didn't own Captain Marvel until way after Marvelman was well-established in Britain and Marvel had created their own Captain Marvel.

You're right they sued because it was Captain Marvel who was a clone of Superman which led to the Marvelman. I got my history mixed up.

Can't wait for them to bring back Sentry and rename him Marvel.

Vibranium

Banned
Dammit, stupid Comixology new payments sucks. I wish our Canadian dollar wasn't so shitty, ah well, Eric you're still awesome.

May have to cut down on the pull list somewhat, Amazon will have to deal with that. If only Axel Alonso was smart and realized that $1.99 and 2.99 books would cause people to buy them in droves.

Owzers

Digital services need to offer a discount if you subscribe; the same way that LCS will do so if you have a pull list.

Perhaps... a 30% discount... ? ;)

Yeah, i don't expect 99 cents, but if i'm buying print books through DCBS at 40% off, and Marvel includes digital codes with each book, $4 for a digital book seems ridiculous. I can only assume Marvel's answer to my pricing equivalents would be to take out the digital codes with print copies. " See, now the difference isn't so bad."

Maybe $1.99 and i'd sub to some books that i couldn't wait to be shipped once per month, events and stuff. But i'd still probably pay the $2.39 for Marvel print books at dcbs to get the print and digital copy for the vast majority.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Since when was it ever a debate? She did the super hero equivelant of trying on clothing in the dressing room only to find the shoes were too big to fill.
A lot of people claimed that she was a real Robin. I was suprised as I found out that she was Robin for like 5 issues. Overhyped as fuck.

A lot of people claimed that she was a real Robin. I was suprised as I found out that she was Robin for like 5 issues. Overhyped as fuck.

I ain't even mad. She won't be Robin. Two: She is best as Spoiler. I don't understand this desire to shoehorn her in as mediocre also rans as Robin or Batgirl. She was terrible as both. As Spoiler she has her own identity which she has earned.

Hagi

So I started reading the new Nova on Marvel U and it's not terrible. I noticed in the column in the second issue they mention Rich and him being stuck in the Cancerverse and how they "may" have to revisit. I'd be silly to expect anything to come from that right? Has he been brought up in issue? You'd think with Gamora and Rocket there he would get a mention.

Not sure I like the implications of this Supernova stuff, did the badass black ops nova not hear about the Annihilation wave and how all the Nova's died? Maybe that's why he's an alcoholic.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I ain't even mad. She won't be Robin. Two: She is best as Spoiler. I don't understand this desire to shoehorn her in as mediocre also rans as Robin or Batgirl. She was terrible as both. As Spoiler she has her own identity which she has earned.
We can agree on this, as Spoiler, she was great.

MartyStu

She was awesome in all her roles.

My hope is that if she become part on an established legacy, other writers down the line will find it difficult to remove her.

Until Damien returns. Then she can move on to being Batgirl again. And Barbara can be oracle again. And Tim can lose that ridiculous costume. And Superman can regain his briefs back and... :(

GAMEPROFF

Banned

My hope is that if she become part on an established legacy, other writers down the line will find it difficult to remove her.

Until Damien returns. Then she can move on to being Batgirl again. And Barbara can be oracle again. And Tim can lose that ridiculous costume. And Superman can regain his briefs back and... :(

Final Crisis on New Earth 52 will happen at some point. I am pretty sure on this.

Nope, those can stay in the Old 52.

KidDork

Read a few issues of Dynamite's Battlestar Galactica today because I love Dan Abnett. I wasn't dissapointed.

Read JLU. As a Canadian, I was a bit embarrassed by Lemire's little bits of Canadiana references. They just seemed too expected, too easy. Like someone writing a book set in England who feels compelled to add fog, cups of tea and 'Cor Blimey!'. I had expected something a little more subtle from Lemire.

And are we to assume
Animal Man and Stargirl are in a relationship?
That's the vibe I got.

Please I don't need your logic. Game over man.

I've always bought my comics from the Comixology website, mainly because creators get paid a larger percentage since Apple isn't taking a cut.

What's confusing is that the new app doesn't have a link to the website like the Dark Horse comic app does. Under More Books, Comixology boasts about its vast catalog, but then all I can do is paw at my iPad like a cat trying to get at a mouse in an aquarium.

Hagi

Read a few issues of Dynamite's Battlestar Galactica today because I love Dan Abnett. I wasn't dissapointed.

Read JLU. As a Canadian, I was a bit embarrassed by Lemire's little bits of Canadiana references. They just seemed too expected, too easy. Like someone writing a book set in England who feels compelled to add fog, cups of tea and 'Cor Blimey!'. I had expected something a little more subtle from Lemire.

And are we to assume
Animal Man and Stargirl are in a relationship?
That's the vibe I got.

Ugh I hope not, I really like Ellen.

Kinyou

Not liking that comixology change :/

Also not sure what any of the involved companies would gain from it

In other news did the Marvel unlimited app on android finally get updated. Their guided view isn't quite as good as the one from comixology but it's a huge improvement over what they had before

Blues1990

Long-Story Short: Outside from watching Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (being my first introduction to the character) & the occasional comic book that featured one of the many incarnations of the guy, I had never paid too much attention to Ant-Man.

What essential Ant-Man comic books could you guys recommend, in order for me to get myself up to speed?

KidDork

Ugh I hope not, I really like Ellen.

Yeah, so do I. I bailed on Animal Man during the Rotworld shitfest so I'm not up to date on what Buddy is up to.
His reference to their dinner, the fact that the two of them were together in Toronto for the con, and his look of betrayal at Stargirl calling in help indicated to me they had some sort of history.

I'm glad to hear that I've misread it. Hopefully.

Messi

What character benefited most from Marvel Now and The New 52? Marvel's gotta be Hawkeye right but who is the New 52 one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom