• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Varth

Hi fellow comic gaffers. I don't usually venture this side of gaming forum borders, so please welcome me. I come in peace.

An italian friend of mine is launching a new italian comics publishing line with an indiegogo campaign for an english language sci-fi comic book (both digital and print) miniseries called Rim City. It's quite far into funding, approaching the critical last week of campaign, and whatever awareness can be raised is good.

So, can I interest you guys in checking out the indiegogo page @ www.indiegogo.com/projects/rim-city and leaving feedback? Should you choose to support it, bless your paper and ink soul, remember it's fixed funding, so no success equals money back.

Leaving just some notes on authors and basic info here. Rest is all in the IG page and publisher website www.progettoatomico.it

Rim City is a place unlike any other.
In a far future, as the human race stands on the brink of extinction, Rim City may be the final chance of survival for mankind. When everything seems lost, a fragile hope suddenly presents itself. Something can be done, but the only way to find out if it’s true, is to risk everything humanity has left. An impossible mission awaits Captain Kendra and a handful of soldiers of the Trident Corps. A journey into the unknown that will take them from the depths where they are confined to where no man has gone before.

20150416041824-RIMCITY_COVER_LR.jpg

Alessandro Apreda Born on December 1975 (according to new post-disaster calendar), in Neo-Cosenza, Southern Europe, Alessandro Apreda wrote the sci-fi comic "Ethan?", a short story winner of the Spacewave prize and the essay on Eighties "Per il Potere di Grayskull". When he's not writing his biographies in third person, he manages at weird hours L'Antro Atomico del Dr. Manhattan, questionably the coolest blog in the world.

Daniele Orlandini was born in 1992. He's been reading and drawing comics, since he was a little kid. It's been little more than a hobby until 2011, when he enrolled at the Scuola Internazionale di Comics in Reggio Emilia. Shortly after his recent graduation, in June 2014, he started a collaboration with team Acchiappasogni to illustrate their role-playing games manuals and became the assistant of comic creator Roberto Baldazzini. His work on Atomico's science fiction project RIM CITY will mark his debut as a professional comic artist.

Francesco MATTINA aka MATT with a background in architecture and set design, he worked as a concept artist for cinema before being hired by Marvel Comics as a cover artist on Fantastic Four, Nova, Thunderbolts, WarMachine, Punisher, MoonKnight, Wolverine and more recently for Spider-Man 2099 and Avengers Undercover. He also worked for DC Comics’ Batman Confidential , Redhood , Azrael and The Joker's Asylum.

TY for your attention!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I finally finished the first volume of Batmanga, it's a whole lot of fun. Looking forward to grabbing volume two this summer.

Glad someone else here read it too! I've read about half of it so far and it really is a ton of fun to read.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
tried uncanny avengers #1... wasn't a fan. too serious. not enough superhero. :(

will give Daredevil from Waid a try next. Where is a good recent (last 3-4 years) jumping on point for Spider Man (any of it, sans Ultimate)

Fintan

tried uncanny avengers #1... wasn't a fan. too serious. not enough superhero. :(

will give Daredevil from Waid a try next. Where is a good recent (last 3-4 years) jumping on point for Spider Man (any of it, sans Ultimate)
Either the first Brand New Day issue #546. Or the first Big Time issue #648. Or Superior Spider-Man #1.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Guessing Wolverine will be back after Secret Wars?

Unless he's already back

Not yet, but I'm sure we'll have a Wolverine back after everything is said and done. Whether or not it's the original 616 Wolverine is another story.

Yeah, I remember not liking Uncanny Avengers for the same reason. Kind of droll.

No Ultimate because you've read it or...?

tim1138

Just wait til that GL/GA Absolute edition drops later this year, I'm gonna post so many pictures of giant sized Neal Adams art. It's gonna be glorious.

Zombine

Banned
WHAT BOOKS!?!?!

Zombine Harley still deserves a place on your list :(. Did think I didn't notice the lack of Sunstone on your image list.

They'll get on there don't worry. I'm at work lol
The list is going to look completely different by the weekend.

I picked up Wicked + Divine digitally, and Fade Out.

Zombine

Banned
Dialogue wise? Really?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! This things clunkier than a run down motorcycle.

It definitely does have some issues, but I think it has a lot of charm! The wait for issue 2 was way too long for me though.

I think what I appreciate about the book is that she is "sexy" but is in complete control of it. Men don't sweep her off her feet, she sweeps them off their feet because it's what she wants.

If you want some fun comics check out Hawkeye and Superior Foes of Spider-Man. The recent Scarlet Spider series was good too but the art got kinda shitty at times.

For Spidey, start at Superior or the recent Amazing relaunch. If you want to go further back, Brand New Day is good.

Oh boy. Deadly Class is just too good.

All the world's truth in a single post. I've been intensely recommending it to all my friends. Some became annoyed but immediately apologized to me after reading.

I love the creative paneling in Deadly Class like this bit while Marcus is in a daze:

And there's even way crazier examples in earlier chapters. Craig's so great at using the medium's advantages to control pace and evoke different sensation.

It definitely does have some issues, but I think it has a lot of charm! The wait for issue 2 was way too long for me though.

I think what I appreciate about the book is that she is "sexy" but is in complete control of it. Men don't sweep her off her feet, she sweeps them off their feet because it's what she wants.

Yeah all that conceptual stuff is interesting. Execution-wise though. Yikes.

Hi fellow comic gaffers. I don't usually venture this side of gaming forum borders, so please welcome me. I come in peace.
Looks really cool! If I didn't spend a bunch of money recently I'd probably back it.
All the world's truth in a single post. I've been intensely recommending it to all my friends. Some became annoyed but immediately apologized to me after reading.

I love the creative paneling in Deadly Class like this bit while Marcus is in a daze:

And there's even way crazier examples in earlier chapters. Craig's so great at using the medium's advantages to control pace and evoke different sensation.

Yeah the art and coloring combined with the paneling is wicked. The motorcycle scene in the first issue is what sold me on the series. I saw a lot of people praising it here, and I like Remender, so I gave it a blind buy and I'm so glad I did. My best friend loves it too and we try to spread the good word to people.

Still haven't read this week's issue, but I'm sure it's as good as always.

Zombine

Banned
I want to post my collection, but I would prefer it if people thought I had bizarre shit on my shelves. Like that severed torso from Dead Island and like MLP shit and like a Rick Grimes shrine (which I may or may not actually have). I like to leave things to the imagination.

I want to post my collection, but I would prefer it if people thought I had bizarre shit on my shelves. Like that severed torso from Dead Island and like MLP shit and like a Rick Grimes shrine (which I may or may not actually have). I like to leave things to the imagination.

I think my anime shelf provides a nice contrast to my comic book bookshelf

Top Bottom