• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I just realized that it's appropriately timed with the EU Avengers 2 release.
... I thought it was itentionelly by you :D

Welp. Hard to describe my feeling about Avengers 2. I dont even feel nearly as pumped back then three years ago. But then again I almost knew nothing about the movie, just that all the Marvel heroes now come together and Iron Man is in this and his movies were awesome.
It just feels normal now and Avengers 2 doesnt have those epic shots like the 360 Degree Assemble scene or the suiting up scene or the living comicbook panel, where your inner comicbook nerd wants to move your hand in your underwear.
Also
they cutted away before Cap could finally say "Avengers Assemble.
:(

Anyway. Great movie. It just feelt way to different than the first movie.

And there is no way we will get Hawkdude
:(

dan2026

Just got back from seeing Age of Ultron.

And holy smoke was it awesome!
I can't get over the sheer joy of seeing classic Avengers storytelling done well on the big screen.

Just got back from seeing Age of Ultron.

And holy smoke was it awesome!
I can't get over the sheer joy of seeing classic Avengers storytelling done well on the big screen.

Glad to hear. I'm seeing a 7PM show next Thursday night. My LCS has a theater reserved just for their customers (and it's not a big shop). Only saw a dozen or so people signed up for it so far.

About how long is it?

dan2026

Glad to hear. I'm seeing a 7PM show next Thursday night. My LCS has a theater reserved just for their customers (and it's not a big shop). Only saw a dozen or so people signed up for it so far.

About how long is it?

A couple of hours I think.
It felt a lot longer though. (In a good way)

OfYGY.gif

I hope it's Howard the Duck.

ElNarez

Banned
That's cool, but it's hard to get even remotely excited for something that is 2 years out. I would have held off on the announcement if I were them.

the movie division has announced movies til like, 2019? I guess they have to do it because they're publically traded and investors need to know what they're doing

headshot95

Neo Member
Finished the first deluxe hardcover of Y: The Last Man. Some really good stuff, can't wait to see where the series goes from here. The cliffhanger at the end of the second arc was a good one.

As for comics this week, Deadly Class was amazing and it's nice to have Velvet back, even if it does mean the end of it's second arc.

Calcium

Banned
the movie division has announced movies til like, 2019? I guess they have to do it because they're publically traded and investors need to know what they're doing

Good point.

I really wish somebody other than Telltale would start making Telltale games. I love their stories, but everything else (especially on the technical side of things) leaves a lot to be desired. Grabbed the first episode of the GoT game while it was on sale on X1, and my god, it is hideous.

Ugh, no kidding. I love the Telltale games, but technically they are pretty bad.

Finished the first deluxe hardcover of Y: The Last Man. Some really good stuff, can't wait to see where the series goes from here. The cliffhanger at the end of the second arc was a good one.

It keeps getting better and better. Enjoy it, man.

zennyzz

I really wish somebody other than Telltale would start making Telltale games. I love their stories, but everything else (especially on the technical side of things) leaves a lot to be desired. Grabbed the first episode of the GoT game while it was on sale on X1, and my god, it is hideous.

There's this thing called "Life is Strange" and "Broken Age"

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Fables looked good artistically (and sounded great) but I never got past episode 2 due to the "choices" being horseshit and the stupidity of ending an episode with a
Snow White dies
cliffhanger despite, you know, anybody who even glanced at the first issue of the comic would know that's bullshit.

Just kind of felt like my intelligence was being insulted at points.

Messi

It's really nothing like Nameless at all other than being sci-fi.

Regular hijinks. Chip pitched it as "gay Saga" if that means anything to you.

Also, 200cc Frantic mode Baby Park in Mario Kart 8 is fucking glorious.

Gay Saga is the best pitch ever. I love Chip.

zennyzz

I got Life is Strange the other day and it has me doing one of those I'm liking it too much so i don't want to play it so it can last forever things.

I think my only real gripe with it is that at times it really feels like it's a french game trying to be an american narrative take on highschool dramas of the 80s-90s.

It's really damn good at it, but you kinda still feel that it's not 100% culturally savvy.

Vibranium

Banned
Why can't we have a AAA Marvel game like Batman Arkham? There are tons of good studios out there Marvel could work with. They are leaving money on the table.

Vibranium

Banned
Any RPG sounds good haha!

Anyways, I gotta read the rest of my comics this week. I read the whole Ales Kot Twitter rant saga, I laughed so hard when he started calling people parasites- is he the opposite to Andrew Ryan? Lol.

I'm pretty convinced that he's done at Marvel soon. All of that meta-superhero stuff in Winter Soldier was out there and it seems like he's had enough.

Ahh X-Men Destiny. I Redboxed it but couldn't finish it. There's a cutscene where Colossus bursts through a door except it would never load the Colossus model and then freeze before the scene was over.
Being a dumb X-Men fan I paid full price for that game.

Top Bottom