• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Wait, which one was X-Men Destiny? The X-Men Legends games were fucking amazeballs.
The game made by Silicon Knights. The game that was pitched to be a Mass Effect style game with branching paths and morale choices but ended up being a generic beat-em up. The game that was so bad that the people who worked on it didn't want their names on the credits.

The game made by Silicon Knights. The game that was pitched to be a Mass Effect style game with branching paths and morale choices. The game that ended up being so bad that the people who worked on it didn't want their names on the credits.

Eww. I remember. Didn't that one get recalled as a result of that lawsuit Silicon Knights got hit with?

MattyG

Banned
Just finished the The Manhattan Projects vol 1.

1fd0e5995324b14934395929143b613c.gif

Holy. Shit. That just blew my mind wide open, and it was even better because I had almost no idea what I was getting into before I bought it.
I thought it was only going to focus on Oppenheimer at first, and they they threw in the twist about him actually being the evil twin. That caught me off guard, but then the twists just kept coming. And the balance of the focus between all the character is just perfect. It never felt like one was being favored over the others, they all feel like equal members of an excellent cast. The use of blue and red as a part of the storytelling is brilliant as well.

I love it. Can't wait to read volume 2.

Mudcrab

Holy. Shit. That just blew my mind wide open.
I thought it was only going to focus on Oppenheimer at first, and they they threw in the twist about him actually being the evil twin. That caught me off guard, but then the twists just kept coming. And the balance of the focus between all the character is just perfect. It never felt like one was being favored over the others, they all feel like equal members of an excellent cast. The use of blue and red as a part of the storytelling is brilliant as well.

Hey, you know what? It only gets better.

They were using the Unreal Engine when they weren't suppsose to. I think it was an illegal modded version of it. Epic sued, they lost and had to recall that game and Too Human.

Well, no big loss in either case. Although I thought Too Human had an awesome idea behind it that could have gone somewhere if the game wasn't so repetituos and shitty.

Another awesome idea marred by a crappy game? Advent Rising.

tim1138

Holy. Shit. That just blew my mind wide open, and it was even better because I had almost no idea what I was getting into before I bought it.

Hey, you know what? It only gets better.

Not only does it get better, it gets "oh my fucking god this is amazing" better.

Enjoing Superior Spiderman and Black Widow on Marvel Unlimited, but I wanted to ask: are there any current Doctor Strange runs to read? Only the 1960s comics are listed for the character

PsychBat!

Banned

Prepare for the best ultimate roller coaster of all time.

SoilBreak

Banned
Enjoing Superior Spiderman and Black Widow on Marvel Unlimited, but I wanted to ask: are there any current Doctor Strange runs to read? Only the 1960s comics are listed for the character
Strange only had minis or oneshots for the past 15 years so I would recommend The Oath, The Mystic Hands,Season One, Mark Waid's Strange mini, & New Avengers(2014) Annual.

Just saw a post on tumblr with more than 14,000 notes explaining how Daredevil is actually blind... Is the supersenses thing really that hard to get?

Have we become so jaded that we don't talk about Deadly Class. It's back, I read it. It was fucking amazing. Wes Craig went into God Mode with his action. Those colors. GOAT

New chapter was incredible. Some of my favorite bits of Marcus narration yet. Especially the part about how Maria staying to help him felt worse than his injuries. Naval gazing introspection stops for no grenade splash damage.

And yeah, the colors in this one were stand-out gorgeous.

Although I maintain that Marcus needed to take that out.
SHE TRIED TO KILL YOU BRO

Comic book powers take about a college thesis or two to talk about. Everything has to make sense in comic books.

That's why it would be better to abandon the pseudoscientific pretense altogether, frankly. Just make all superheroes low-level reality warpers. That's how it works in the thing I'm writing.

Any RPG sounds good haha!

Anyways, I gotta read the rest of my comics this week. I read the whole Ales Kot Twitter rant saga, I laughed so hard when he started calling people parasites- is he the opposite to Andrew Ryan? Lol.

I'm pretty convinced that he's done at Marvel soon. All of that meta-superhero stuff in Winter Soldier was out there and it seems like he's had enough.
He's said that he's done with corporate comics after Winter Soldier so there's that. I really don't think he's interested in ever being like Bendis where he's writing for one of the big 2 for a long time. I think he's more interested in being like BKV.

one of us !
one of us!
one of us!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Just saw a post on tumblr with more than 14,000 notes explaining how Daredevil is actually blind... Is the supersenses thing really that hard to get?

I've had to explain to my friend at work all week how and why a blind Daredevil "can jump around and shit". I also had another friend telling me that the law doesn't work the way it did during that last part with
Kingpin breaking free from the armored FBI car and then staring at the inside of a prison cell

I think it's totally okay to ask these questions, especially if you don't read comics, but not if you're just going to use the lack of precise and constant realism against the show. 'Cause then my only response is: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's why it would be better to abandon the pseudoscientific pretense altogether, frankly. Just make all superheroes low-level reality warpers. That's how it works in the thing I'm writing.

Nah. I like when fiction tries to explain itself. If you don't have any "rules" (even ones you break on occasion) then it feels like nothing really matters because you can just bullshit a resolution (even if that is often what happens)

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
The radioactive shit that blinded him gave him acrobatic abilities. Hasn't this fucker seen the movie

That's what I said, man. I was like "yo, fuckin' Ben Affleck got hit with the ooze that made the ninja turtles and guess what, he too became a fucking ninja. But blind. And more handsome."

Nah. I like when fiction tries to explain itself. If you don't have any "rules" (even ones you break on occasion) then it feels like nothing really matters because you can just bullshit a resolution (even if that is often what happens)

Not necessarily; they still have rules, just... not any that exist in reality, is all. Hell, they can be more stringently defined. It all explains itself, it just manages to do so with consistency.

In case anyone missed it, Rafa's thrilling saga from this evening:
Brash im just begging and pleading. I just wanted to chill today but I'm just so sick. My ass feels like the San Andreas fault. With each grumble in my stomach I brace myself for these earth winds to pass. Lying on the bathroom floor. With a promise to be better.....

I need a bidet but all that is in arms reach are some Marvel comics. Grab a hose, was my past fears, trepidations, and regrets away. Live life to the fullest brahs.

I'm 15 for a moment
Caught in between 10 and 20
And I'm just dreaming
Counting the ways to where you are

I'm 22 for a moment
And she feels better than ever
And we're on fire
Making our way back from Mars

15 there's still time for you
Time to buy and time lose
15, there's never a wish better than this
When you only got 100 years to live...... :(

I think it's passed brahs. I know what I need to do now.

It passed through me like the second amendment, it's effects still felt....

New chapter was incredible. Some of my favorite bits of Marcus narration yet. Especially the part about how Maria staying to help him felt worse than his injuries. Naval gazing introspection stops for no grenade splash damage.

And yeah, the colors in this one were stand-out gorgeous.

Although I maintain that Marcus needed to take that out.
SHE TRIED TO KILL YOU BRO

Thumbs up man. I like my super-hero stuff more but Deadly Class is easily my favorite indie book without question.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So fucking sleepy tonight I can't even read anything or I'll fall over

PsychBat!

Banned
Unlikely. Booze. Plus superior stark still rocking iphone armor no?

I know right? I mean booze is more prominent with Ultimate Iron Man and it was shown that in the Secret Wars interiors Ultimate Iron Man is rocking his classic armor. That one that looks like a pod more than a suit of armor.

But 616 stark is supposed to have bluetooth armor and he isn't here?

i'm lost

Top Bottom