• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Alright statue collectors. What would you do if you were moving. Dismantling all of them and put them back in their original boxes or something else?

Messi

Alright statue collectors. What would you do if you were moving. Dismantling all of them and put them back in their original boxes or something else?

If it was me I would put them back in their boxes. It would take much more time but it would give me peace of mind. You paid a lot of money for those statues.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
X-Factor (2005-2013). The first Complete Collection has the Madrox mini-series that started it all. Sadly, they seem to have stopped printing the CCs after the second one.

I love that series dearly. It's the standard PAD formula of taking third-stringers and building a whole world around them (see also: Star Trek New Frontier, Young Justice, most of his Hulk run) but it's probably my favourite and for ages was the only X-Men book I cared about.
Are there a lot of Issues missing after the two Complete Collections and are the fitting trades still aviable? I would maybe like to jump in since there is so much good word about it and I want to read more about Madrox.

Are there a lot of Issues missing after the two Complete Collections and are the fitting trades still aviable? I would maybe like to jump in since there is so much good word about it and I want to read more about Madrox.

The two Complete Collections collect everything from Madrox #1 up to X-Factor #32, with the Quicksilver and Layla one-shots but not with the Messiah CompleX issues. So you're still missing about 70 issues.

Most of the post-Schism trades should still be in print, though that leaves a gap of around 30 issues in the middle.

Still well worth tracking down.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The two Complete Collections collect everything from Madrox #1 up to X-Factor #32, with the Quicksilver and Layla one-shots but not with the Messiah CompleX issues. So you're still missing about 70 issues.

Most of the post-Schism trades should still be in print, though that leaves a gap of around 30 issues in the middle.

Still well worth tracking down.[/QUOTE

Thanks. 70 Issues is far a lot. I will think about it.

But thanks :D

Hagi

That's the really annoying part about it. Saving whole series into your library would make navigating a hell of a lot less of a headache.

Yeah it seems like it would be common sense to have such a feature. I've had times where I'm reading something and it won't show the next issue so being able to save a whole series would be killer.

Squire

Banned
That's the really annoying part about it. Saving whole series into your library would make navigating a hell of a lot less of a headache.

What I do to start is add a bunch of issues and then read them and then keep reading. When I'm done I just add the next issue to my library like a book mark. So, I'll have X-Men 1-6 in my library and then from 6 I might just keep reading and when I decide to stop I'll add my last issue to continue from there later.

You really don't want a whole bunch of issues in your library at once, as messy as it gets. Putting trades on MU would alleviate a bit of that, but alas.

Oh, right! Finished Hawkeye earlier, and have now joined the rest of you in asking when the hell the last issue is going to be here. Am now returning to Superior Foes, which is getting much more entertaining.

Mindwipe

I just finished Harbinger vol 1. Holy shit, this is amazing. I've got a couple more Valiant books and a few more incoming, but I have a question since I can't seem to find a concrete answer on the web. As far as the shared continuity goes for these books, is there a specific reading order or things that I should certainly read before continuing on? I had only planned on picking up Harbinger, X-O Manowar, and Archer & Armstrong; but I see stuff like Unity and Harbinger Wars, and I'm not sure how things fit into the continuity.

http://www.corporate-sellout.com/index.php/2014/12/31/more-detailed-valiant-comics-chronology/

This list looks a little incomplete, though it at least includes the Harbinger Wars crossovers. Not sure what to do after that.

Unity volume 1 is pretty necessary around X-O Manowar volume 4. They're basically crossover books for a while and make little sense around the other.

Harbinger Wars is a little better, but I'd still recommend it if you're following either Harbinger or Bloodshot.

Eternal Warrior is the only completely droppable book (well, Archer and Armstrong and Quantum and Woody are also droppable, but they're actually good too).

Someone sell me on Death Vigil. It looks nice but I need that extra push.

This is completely unrelated, but JC told me to buy an Idolmaster game so I did. He's a mess without you guys.

PsychBat!

Banned
Party started.

Small room. Nothing has happened yet.

First track that blasted throughout the room was Blue by Eiffel 65.

I wanted to dance but I would've been the only one on the dance floor.

Messi

Don't you have the omnibus?

No :( the guy on ebay wouldn't ship it because he said the shipping was miscalculated on his end. Now its oop (I am fairly sure). Never read it either :(

Someone sell me on Death Vigil. It looks nice but I need that extra push.

This is completely unrelated, but JC told me to buy an Idolmaster game so I did. He's a mess without you guys.

I can't sell it anymore without seeming like a raving lunatic. I think only 2 or 3 of us read it and 1 or 2 more are trade waiting.

Ill just say its funny, charming has great characters who I genuinely adore and want to see succeed. It has sejic's sense of humour (if you have read Sunstone you know what I mean)

I love it ,water is also still wet.

No :( the guy on ebay wouldn't ship it because he said the shipping was miscalculated on his end. Now its oop (I am fairly sure). Never read it either :(

I can't sell it anymore without seeming like a raving lunatic. I think only 2 or 3 of us read it and 1 or 2 more are trade waiting.

Ill just say its funny, charming has great characters who I genuinely adore and want to see succeed. It has sejic's sense of humour (if you have read Sunstone you know what I mean)

I love it ,water is also still wet.
Ahem
http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marvel/X-STATIX-OMNIBUS-HC/JUN110719

Messi

Woah...but shipping is 30$ to Ireland. But I guess this is my best place to get it.

Oh and death vigil. How is this not charming.

death_vigil_3_and_so_the_work_begins_anew_xd_by_nebezial-d7r8i15.jpg

Woah...but shipping is 30$ to Ireland. But I guess this is my best place to get it.

Oh and death vigil. How is this not charming.

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2014/199/9/d/death_vigil_3_and_so_the_work_begins_anew_xd_by_nebezial-d7r8i15.jpg[/IM G][/QUOTE]

Is this cheaper? I don't understand currency conversions

[url=]http://www.amazon.co.uk/X-Statix-Omnibus-Peter-Milligan/dp/0785158448/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430008957&sr=8-1&keywords=x+statix+omnibus[/url]

Messi

July-ish i think, it collects through issue 8 unless they change it.

They won't that is the whole first arc and Sejic said the trade is 284 pages. looooooool

edit: He said due to fan reaction he will be coming back to do more Death Vigil this year too. Originally it was an 8 issue mini. But the fans really got behind the characters.

MattyG

Banned
Star Wars is such a great comic. All these Star Wars books. I love them.
Yeah, they're all really great. I hope they get out of the OT era for a couple of (or a majority of) the future books (which will happen after TFA releases, presumably), but what we have now is great. Vader is definitely the best of the four, but the other three are awesome too.

Top Bottom