• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

xptoxyz

So what are some nice things to read on X-Men? Thinking of checking out House of M (I think it's well regarded?)

Is the Wolverine vs Cyclops good? Which I think went into the two separate comics and now vs Avengers and then a
team from the past?
<- I've seen All-New recommended for new readers. Still I think I'd maybe enjoy some of those conflicts. Where to start?

Death of Wolverine was decent. Soule tends to level out at decent/okay for me

It was a totally meh comic. The art was nice but I found it a bit uneven. I thought there wasnt much tension in the build up to his death and even though it was a 'small' story, it never felt like a personal story.

Messi

Avengers Vs. X-Men OHC is currently cheap. Time to buy it.

image.php

Boogiepop

I think that run is being split into two omniboo so he probably means the next volume?

Yeah. I just didn't speak with confidence that that immediate teaser would be the next arc or anything since I have yet to read what comes next.

Anyway, thoughts! I'm going to be really interested in the second omnibus, as the first one was a rather interesting read to me. A lot of the content I'd call just okay, like it didn't excite me a ton but it didn't bore me either. Avengers Forever and the Ultron arc were definitely the highlights and were a ton of fun, and I was getting more into it by the end for sure. Also, I will withhold judgment to some degree as his plot arc isn't done yet and there's still obviously stuff to be resolved with him, but... I find Triathalon really lame. The outfit, the name, and the super generic strength/speed/agility type powers are incredibly uninteresting. I wish that Jarvis's adopted child with her animal powers was the greater focus of the characters introduced in that chapter, as she was at least interesting.

But yeah, definitely interested in the back half of the run.

Messi

According to amazon UK Harley Quinn vol 3 comes out in december and it only collects 2 regular issues and 3 of the specials. Thats kind of nuts. As great as the specials are. I really wish they had done separate hardcovers for all the specials. There are enough of them to do it and have ones for the regular issues.

Just back from Avengers. Won't even post stuff in spoiler tags because I don't want anyone to get spoiled accidentally, but I had a great time. It's a really fun movie, even if sometimes it feels like a collection of great scenes in search of a great movie.

Owzers

Konami is a bigger pile of shit than EA and Ubisoft.

i was thinking about how few games i'm interested and about Konami and i said " at least they have Metal Gear and the new Silent Hill game". It's like companies are purposely tanking, it's like the Cavs realizing that Lebron gets too much attention so they are going to send him to the D league for a season.

considering the Avengers only really had one good scene, the final battle, i'll take a collection of good scenes at this point.

Also no Brock Lesnar tonight? I hope he crashes the place.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
considering the Avengers only really had one good scene, the final battle, i'll take a collection of good scenes at this point.
I loved the Intro and the Hulkbuster-scene.

Its a trope for superhero movies at this point, that the hero as to hold a steel rope to save people.

Tizoc

Can I just say that this gen has been garbage so far? thank god for PC and comic books.

Tell me about it, where's my goddan METAL WOLF CHAOS HD remaster, From?

Mind you for Konami, all they got at their classic re-releases on 3DS, Wii U VC and PSN, but that's mainly on their Japanese side of gaming.
Least we got Gradius 5 with Suikoden 3 coming soon :p

Bloodborne was good but Arkham Knight is shaping up to be my next gen defining game.

iivGBL6dAh17p.gif

Even though I hit the recommend specs, I am going to lose so many frames.

....urge to rewatch the entire DCAU intensifying...

Also, OT, but if I have Bayo 1/2 on Wii U...and am just finding Bayo 1 a bit ugly and a bit of a slog...should i persevere? I think i'm only like a third of the way through but eugh...

If you're not enjoying the gameplay, don't force yourself to continue.

As for the visuals, the sequel appears to be a much prettier game, IMO.

Owzers

Batman Arkham Knight....after City and Origins i don't know how interested i am in cruising around an empty city doing mediocre missions.

....urge to rewatch the entire DCAU intensifying...

Also, OT, but if I have Bayo 1/2 on Wii U...and am just finding Bayo 1 a bit ugly and a bit of a slog...should i persevere? I think i'm only like a third of the way through but eugh...
Bayo 1 is one of the finest games from last gen. While it's not for everyone, I do think you should try and play on and see if your enjoyment increases. Maybe you'll like the sequel more too, it's entirely possible.
pls guys this is a comics thread not gaming ot. Pls Understand.

I'm eyeing more comics again, what's Bandette like? I know you praise it a lot but I know nothing about it. As someone who enjoys hijinx, would I enjoy it?

Vyer

I found that a bit confusing, too. People are generally either in the "Comics are for kids" or "Comics are for everyone" camp. If it's the former, they won't give a shit what you're reading. Who cares what other people think, anyway?

Yeah. I mean, I'm not saying the licensed stuff can't be good - there are some really solid Transformers comics happening right now - but the logic was just...huh?

Batman Arkham Knight....after City and Origins i don't know how interested i am in cruising around an empty city doing mediocre missions.

Yeah it's definitely a themepark game but damn that doesn't stop me from having fun. I'm afraid we won't see dense, populated cities in games for quite a while, the hardware simply isn't there for that level of detail. I still find the combat fun in itself after Arkham + Shadows of Mordor.

Owzers

reading the Multiversity Guidebook, everything was going well until i hit the info dump actual guide part. And here is a small bland write-up of earths that probably wont' exist in two years when the next crisis hits. Fifty two times. I'll just look at the pictures for Earths 20 through 52

reading the Multiversity Guidebook, everything was going well until i hit the info dump actual guide part. And here is a small bland write-up of earths that probably wont' exist in two years when the next crisis hits. Fifty two times. I'll just look at the pictures for Earths 20 through 52

I didn't mind it since the write-ups themselves were pretty short. I'm not expecting any of those alternate Earths to ever get stories in the first place so it was cool to see Morrison just establish all of these different worlds.

Messi

Bayo 1 is one of the finest games from last gen. While it's not for everyone, I do think you should try and play on and see if your enjoyment increases. Maybe you'll like the sequel more too, it's entirely possible.

I'm eyeing more comics again, what's Bandette like? I know you praise it a lot but I know nothing about it. As someone who enjoys hijinx, would I enjoy it?

Absolutely it is delightful. It is all about hijinks and it has lovely art. It all looks hand painted.

It was a totally meh comic. The art was nice but I found it a bit uneven. I thought there wasnt much tension in the build up to his death and even though it was a 'small' story, it never felt like a personal story.
I mean, i'm not gonna go to bat for DoW but i liked the art and action enough, plus the plot that everyone's trying to kill him (that's always rad). It's more of a "wait for MU" thing
brah yes

It's a must own

Top Bottom