• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

These Ikea organisers are perfect for storing single issue comics. I seem to be able to fit around 40 in each.

sNsGrZO.jpg

(Hopefully these series are collected sometime so I can get rid of the floppies).

Reading Ms. Marvel on Unlimited; god this book is charming! Only on issue 3, but I'm loving it.

Reminds me of the pre-Flashpoint Blue Beetle run, in some ways. Same je ne sais quoi of innocent teen superherodom, I guess.

Big list this week. Can't afford any trades right now so I'll have to get Sunstone down the line.

My BuyList via Comics Day App
Sub Total for 10 items: $40.92
Discount @15%: $6.14
Sales Tax @0.0%: $0.00
Total: $34.78
BATMAN #40 (ENDGAME) (NOTE PRICE) $4.99
CONVERGENCE #4 $3.99
CONVERGENCE DETECTIVE COMICS #1 $3.99
CONVERGENCE SHAZAM #1 $3.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE #40 $3.99
MULTIVERSITY #2 $5.99
SUPERMAN #40 $3.99
ALEX + ADA #14 $2.99
BITCH PLANET #4 (MR) $3.50
WAYWARD #7 CVR A CUMMINGS & BONVILLAIN (MR) $3.50
0 items priced 'Please Inquire':
End of BuyList

Messi

Big list this week. Can't afford any trades right now so I'll have to get Sunstone down the line.

My BuyList via Comics Day App
Sub Total for 10 items: $40.92
Discount @15%: $6.14
Sales Tax @0.0%: $0.00
Total: $34.78
CONVERGENCE #4 $3.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE #40 $3.99
MULTIVERSITY #2 $5.99
SUPERMAN #40 $3.99
ALEX + ADA #14 $2.99
End of BuyList

Are you trying to hurt me Korupt? I wanted to know your thoughts on some of the stuff that happened in Vol 2. :(

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
New X-Men Igor Kordey Update: No Kordey in sight, and this run is treating me right. This is some seriously excellent X-Men work.

About to hit the issue where Slim and Logan go drinkin'.

frye

New X-Men Igor Kordey Update: No Kordey in sight, and this run is treating me right. This is some seriously excellent X-Men work.

About to hit the issue where Slim and Logan go drinkin'.

wait, I thought you already reached the Bachalo/Assault on Weapon X stuff?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
wait, I thought you already reached the Bachalo/Assault on Weapon X stuff?

Nope, just hit Bachalo's first issue. I'm reading it via the omnibus, so maybe the order is different?
Esme helped kill Emma, and now I guess Slim is a prime suspect.

E: No wait, this is just a regular numbered ish--#142. Thought this was an annual or something.

frye

Nope, just hit Bachalo's first issue. I'm reading it via the omnibus, so maybe the order is different?
Esme helped kill Emma, and now I guess Slim is a prime suspect.

E: No wait, this is just a regular numbered ish--#142. Thought this was an annual or something.

I remember you saying you reached the Fantomex stuff, is that earlier than this? I thought Fantomex came in in the arc you're reading but maybe my memory is horribly off

e: ohhh wiki says 128

Bii

I read Nameless #3, and...I don't get it. :/
Is this going to be one of those books that I drop because I feel dumb reading it (a previous example for me was FBP/Collider)?

Filthy Slug

I remember you saying you reached the Fantomex stuff, is that earlier than this? I thought Fantomex came in in the arc you're reading but maybe my memory is horribly off

Fantomex comes in right after the Cassandra stuff is over. There's the Xorn issue interlude (which is one of my favorite issues) and then there's
Fantomex's introduction along with the Roman numeral'd Weapons revelation/train situation. That's also where Fantomex kills Darkstar.

That's all before the Quentin/Cuckoo issues.

frye

Fantomex comes in right after the Cassandra stuff is over. There's the Xorn issue interlude (which is one of my favorite issues) and then there's
Fantomex's introduction along with the Roman numeral'd Weapons revelation/train situation. That's also where Fantomex kills Darkstar.

That's all before the Quentin/Cuckoo issues.

Yeah, I think I must've blocked all those issues from my memory because I didn't remember them at all

That "I only read licensed comics because no alternate dimensions" is some bullshit.

This is the same IDW G.I. Joe that has had at least three continuities (A Real American Hero, America's Elite, their own stuff), Ghostbusters has had two series set in different dimensions, plus their main book is a hodge-podge of the movie, The Real Ghostbusters and Extreme Ghostbusters.

I won't even entertain the Transfomers situation, since their continuity is so labyrinth they have their own multiverse naming system, which covers all Transformers continuities, except the ones it doesn't because reasons. The original G1 Marvel comic has no less than FOUR seperate endings that are all incompatible with each other, and in the original one ended on a cliffhanger after 99 issues. It was 1994, I WAS THERE MOTHERFUCKER. By all means, read licensed guff, I read more of it than is healthy. But don't elevate it to some form of high art.

And they all crossed over multiple times with the Infestation, Mars Attacks and Conspiracy crossovers.

How did the Spider-Verse event pan out? Was it good? The OHC is coming out this week.

It was okay. Good until the end, but the finish was weak. Also, contains the tie-ins with LAAAAAAND art but I don't think the Edge of Spider-Verse mini is included.

If you get the book, let me know how it is. I pre-ordered it from an Amazon UK price error a few months ago.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The one thing I am surely about to hate about Spider-Verse is that everything seems like they destroyed Morlun and his "kind". Every aspect Slott retconned on it damaged Stracynzkis Run for me (Yeah, you will say that it it was shit because of Sins Past and One More Day, but the fault belongs to Spideys biggest Super-Villain ever.)

I only really want the Spider-Gwen issue anyway, I suppose that'll be in Spider-Gwen Volume 1 or something.

No, unless they correct the announcement, Spider-Gwen Vol. 1 only collects Spider-Gwen Issue 1-5.

That Gamora solo book is never coming out right?

12334261256491.png

CONVERGENCE #4 $3.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE #40 $3.99

MULTIVERSITY #2 $5.99
SUPERMAN #40 $3.99
ALEX + ADA #14 $2.99
SUNSTONE OGN VOL2 $14.99
End of BuyList

Here you go, I removed all the crappy stuff from your list and made room for Sunstone. :D

Messi

The one thing I am surely about to hate about Spider-Verse is that everything seems like they destroyed Morlun and his "kind". Every aspect Slott retconned on it damaged Stracynzkis Run for me (Yeah, you will say that it it was shit because of Sins Past and One More Day, but the fault belongs to Spideys biggest Super-Villain ever.)

No, unless they correct the announcement, Spider-Gwen Vol. 1 only collects Spider-Gwen Issue 1-5.

That makes no sense. Why not include it so people get the complete story? Id argue Spider-Gwen needs that edge of spider verse issue.

Tizoc

Oh wow I have The Stories of Alan Moore TPB which features the Killing Joke with its original colors! Forgot I even had it haha.

Speaking of Killing Joke: Did or did not, Batman kill the Joker at the end? Some think he did because the light beam disappears in the last panel :p

Top Bottom