• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Just did an epic binge read of all of Snyder's Batman (main series and all of Eternal - be still, my aching wallet) in anticipation of 40. I've got some questions.

Spoilers for Batman 1-39 and Batman Eternal 1-52, I guess.

1. Is Joker being (potentially) an immortal being something just being covered here, or was that elsewhere?
2. How did he get a new face?
3. In 39 when Joker comes out of the water, his face is already messed up, before Alfred shoots him. What happened there?

Anyway, the series is great. I love how they incorporated the city of Gotham and loved Zero Year. Best
Riddler
story I've ever read, for sure.

As far as 3 goes,
Gordon shot him earlier before getting offed
. For the others, we have no idea what is really going on right now but I'm leaning towards insane hallucination.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
As far as 3 goes,
Gordon shot him earlier before getting offed
. For the others, we have no idea what is really going on right now but I'm leaning towards insane hallucination.

I remember that, but his face looks fine when he was swimming in 38. Art error?

And yeah, I don't think you can have so many issues start with
Cassandra Toxin stuff without people expecting a bit of a switcheroo. Unless the twist is that there's no twist.

Messi

Romance comics are making a comeback. Bow to your superiors.

I know of one really good romance comic...

Its Sunstone, its always Sunstone.

xIK32HG.jpg

Real excited for this one. Did I see recently they got past a stretch goal and now Gail Simone is writing an issue.

Messi

Your love isn't pure. You only like it for it's lewedness.

I might be one of the only one who isnt there for the lewdness first and foremost. I am there for Ally and Lisa first, ally and lisa being a dorky couple is what keeps me coming back. Then emotional devastation, then Marion, then lewdness.

--

Mike Allred draws my fave version of She Hulk. It is just perfect.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
When did Allred draw FF?

Anyway done with Warren Ellis short Moon Knight run, it was as good as everyone said, but Ellis's short runs on everything are pissing me off :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wood's Moon Knight is completely fine (at least the 2 issues up on MU), sure it's missing Ellis's "je ne sais quoi" but the way some people were talking I was expecting the worst piece of crap imaginable

Rhaknar

Loved Guardians 3000 #1, great premise (even if it's time travel-y) and Sandoval doing his best Joe Mad impression and i love him for that.

Owzers

I'm getting a taste of what MU is like when you have more to read than just the leftovers you didn't buy in monthly floppy form since i've cut back on the flop. Ms. Marvel and Silver Surfer will be catching up soon to where i dropped them but after finishing Dark Times i'm moving on to Superior Foes of Spidey since i didn't pick up volume two of the trade despite loving the first.

Star Wars Dark Times: A mostly recommendable book, it focuses on two different Jedis who are trying to figure out how to live after Episode 3, a time period that i did want to read more on. As i've said before, it's quite grim and it does do a decently good job of making you feel the bleakness of the world, but it still has that property awkwardness where it isn't written well enough to truly be great, but it flows well from issue to issue. A Generously Random 7/10.

Rhaknar

Digging this GotG / All New X-Men Trial of Jean Gray crossover (have been behind in both books for ages)

Going through issues like a fat kid goes through donuts tonight

I know of one really good romance comic...

Its Sunstone, its always Sunstone.

Real excited for this one. Did I see recently they got past a stretch goal and now Gail Simone is writing an issue.
Silly Messi. You have a typo there. Clearly you meant to type Strangers in Paradise. It was so good it ruined Kipp (or was it freeza) of reading other comics!

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
So my comic collection keeps growing and so does my backlog of comics I need to read. The first thing I'm catching up on is Batman. I managed to track down all the New 52 issues, and I'm reading them in order. Just got done with issue 0 (and finished issue 12 right before that), and tomorrow I will start Death of the Family. Court of Owls/Night of Owls/City of Owls was so good. One of the better Batman stories I have read. It's so awesome because Batman is by far my favorite superhero and it's great that the Court just enhances his already amazing rogues gallery.

These romance covers are slaying me.
Moon Knight punches ghosts

dult6l6z6z7u.jpg

I don't have anything clever to day... there isn't much to say really, the issue pretty much speaks for itself
Does it, though? When did Moon Knight become a necromancer or some shit?
I'm really not looking forward to how Marvel is going to shit on Cyclops during Secret Wars.
They do it all the time, though. You act as if this one particular instance will be different than the rest.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Kamala is free to choose who she truly loves, Miles, Robbie or whoever.

No one wants Bruno's simp ass.

He is friendzoned anyway :/

But since Kamalas parents are a bit overprotective and her brother very religious, a love story can turn out interesting.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Tomorrow is New Avengeers by Hickman Day!

Finally time to get through the first quarter of his run.

Maybe I wait until june, when the second OHCs of New Avengers and Avengers drop. Also, I need the Infinity OHC...

MU friend

Anyway Magneto #10 / Uncanny Avengers #25 - shut up Rogue. That is all >_>

If it makes you feel any better it's just one trade

I have:
-New 52 Earth 2 volume 1
-New 52 Constantine volume 3
-Hellblazer volume 1
-Ms. Marvel volume 2
-Daredevil The Ultimate Collection (Bendis) volume 2
-Fables volume 9
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 volume 3 (the hardcover library edition)
-Hellboy volume 6 (Library Edition)

It's a lot

Rhaknar

AXISAXISAXISAXISAXISAXISAXISAXISAXISAXIS

AXISAXISAXISAXISAXISAXISAXISAXISAXISAXIS

...why? o_O

Rhaknar

Amazing

all-newx-men025-018ocsoj.jpg

Edit: "I am the Watcher and I cannot act. But you disgust me Hank McCoy"

Damn, dat cosmic ether :(

All New X-Men #25 was fucking awesome

My friend came back from a regional for a CCG with a 1/6th Misa Hayase Swimsuit Macross Figure for me.

I just accidently joined Figure GAF because of a gift. Later I found myself absently looking up other figures in that line, thinking "Oh, well these only go for $50-120 each, that's not so bad."

This is how it starts, isn't it?

God damnit.

Top Bottom