• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Basicly, yes :D

6a00d834524bea69e201347fa36e4b970c-pi

Nightmare fuel eyes.

Messi

There are some horrible fuckers around here who throw cats into bonfires. Sick fucking bastards. Its been going on years. I always lock up Lionel (my cat) on that night as Fireworks scare him and I don't want those pricks getting him.

There are some horrible fuckers around here who throw cats into bonfires. Sick fucking bastards. Its been going on years. I always lock up Lionel (my cat) on that night as Fireworks scare him and I don't want those pricks getting him.

Island fever makes you do crazy things.

Sadist

Are easter bonfires a thing outside of europe? I actually never heard of anyone doing this outside of germany...
You're friendly neighbours in Holland have easter bonfires as well. ;)

And what Messi, you're serious? That's terrible! Where do you live?

Dunbar

Based on the new release list, I'll be picking up 8 Image books this week. That has to be a record # of Image books for me.

Rebels #1 looks cool too. I really like history so I'll be picking that up.

Other than that, not much this week. Maybe if some of the Convergence specials grab my eye, I'll get a few.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I really want a Convergence Omnibus when the Event is over. I wont understand a lot because my limited knowledge of the DC Multiverses, but the whole thing seems like its something I would enjoy

Messi

Looking at the books coming out this week Convergence just makes me sad. I have no idea what will be good or what I want. I will just get Harley and The Question and leave it at that. Such a crap shoot. I took a few years away from comics and have very little connection to most of the pre 52 stuff. So seeing those people come back does nothing for me. That said I am excited they are getting the Sirens back together for a bit.

Looking at the books coming out this week Convergence just makes me sad. I have no idea what will be good or what I want. I will just get Harley and The Question and leave it at that. Such a crap shoot. I took a few years away from comics and have very little connection to most of the pre 52 stuff. So seeing those people come back does nothing for me. That said I am excited they are getting the Sirens back together for a bit.

Batgirl (Stephanie Brown), Nightwing and Oracle, Batman and Robin (Dick and Damian) and Teen Titans should be good in addition to those you mentioned.

Oh and Justice League is Zatanna, Supergirl, Jade and Jesse Quick for a baby shower. That's more lady than you can handle.

Dunbar

If DC wasn't allergic to the text recap pages for some reason, this would be the perfect time to start using them. Imagine if every Convergence special had a little blurb that told you:

- Who the characters were and what era of comics they were from
- What happened to them and why they are important
- An intro to the story for the two issues and why you should care

I would be a lot more likely to at least try a few, since if you end up not liking it, it's only 2 issues and who cares. As it is, I doubt I buy many at all since I know next to nothing about pre-52 DC.

SoilBreak

Banned
If DC wasn't allergic to the text recap pages for some reason, this would be the perfect time to start using them. Imagine if every Convergence special had a little blurb that told you:

- Who the characters were and what era of comics they were from
- What happened to them and why they are important
- An intro to the story for the two issues and why you should care

I would be a lot more likely to at least try a few, since if you end up not liking it, it's only 2 issues and who cares. As it is, I doubt I buy many at all since I know next to nothing about pre-52 DC.

But they are doing recaps

Messi

Batgirl (Stephanie Brown), Nightwing and Oracle, Batman and Robin (Dick and Damian) and Teen Titans should be good in addition to those you mentioned.

Oh and Justice League is Zatanna, Supergirl, Jade and Jesse Quick for a baby shower. That's more lady than you can handle.

Thank you for the help. I will add those in so I have more DC to read this month. Justice League sounds perfect for me. I would never have picked that before you mentioned it.

Awesome. Hadn't seen these. This will help.

I chuckled at the bolded.

Yeah, if I got a house here in a few years I'd like a dog, but TBH a lot of people around here would make me nervous about it. Dognapping is too common where I live.

Its not all jolly green fields and pots of gold here. There are scumbags and raging alcohol problems. Put those together with lowlifes with nothing better to do then you apparently get animal torture.

True dat. Was funny walking around town on Good Friday and seeing the tourists confused because the pubs were all closed though. Had to stay an extra hour at work because they invaded the cinema after realising the town was dry for the day.

Aw man loving Rage of Ultron so far.

And yeah that Busiek run was the first marvel series I read all the way through monthly when I was a youngin'. Definitely the most iconic run of comics for me.

Next omnibus for me: brubaker cap vol 5, followed by Annihilation: Conquest which I haven't read all of yet!

Owzers

Happy easter! On the third day, Jesus left the tomb because he ran out of comics. Such a nice quiet reading place...

Owzers

DCBS decisions:

Autumland Tooth and Gaf vol 1 - 4.99
Drifter vol 1 - 4.99
Rumble vol 1 - 4.99

I read the first issues of Drifter and Rumble that i had ordered a while ago to test out, both were okay but didn't sell me on the series.Which out of these do i need to order?

DCBS decisions:

Drifter vol 1 - 4.99
Rumble vol 1 - 4.99

I read the first issues of Drifter and Rumble that i had ordered a while ago to test out, both were okay but didn't sell me on the series.Which out of these do i need to order?

The first issue of tiger boobs was good, I didn't keep up with it though

tim1138

DCBS decisions:

Drifter vol 1 - 4.99
Rumble vol 1 - 4.99

Tooth and Claw is great, it's one of my favorite books.

Messi

Guys I read a comic today. Please don't throw me out of the community. It was a mistake.

Convergence #1: Wat, seriously wat.

Top Bottom