• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Cheska

Alright, I read All New Hawkeye #2.

I don't wanna be the threads official Hawkeye stan, but honestly? I thought it was good.

Is it moving slowly? Yes. (It's actually doing exactly what Fraction says comics need to move away from: Giving you five minutes of story a month).

Would you be better off trade waiting? Yes. Yes, you would.

I'll keep reading it monthly until I just can't take the pace of it anymore because I'm a sucker.

My friend, pick up and try Spider-Woman :) Starting with issue 5, and issue 6 that just came out. I feel like it may be right up your alley!

All-New Ghost Rider:
This comic is bananas!

19f7999bb3d3f8b9a15ade70f938b08b.jpg

I'll be back one day, I'm in a comic funk right now. Haven't read much of anything. I still have comics from the last 2 weeks too read. Buying a house is stressful.

mreddie

Howard: Guardians save the day
and they leave the prisoners behind. And now, he's back with Aunt May pointing a gun at him and then getting sued by Cage and Fist.
Enjoyable issue.

Captain Marvel: Okay but I need to get involved with the Black Vortex event. I feel lost.

Guardians Team Up (Gamora and She Hulk): I dug it, amusing to see two green gals kicking everyone's ass but the whole making Gamora weak is a wasted opportunity.

Finished Convergence: Batman & Robin and Harley. The latter was much better than the former, though I think I'm looking forward to the payoff more for B&R. I've always liked seeing
Jason and Damian interact, they've got an interesting dynamic that I think a good writer could get a lot out of. Batman's violent sons.

Oh, and that bit at the end of Harley where they
undo all her progress
was freaking tragic.

Toad.T

Banned
So I need your help, ComicsGAF, on two accounts.

1.Stan "The Man" Lee is coming to a local con. Since he's getting up in years, I feel this will be one of my last (If not last) times to get something signed by him. The one that I know everybody else will want to get signed by him would be the Spiderman special where he goes to the Calgary Stampede. Although it would be cool if he signed it, I feel it would cheapen the impact of what he has meant to me and how he's impacted the things I like. So as such, I feel I have two options in regards to sentimental signatures.

The first would be to find a copy (either as a trade or multiple single issues) of his most favourite arc or story he's ever written. What would that be, and how easy is it to acquire (EBay is fine, but If it's more than $100, I can't do it.)

2.The 2nd option is to find the Spiderman issue I remember the most, to act as something more personal. The thing is though, I'm not quite sure what specific issue number/series it is, or if it's even a Spiderman issue. The most major thing I remember about it is the cover. It featured a young boy and his grandpa fishing on a small wooden boat while a giant green monster or fish towers behind them. I want to say it was a spinoff series, and I want to say the story was late 90's or very, very, very early 2000's. If I could find that issue again (it was thrown out ages ago), that would also serve as an equal tribute to a legend.

Would you mind helping me out, ComicsGAF community? Last time I posed a question at large to OT, they told me to try the community forums first, so I'd thought I'd stop by here before trying OT in general.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Waid's Daredevil is great.

Just wanted to put that out there

Vibranium

Banned
how about that gosh dang The Surface #2 and-slash-or The Winter Soldier #7 y'all gosh dang. There's TWO Foss/Kot books out there and they're both mind-expanding crazy shit about the future. It's next level comics.

I quite liked learning about
alternate Nick Fury Junior who I'm guessing is Crossbones and the version of Bucky spanning the galaxy
in Winter Soldier #7. The book probably isn't going to last much longer but the multiverse is fun and Kot is quite out there. Hoping for classic WS espionage and for Bucky to have a love interest again after this run though.

But Langdon Foss...I haven't read The Surface but the guy's art and faces are not cut out for Bucky if you ask me. If Rudy is done drawing this series there should be someone with a grittier style. Nic Klein actually would be great if he came back.

Vibranium

Banned
Also, Rat Queens was amazing as usual this week. The art was on point and Hannah is just so great.
I wonder what's up with her dad?

1.Stan "The Man" Lee is coming to a local con. Since he's getting up in years, I feel this will be one of my last (If not last) times to get something signed by him. The one that I know everybody else will want to get signed by him would be the Spiderman special where he goes to the Calgary Stampede. Although it would be cool if he signed it, I feel it would cheapen the impact of what he has meant to me and how he's impacted the things I like. So as such, I feel I have two options in regards to sentimental signatures.

The first would be to find a copy (either as a trade or multiple single issues) of his most favourite arc or story he's ever written. What would that be, and how easy is it to acquire (EBay is fine, but If it's more than $100, I can't do it.)

2.The 2nd option is to find the Spiderman issue I remember the most, to act as something more personal. The thing is though, I'm not quite sure what specific issue number/series it is, or if it's even a Spiderman issue. The most major thing I remember about it is the cover. It featured a young boy and his grandpa fishing on a small wooden boat while a giant green monster or fish towers behind them. I want to say it was a spinoff series, and I want to say the story was late 90's or very, very, very early 2000's. If I could find that issue again (it was thrown out ages ago), that would also serve as an equal tribute to a legend.

Would you mind helping me out, ComicsGAF community? Last time I posed a question at large to OT, they told me to try the community forums first, so I'd thought I'd stop by here before trying OT in general.
Personally, I'd go with the second option if it's related to him in any way. Go for something that's more important to you.
Am I the only one reason Southern Cross?
I bought the first issue buuut I haven't read it yet. It's in my room somewhere...

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Get a Issue of Batman from Stan signed, this is really unique ;-)

speaking of which is that deadpool run on marvel unlimited? and is it good? this new movie getting into gear has me kinda interested in reading it.

Hickmans Avengers story is literally Crisis on Infinite Earths.

And? What does that have to do with convergence sucking

Also Dan Didio already did Convergence back in 2007 it was called Countdown Arena. I wonder if he forgot he mandated that event or if he liked it so much he forced DC to do it again,

Yes.
And secret wars is rebooting the marvel universe.
And all mutants are inhumans now.
And the maximoffs were changed to spite fox.
And the f4 title was cancelled to spite fox.

I have a meeting you may want to attend. I think our values align and you'll find it very interesting.

Tizoc

Yes.
And secret wars is rebooting the marvel universe.
And all mutants are inhumans now.
And the maximoffs were changed to spite fox.
And the f4 title was cancelled to spite fox.

I've seen dumb shit comic companies have done over the decades, but this ranks as the dumbest of them all.

I want to read Daredevil right now :/

Then why aren't you? Not my fault you're broke from buying all those floppies and milestone issues for $10 per issue :V

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I can order the first Bendis Ultimate Collection but it wont arrive in the next two weeks...

Maybe later. First I have to drive to my cinema and buy tickets for Age of Ultron. Only 2 weeks left, guys! :D

Tizoc

I can order the first Bendis Ultimate Collection but it wont arrive in the next two weeks...

Maybe later. First I have to drive to my cinema and buy tickets for Age of Ultron. Only 2 weeks left, guys! :D

Damn you can buy movie tickets 2 weeks in advance? I'd be lucky to buy tickets for the midnight showing here DX

Dunbar

Bleeding Cool said Silk blew Spider-Gwen out of the water on digital sales. I wasn't expecting that after all of the sales hype for Gwen.

Silk is better though.

Top Bottom