• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Got four Convergence tie-ins (Harley, Question, Superman, Nightwing/Oracle) and thought I did pretty well, overall. Harley was my favourite among them. It's definitely
weird to see Harley rehabilitated and then back in the costume over the course of one issue. It's tough to pass any sort of judgement on any of these issues, since they're part 1 of 2. I thought it was a well-delivered tragic moment for Harley to be betrayed by her former partners like that. Maybe a little odd to have that moment in part 1 of 2 of an event tie-in, but still a great concept.

Freeza, let me know what you think about Question.

I think it's unfortunate this is only going to be a two-issue story. Renee,
Huntress AND Batwoman? HHHHNNNNGGGG. Maybe they can even have a threesome at the end. It's a bit weird seeing Two-Face not being a complete dick, though.

Messi

I think it's unfortunate this is only going to be a two-issue story. Renee,
Huntress AND Batwoman? HHHHNNNNGGGG. Maybe they can even have a threesome at the end. It's a bit weird seeing Two-Face not being a complete dick, though.

Maybe if it sells enough we can get that
totally hot 3 some. I think batwoman would be down for that kinky stuff.

E the Shaggy

I know Hickman's been building Secret Wars for some time with his run on Avengers, so it makes me wonder if someone from DC had gotten wind of it and that's how Convergence came about.

I mean they're practically the exact same premises.

PsychBat!

Banned
Convergence is weak overall so far. If you haven't read Earth 2 then you're lost and don't give a damn about the characters. But if anyone does read Earth 2, is this a good follow-up?

Ant-Man continues with another good issue. Love the development we're getting with Scott's new life and Spencer is really channeling his Superior Foes magic to make this book a lot of fun.
The Ant-Van bit was great, and I love how Scott's recruited yet another former villain. I hope that becomes a reoccurring joke.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Steve's vision with those martian tripods didn't happen.
To bad, was hellbend to see whats the deal with the Tripods, since they were the same Tony Stark saw while he almost lobotomized himself during Fractions Run to save the Civil War datas before Norman Osborn.

But maybe we will see the, during Secret Wars...

While I am happy that All-New Hawkeye is going in a different direction than Fraction's run, I can't say it's for me. The flashbacks continue to do nothing for me and I'm just not feeling it. Shame too, cause Lemire at least seems to get how to do banter between Clint and Kate. I might end up dropping this soon.

To bad, was hellbend to see whats the deal with the Tripods, since they were the same Tony Stark saw while he almost lobotomized himself during Fractions Run to save the Civil War datas before Norman Osborn.

But maybe we will see the, during Secret Wars...

IIRC the machines Tony saw were later revealed to be a result of a hypnotic suggestion by the Mandarin and he was forced into building them at the end of Fraction's run. Maybe. It's been a while since I read those issues.

I think Steve's vision from Reborn was originally going to be Fear Itself which was planned to be a Captain America/Thor crossover.

Fuck, that convergence Harley Quinn issue is really fucking depressing. One panel near the end really bothered me. The whole thing is really tragic
i really didn't like the page of ivy drugging Harley and putting her in the costume.
. The whole thing went really dark and not in a direction I was expecting.
her seeing the fishes and talking to them made me sad

Friends don't let friends
drug them, force them into sexy outfits, and force them to do illegal things.

It sounds fucked up.

Bii

Hickman doing a Star Wars comic would be tasty.

I'd buy it.

jMeW3Xw.jpg

You guys reading Chrononauts? If not, you should. #1 was a solid issue and I'm looking forward to #2 next week.

Tizoc

I'm surprised how few people here have read Darth Vader.
I mean...it's Darth Vader. Who for reasons beyond my knowledge is iconic, and I just role with it.

Tizoc

^lol as I only buy like a handful of comics each week (digitally) the prices don't bother me much :p

I'm not into Star Wars so I have no interest in any comics related to it

I'm not into Star Wars either, but if a book is good, a book is good.
Personally I'm more into SW Expanded Universe. Should give Rebels a watch already >_>

Top Bottom