• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
You take back that shit you said about Michael Clarke Duncan.
Its nothing against him. Really. He did a good job. I just dont see a reason why they had to go with a black kingpin, other that feed the clichee for the audience. Because the people may think that the big criminal has to be black.

Dont get me wrong, I dont think that black people = criminal and gangsters.

I listened to the Daredevil movie soundtrack walking to work today. The nostalgia was intense, the buttrock less so. Rob Zombie's Man Without Fear is a tune though. There's also a song called Caught in the Rain by a band I never heard of again called Revis. As someone who overplays songs I'm currently into, hearing that again for the first time in about eight years was awesome.

Will watch the series tomorrow. I'm dying right now. Had to be in at half 7, didn't get off till 6:30 PM. I couldn't take lunch until 3 PM todfay 'cause we had three birthday parties in and it was all hands on deck. I also skipped breakfast and I don't think I've been so hungry in about ten years. Then I overate and I've got heartburn I could stand on and even Gaviscon tablets aren't helping.

Send help. Send coffee. Send me my PC so I don't cry watching Mortal Kombat X streams.

Its nothing against him. Really. He did a good job. I just dont see a reason why they had to go with a black kingpin, other that feed the clichee for the audience. Because the people may think that the big criminal has to be black.

Dont get me wrong, I dont think that black people = criminal and gangsters.

Maybe because he was perfect for the role in every way but skintone? Dude killed it.

Tizoc

So I just found out I am missing the following
Dragon Ball Vol. 1
Dragon Ball Z Vol. 4

I'll be ordering them by the end of the month due to some budgetary reasons, but I'm surprised I lost those 2 particular books...

Owzers

just stick four pieces of masking tape to the back of the art and slap it on the wall. I can make a guide up if needed.

sorry, five pieces, the four corners and then one in the middle to look professional. This is why i need to work on the guide.

Is there diet racism in here? Weird.

Can you get Diet Racism with Lemon? Or Racism Zero?

Maybe Racism Throwback with Real Racism instead of High-Fructose Corn Racism?

There was another song on her new album I really liked, called "Out of the Woods."

I liked Style, I didn't even realise it was her 'till I Shazamed it. I'd never heard a T-Swift song before Shake It Off though, and I listen to a lot of radio. I have switched to talk stations more in the last year just because I find them easier to drift off to sleep to. The pop station I like here switches to indie at 1AM and wakes me every single time.

When I was off, I'd listen to BBC Radio 1 all the time. I'd find at least one new song per day I was really into. There's no Irish equivalent to that. The national youth station here plays it incredibly safe. So much Script and Ed Sheeran (I like Ed, but if I never heard Thinking Out Loud again I could live with that).

Now I am not sure if you are joking or if I dont get something.

ig3kjzwtm7sJ3.gif

That gif always makes me want a can of Coke.

Cade

Wait a minute, the guy on the left lol...

He's my favorite. I see it usually defended as the guy Batman's whacking accidentally shoots him, but my head canon is that he sees his buddy getting hella wrecked and pretends to get hit so he avoids the beating.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I'm hitting up Daredevil the second I get home. I may stop to read Nameless and some Kot books in between issues, though.

Cade

This is from The Dark Knight Rises?

Yep. Batman fighting in those movies never clicked with me. He just felt like a big dumb guy whacking people with his forearms. I hope Batfleck is more ninja-esque and fluid in his fighting, but I doubt it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yep. Batman fighting in those movies never clicked with me. He just felt like a big dumb guy whacking people with his forearms. I hope Batfleck is more ninja-esque and fluid in his fighting, but I doubt it.
Ok, then no good Batman movie was hurt by this hilarious gif :D

Zombine

Banned
I thought the appeal of Gwen as Spider-Man was because it was a neat take on that character, and an awesome way to un-do a lot of the cringe worthy horse shit that she went through over the years?

Edit: I'm not saying I don't enjoy the covers, but I do think that Marvel doesn't get what made the whole Gwen + Spider-Man thing work.

Top Bottom