• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Sadist

Yo dat Rage of Ultron.

It's awesome.

So this takes place after Secret Wars? Interesting. Inverted Sabretooth is still a thing. But man, Hank Pym and Ultron fusing together is crazy. Guess we won't see Hank returning for a while. Ultron before that is pretty damn scary btw.

And man the Opena art is ace. Love his style.

fauxtrot

Banned
So is Daredevil gonna be in the Civil War movie? He's a total bad ass.

even_possible_aliens.gif

It seems like it'd make promotional sense, especially if The Defenders miniseries is releasing around the same time as (or not long after) Civil War.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The problem is, that Marvel TV and Marvel Movie are to different. It almsot seems like Marvel TV just gets some notes before the new movie drops, makes a Tie-In for Agent of Shield and that was it.
I kinda dont see it happening, but would like it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Oversized Daredevil Vol 1 by Wade is gone out of print?
Seems like it. Look up Bookdepository or Amazon Germany, there are still plenty copys avaiable.

Will there be second or third seasons before The Defenders? Don't make me wait years for more Daredevil.
Nothing for sure yet, but Alias, Luke Cage and Iron Fist are supposed to coming out before that. I can see them making some cameos with Matt.

Messi

Seems like it. Look up Bookdepository or Amazon Germany, there are still plenty copys avaiable.

Nothing for sure yet, but Alias, Luke Cage and Iron Fist are supposed to coming out before that. I can see them making some cameos with Matt.

I can't find any on book deposit :(

Vyer

Yep. Batman fighting in those movies never clicked with me. He just felt like a big dumb guy whacking people with his forearms. I hope Batfleck is more ninja-esque and fluid in his fighting, but I doubt it.

the Batman vs. Bane first fight though really is great. The slow brutality of it really sells Bane destroying a broken man.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I can't find any on book deposit :(
Thats strange, they usually use the same storage as my local Amazon store does and they have 8 and more to be delivered copys avaiable... Hm.

If you want, we can click tomorrow through Amazon Germany together, I can help you where to click and everything. Shipping should not be that much.

i can't binge. I miss out on vital information after I get too fatigued. 3 episodes at most for me at a time.

I can't even do that. Daredevil will probably take me two months at least. And that's provided I don't lose interest like I do in every other show I try to watch.

I'm the best Netflix customer. I watch nothing, and pay every month regardless.

Messi

Thats strange, they usually use the same storage as my local Amazon store does and they have 8 and more to be delivered copys avaiable... Hm.

If you want, we can click tomorrow through Amazon Germany together, I can help you where to click and everything. Shipping should not be that much.

How much is it on there?

Zombine

Banned
I can't even do that. Daredevil will probably take me two months at least. And that's provided I don't lose interest like I do in every other show I try to watch.

I'm the best Netflix customer. I watch nothing, and pay every month regardless.

It's like you were made for an American gym membership as well! Lol

Went straight for 10 hours/episodes. Felt like shit in the end.

I think that's the name of the netflix marathon achievement on Xbox.

Yo dat Rage of Ultron.

It's awesome.

So this takes place after Secret Wars? Interesting. Inverted Sabretooth is still a thing. But man, Hank Pym and Ultron fusing together is crazy. Guess we won't see Hank returning for a while. Ultron before that is pretty damn scary btw.

And man the Opena art is ace. Love his style.

As far as I know there has been
no confirmation as to RoU's time period pre or post SW

It's like you were made for an American gym membership as well! Lol

The woman who got me my job (it's sort of like an agency, but for crazy people like myself) is adamant I need to start going to a gym since I need to relax more apparently. I went to the nearest one, looked at the prices as was like NOPE NOPE NOPE! They wanted €300 for six months, plus a €100 deposit. I told her I'd feel more relaxed if I withdrew the money and just lit it on fire.

I'll probably cave eventually. €400 is an awful pill to swallow when you've spent two grand in a week though.

The woman who got me my job (it's sort of like an agency, but for crazy people like myself) is adamant I need to start going to a gym since I need to relax more apparently. I went to the nearest one, looked at the prices as was like NOPE NOPE NOPE! They wanted €300 for six months, plus a €100 deposit. I told her I'd feel more relaxed if I withdrew the money and just lit it on fire.

I'll probably cave eventually. €400 is an awful pill to swallow when you've spent two grand in a week though.

Those prices are absolutely nuts. Come to fitness gaf, we got some euro people that might help you with better options.

Alternatively, they can also set you up with a bodyweight regimen that you`ll probably drop as soon as the first DOMS hits.

Nega-alternatively, beachbody workouts are the bomb. there's a thread for that too.

Boogiepop

Right, shotgun comic impressions, since I kind of forgot to post about what I was reading for a few days:

Journey into Mystery Featuring Sif: I liked it well enough and definitely agree with the sentiment I've heard that it got cancelled too soon. Didn't blow me away though. I feel like the biggest problem I had was that, for me, Sif didn't have a chance to form too much of a character or really stand out much. Like, it didn't help that
she was hopped up on berserker magic and thus not in her right frame of mind for most all of the first volume.
Second volume I did find pretty darn fun, mostly thanks to Beta Ray Bill. Actually my first time reading him. Any other particularly good stories/runs/whatever with him? Also, of all things, this+the run with Kid Loki have me kind of totally wanting a Volstagg comic. He's surprisingly fun for a guy who spends a ton of time mainly being the target for fat jokes.

Black Science: Really, really enjoyed this. I want the third volume, like, asap! Also, any other good reality hopping comics outside of this and the good part of Exiles? It's always kind of appealed to me as a concept...

Ms Marvel Vol. #2: Still having a ton of fun with this. It's definitely flawed, but I really like it, and it's still bringing me back to my younger days of really loving the Static Shock cartoon. Sure, it's dumb at times
with her not terribly thought through speech getting through to the kids who decided to give up on life and be Matrix-knockoff batteries being especially corny and silly, and of course the doge thing
, but it's fun dumb. And I'm glad to see that the crossover stuff I knew was coming didn't feel as shoehorned in as I was expecting, and they actually tied it in solidly, IMO.

Loki: Agent of ASGARD: Not as much to say here. Solid enough and fun enough that I want to keep reading. It's totally unfairly being weighed against Kid Loki in my head though. But yeah, I'll be interested to see how this one progresses.

And then I read the first story arc from the Busiek/Perez Avengers omnibus. It definitely straddles an interesting line between the old and the new. Oh, and the Spidey cameo was fun. Had he been an Avenger by that point or did he just kind of show up in the crowd?

Daredevil got me excited to read some comics, so I used this new found inspiration to read some Daredevil

Starting the Bendis run since well, I just wanted to. Read through the first arc (if you want to call it then), focusing on Ben Urich doing the story on Leap Frog's kid, and that was a great read. The dialogue, text boxes, and art (which was absolutely gorgeous) all just flowed beautifully. Seriously, those ~100 pages just flew by. I think I'm gonna enjoy this if the rest of the run is as good as this start.

tim1138

Daredevil got me excited to read some comics, so I used this new found inspiration to read some Daredevil

Starting the Bendis run since well, I just wanted to. Read through the first arc (if you want to call it then), focusing on Ben Urich doing the story on Leap Frog's kid, and that was a great read. The dialogue, text boxes, and art (which was absolutely gorgeous) all just flowed beautifully. Seriously, those ~100 pages just flew by. I think I'm gonna enjoy this if the rest of the run is as good as this start.

The Bendis/Maleev run is really good.

Top Bottom