• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

PsychBat!

Banned
A) Huh?

B) This is a Daredevil thread?

The excuse "He started it".

You know, in the end, it really doesn't matter right? Whoever started it? No one cares. What matters is that it goes away and is never talked about again in a serious capacity or else it just blows up. It blows up in every Arrow, Flash, AoS, Agent Carter AND now Daredevil thread because for some reason, it's a competition. And it's not a competition about who can make a better argument that "X" is better than "Y". It got to the point that it's about who can make better drive by posts defending a television program. It goes on with posters also insulting what other people like and then finally, insulting the people themselves. That kind of thing really has no place in a thread where it's nice and safe to talk about something we love: comics. And yeah, sometimes we don't like comics other people like, but we control ourselves. Whereas the behavior in OT regarding superheroes in movies/television is unpleasant and out of control. I'm just talking about comic book shows by the way, not everywhere in OT.

And yes, I'm fully aware this isn't a Daredevil thread.

PsychBat!

Banned
I started Daredevil and i had comparisons with Arrow in mind and i kept them to myself for you Psychbat.

It just blows up, you know? People have fights like in other TV threads and it really doesn't want to make me participate when you get replies with comments like "well this is better than that, no offense" and then never see any other post from them again. And I just watered it down, that example could have been littered with insults.

The excuse "He started it".

You know, in the end, it really doesn't matter right? Whoever started it? No one cares. What matters is that it goes away and is never talked about again in a serious capacity or else it just blows up. It blows up in every Arrow, Flash, AoS, Agent Carter AND now Daredevil thread because for some reason, it's a competition. And it's not a competition about who can make a better argument that "X" is better than "Y". It got to the point that it's about who can make better drive by posts defending a television program. It goes on with posters also insulting what other people like and then finally, insulting the people themselves. That kind of thing really has no place in a thread where it's nice and safe to talk about something we love: comics. And yeah, sometimes we don't like comics other people like, but we control ourselves. Whereas the behavior in OT regarding superheroes in movies/television is unpleasant and out of control. I'm just talking about comic book shows by the way, not everywhere in OT.

And yes, I'm fully aware this isn't a Daredevil thread.

I apologize for upsetting you; in the future, I'll keep any comparisons to myself. I just ask that others do the same.

Messi

Oh god, can't wait. I've loved the last two games. Really looking forward to seeing Yennefer and Ciri. I've read the four Witcher books that were translated into English so far.

Do those books have
sexy blood nymphos in them?

LINE IN THE SAND!

DC OR MARVEL. PICK A SIDE. I need to know who the good ones are.

what was that other thing? Halo with capes?
I think it's from that movie where that guy who's sorta dressed like Superman breaks that other guy's neck. Y'know, "Extraterrestrial Neck-Snappers" or something.

Talking about actual comics for a change, I read the latest issue of Black Science tonight and that is definitely a horrible, horrible way to die. Everyone's f*cked.

Also, Howard's cliffhanger ending is such a head-scratcher you can't help but pick up the next issue.

PsychBat!

Banned
I apologize for upsetting you; in the future, I'll keep any comparisons to myself. I just ask that others do the same.
I'm not upset, it's just we get these lazy comparisons in every other superhero TV thread in OT and it devolves in to something toxic and from the outside looking in, no newcomer will ever join a community of fellow fans because of that.

If anyone wants to make a comparison, that's fine, but it really has to be something more than posting a gif. Say something that makes sense.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Marvel vs DC fanboism is the worst. Its like being a fanboy of a movie distributor lol

I only watch Paramount Pictures bro!

At least console wars makes a little sense, you have these 13 year olds asking their parents for a system they're gonna be stuck with for five or six years,it makes sense that they want to debate and protect the system their stuck with.

But fucking books and movies?
Theres no large investment you need to buy in to enjoy anything, you can just buy it all!

I'm not upset, it's just we get these lazy comparisons in every other superhero TV thread in OT and it devolves in to something toxic and from the outside looking in, no newcomer will ever join a community of fellow fans because of that.

If anyone wants to make a comparison, that's fine, but it really has to be something more than posting a gif. Say something that makes sense.

Alright.

I don't think that blanket statements like "DC has shitty fights" are true, because *insert MoS gif here* exists. That's all I was saying.

I'm not a fanboy, I just... I like DC stuff, and it tends to get ragged on, which is... whatever, people around here generally prefer Marvel, that's fine. But I can't say anything about it? I wasn't even saying shit about Marvel, they do fights just fine.

Bii

Probably shouldn't try to take pics at this hour but ehhhhhh

MvmVsUn.jpg

All-New Hawkeye #2 wasn't that bad. Aside from the constant childhood flashbacks, I thought it was enjoyable. Lemire's been hit-or-miss for me. I didn't particularly like Trillium and his run on Green Arrow wasn't as great as some here made out to be, but I do enjoy the first two issues of Descender and All-New Hawkeye.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
One episode into DD and please let there be more rain fights. I need more rain fights.

mreddie

Playable Goro sold me on it.

I liked MK4. It went back to MK's roots and got rid of all the stupid -alities they added in the 87 versions of MK3.

Holy shit, I would kill for Sheeva to be added to MKX at some point. Sexy Shokan is sexy. :O

I do argee MK3 is the weakest (and I did owned MK Trilogy because I was stupid) but I kinda was cold about MK4, and yet oddly, I liked DA though Armageddon.

I'm at the last boss in Bloodborne. The last boss most people get, not the secret last boss. Anyways, I'm really proud of myself for playing it. I usually hate hard and creepy games but I did it. Didn't let my nerves get the best of me.

Wife and I watched the first 2 episodes of Daredevil and loved it. Those 2 episodes were better than the entire S3 of Arrow. What's the Daredevil run to go to that matches the darkness of this show?

I'm at the last boss in Bloodborne. The last boss most people get, not the secret last boss. Anyways, I'm really proud of myself for playing it. I usually hate hard and creepy games but I did it. Didn't let my nerves get the best of me.

Did you actually beat him yet? I just finished the game yesterday. I was stuck on him for a couple days, then it just clicked for me. After that, it took me a few tries to kill secret last boss.

Did you actually beat him yet? I just finished the game yesterday. I was stuck on him for a couple days, then it just clicked for me. After that, it took me a few tries to kill secret last boss.

Not yet, tried him 3 times, ran out of viles. Need to get more. I won't get secret boss because somehow I only managed to get 2 cords and actually used one because I didn't know what it was for when I got it.

Sandfox

Watching Daredevil makes me want to read the Bendis and Waid runs of the book lol. Also, looking at the March sales numbers, things sure have changed for Marvel and DC compared to how things looked when the New 52 was new.

I thought the appeal of Gwen as Spider-Man was because it was a neat take on that character, and an awesome way to un-do a lot of the cringe worthy horse shit that she went through over the years?

Edit: I'm not saying I don't enjoy the covers, but I do think that Marvel doesn't get what made the whole Gwen + Spider-Man thing work.

Marvel is just taking advantage of Gwen's popularity and trying to milk as much money as they can like DC does. Now we need to see what they do next.

Not yet, tried him 3 times, ran out of viles. Need to get more. I won't get secret boss because somehow I only managed to get 2 cords and actually used one because I didn't know what it was for when I got it.

Best place to farm viles is probably either
Forbidden Woods, or Mergot's Loft: Middle (which is great for farming both Blood Echoes AND viles). If you teleport to the Mergot's Loft: Middle lantern, and just fight your way to the one where you fought Wet Nurse,
you can get a ton of Blood Echoes each trip.

As for the cords, there are four in the game. I got three without even knowing what I was doing. You have to "use" three to get the secret boss, so if you used one instead of selling it, you should be alright to track down the other two.

Top Bottom