• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Mudcrab

Ultimate_End_1_Preview_3.jpg

No Miles?

NEO0MJ

just read vol.9 of Chew.
What the fuck was that last page? Why did John kill Poyo? There's a chance that might not be the real Poyo but still, what made john do it.

So, any idea when vol.10 will be out?

mreddie

I will take this if young Jean and young Iceman live on.

Please don't take away young Jean marvel.

You gotta place them back because continuity and blah blah blah...

Agreed. It's not like the Young X Men are needed in their own time anyways.

mreddie

I need them here :(

No, I agree with you. It's just this whole All New XMen thing likely has fucked over the timeline 123 times which Jean's powers evolving early and the younger selves developing too quickly since they know what their present selves have done.

Messi

No, I agree with you. It's just this whole All New XMen thing likely has fucked over the timeline 123 times which Jean's powers evolving early and the younger selves developing too quickly since they know what their present selves have done.

They will get thrown back and we will never hear what happened to them. It's sad but true. I'd even love a book about them in their own time drawn by immonen :D

Just watched the first episode of Daredevil. Pretty good, though I think people are overhyping it a little. Like the pilot for an above-average crime procedural w/ a serial arc built into it, and also Daredevil.

Just watched the first episode of Daredevil. Pretty good, though I think people are overhyping it a little. Like the pilot for an above-average crime procedural w/ a serial arc built into it, but with Daredevil.

Nah. It's perfect.

And I never dabble in hyperbole. It's something I've never done even once my entire life.

Cade

Just watched the first episode of Daredevil. Pretty good, though I think people are overhyping it a little. Like the pilot for an above-average crime procedural w/ a serial arc built into it, and also Daredevil.

I thought the first episode was good, but it's definitely a show that builds up.

Can't link it since I'm on my phone but there's this awkward twitter conversation between Sophie Campbell, Kelly Thompson and a fan.

The fan edited a Jem and Holograms piece of art by Campbell to have a smaller waist and bigger boobs.

Can't link it since I'm on my phone but there's this awkward twitter conversation between Sophie Campbell, Kelly Thompson and a fan.

The fan edited a Jem and Holograms piece of art by Campbell to have a smaller waist and bigger boobs.

Umm. Uuuuuuuuumm.

Okay, I'm not against editing artwork for normal internet purposes, but that edit sounds like it has questionable intentions.

Owzers

First episode was okay, next two were better. I would give the first three an average of a random 8/10.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Has Chris Burnham announced what he's moving onto after Nameless? The dude needs aa good ongoing, because I want to see his art every damn month.

it's not the best show of the year or anything, but it's certainly the best comic book show yet (which is actually a lofty goal now with the Flash's existence) and I'd also say the best MCU property (maybe Iron Man 1 or cap 2 is up there though)

it's not the best show of the year or anything, but it's certainly the best comic book show yet (which is actually a lofty goal now with the Flash's existence) and I'd also say the best MCU property (maybe Iron Man 1 or cap 2 is up there though)

I'd say that so far (nearly halfway through episode 3), I prefer both Cap 2 and The Flash to it. Cap's got the edge in action, and Flash is just so damn fun.

I tried an episode of Flash. It's not CW because The 100 is absolutely phenomenal, but it all looked flimsy and silly.

Which episode? Anything with the Reverse Flash is straight-up GOAT tier.

That time travel one that was just on?

There was all this super dumb Captain Cold stuff and his sister? Who like shoots gold?

Flash's rogues barely get my respect in comics because they're so damn stupid, but watching them walk around in real life? Brought to life by the world class brother brother team that brough you the gravitas of every episode of Prison Break?

Yeah, not really.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
unnamed project with Mark Millar

i mean, probably

Yo, you bite your fucking tongue, Serp. I'm still pretty happy in life with my "buy absolutely no Mark Millar books" policy.

There was all this super dumb Captain Cold stuff and his sister? Who like shoots gold?

Flash's rogues barely get my respect in comics because they're so damn stupid, but watching them walk around in real life? Brought to life by the world class brother brother team that brough you the gravitas of every episode of Prison Break?

Yeah, not really.
When done right (see Johns Final Criss: Rogues' Revenge) The Rogues can be incredibly interesting and awesome in their roles as normal crooks with a code playing games with a bunch of gods. I really wish a competent writer would take over the Flash comics and write some damn Rogues stories.

Yeah, not really.

Ah, yeah. If that's all you watched, I can see that one being underwhelming. Works incredibly well with the previous episode, though.

Zombine

Banned
There is only one speech in Rage that I find flimsy as shit, and it's when
Sam goes on that "I'm not sure if there is a god/soul" speech.
for real? Half of these dudes have had first hand encounters. Someone fill him in that
Peter has legit been to heaven and chilled with all his dead friends.

Reminds me when a Korean artist edited Faith:

ku-xlarge.jpg

He knows what he likes.

Top Bottom