• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

PsychBat!

Banned
A-Goofy-Movie-Gif-childhood-animated-movie-heroes-37167238-300-225.gif

PsychBat!

Banned
I did log off (even though I feared that I might have forgotten my password) and checked the Comic GAF thread. Tetrax found out, you Tetrax you.

Baron, let's just agree to disagree.

Owzers

Rage of Ultron - I liked the part where Pym
used his device to "kill" the descendants and the dialogue exchange around it
but after that it started to feel like another busy cape book. The actions scenes aren't memorable, just like Axis, it was mainly a bunch of punching to fill the pages in the middle, but it does have some decent Spider-Man jokes. I'm also not sure i understood the end...
Ultron merged with Hank to form Ultrahank, Eros gave him a self-love dose, and then Ultrahank realized what exactly? How flawed he was? And then he went into space.
I'm not sure i liked this one.

Squire

Banned
What is he saying?

Spoiler ing this just in case.

He was saying it doesn't make sense for no one to know who Kingpin is and then for him to be able to call a press conference. The problem is everyone knows who he is and the media, police force, and anyone else with influence or a connection to his organization is either paid off, too terrified of both to mention him.

Everyone knows Fisk. Every time Matt puts on the suit (I'm up to episode 10) he's going out to try and coerce someone into talking. It's the crux of the show.

His tweets come off smarmily, but he has no leg to stand on.

Just answer me this. Was it an OT thread?

RG0BS1U.gif

Welcome back, fam.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Is Cameron Stewart sort of obnoxious?

He's trying to paint things in Daredevil as random inconsistencies on Twitter right now, even though they're things that make perfect sense if you would just pay attention.

Cameron Stewart's criticisms/attempts to be comedic regarding Daredevil are about as good as his writing on Batgirl.

haha oh wow

Im glad he shared this

Cameron Stewart's criticisms/attempts to be comedic regarding Daredevil are about as good as his writing on Batgirl.

Checked those out. He seems like he just missed parts of the show. Kingpin literally says 'reach out to our contacts in the media'

Also, the cuff links thing. I doubt Fisk actually put together his entire closet. I'd actually like to see an ep 0 for Daredevil. It should have Fisk decorating his place and looking at color swatches. When he buys new cuff links, Wesley can lean and say 'Sir, you know you'll never wear those'

Just finished the Hardcore arc in Bendis's Daredevil and I'm so happy I decided to start this series. It's such an addicting read and it just keeps going and going. This is Bendis in peak conditions with prep time.

Maleev does a great job on art duties too. Everything looks gritty, grimy, and dirty and it's just a perfect fit for Hell's Kitchen.

So, read the first volume of JL3K.

When does it start getting better? At the moment things look more or less hopeless and everybody's still an asshole.

So, read the first volume of JL3K.

When does it start getting better? At the moment things look more or less hopeless and everybody's still an asshole.

Once they
get away from Cadmus and make it to Planet Camelot
. I'd say they mellow out the most around issue 10+. But you see alot of it happening in the second volume. Also a certain character has something happen to them
Terri
and the introduction of the second string of characters helps.

Keep in mind it's still weird and bizarre.

Cade

I had a friend host Shareplay with it with me earlier. Pretty fun game, MK's not really my thing but anything is fun with a pal.

What issue does the first trade end with?

Around issue 8, if I had to guess. Flash just
died, again
and the big bad just unveiled himself.

Once they
get away from Cadmus and make it to Planet Camelot
. I'd say they mellow out the most around issue 10+. But you see alot of it happening in the second volume. Also a certain character has something happen to them
Terri
and the introduction of the second string of characters helps.

Keep in mind it's still weird and bizarre.

Good to hear, I'll keep going.

Good to hear, I'll keep going.

I had a similar experience to you. I actually dropped it then got back on. I don't know if you'll have the same experience but it worked for me.

I think
Terri Flash, Fire and Ice and Booster Gold/Blue Beetle
fixed many of the books problems.

Also the solicit for a female Guy Gardner really has me fascinated.

Top Bottom