• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Tizoc

What's this from?
5o971fW.jpg

Welp, Star Wars has my full attention right now... please be good.

In other news, I started reading All-Star Superman for the first time ever last night and damn is that first page a great, concise re-introduction to his origin story.

That's Superman's origin done as 4 panels in 1 page.
One of many great moments from the book.

ElNarez

Banned
I didn't get what Sunstone was about.

And now I do.

OKAY.

The Image edition on comixology worth it or should I try to remember my deviantart password?

Messi

Yeah, get the comixology version. He actually went through and retouched all of the art for the proper release.

Retouched makes it sound like he didn't do much he redid loads of the art and added splash pages ect. It looks amazing now.

The trade is the way to go. When you finish that volume and book two at the end of this month you are gonna want that password. The deviant art is up to the end of book 4.

AV: Second Cycle #7

haha, The Vassals are really in deep shit. They're like locked up in a cage with a really mean Lion which is Skinner Sweet

whoops, fell asleep

ElNarez

Banned
so hey turns out queer romance, BDSM and very pointed Soul Calibur jokes are kinda sorta literally exactly my language who the fuck knew

deep down inside I did really

good on me

sunstone: get it

Vibranium

Banned
It's hilarious how Aaron already revealed who lady Thor is before the next issue, and it's the person most people knew who it was from the start.
I hope Roz gets some actual development because I am a way bigger fan of Thor and Sif together than anyone else. She hasn't made much of an impression other than being a quippy supposed environmental person with a gun.

Unless of course he decides to pull a Steven Moffat and use it as a red herring...but I don't think so unfortunately.

fauxtrot

Banned
AV: Second Cycle #7

haha, The Vassals are really in deep shit. They're like locked up in a cage with a really mean Lion which is Skinner Sweet.

I know you're new here, but yeah... spoiler tag your posts when necessary, brah. That issue just came out like yesterday, didn't it? We are supposed to wait at least a month before not using spoiler tags. I do it for all my posts because a lot of people are dirty trade-waiters.

I know you're new here, but yeah... spoiler tag your posts when necessary, brah. That issue just came out like yesterday, didn't it? We are supposed to wait at least a month before not using spoiler tags. I do it for all my posts because a lot of people are dirty trade-waiters.

OP says a week, but a month is certainly fair.

Vibranium

Banned
That would be a lot of wasted pages if so.

I kinda like the idea of Sif going out and getting her own man, personally.

Hmm, maybe. Perhaps I am just hoping for a crazy twist.

As for Sif, I still like her and Thor together, though if she ever got her own book again that might be a good idea. The third movie should totally ignore Portman as Jane and go with the superior Jaimie Alexander if you ask me.

Messi

I know, can't wait!

Also Aphrodite Hardcover next week. :D

Marion (and chapter 4 spoilers)
up until recently held the title of most heartbreaking moment in the series, you know the one I mean. I dont wanna say it as book 2 is about to come out. but that left my mouth wide open. It distressed me more than it probably should have as she is not real. But then in the recent end of chapter 4 Lisa broke my heart more than anything else in the series. Poor Ally :(. The look Ally gave her when Lisa said she had no friends :(

Marion (and chapter 4 spoilers)
up until recently held the title of most heartbreaking moment in the series, you know the one I mean. I dont wanna say it as book 2 is about to come out. but that left my mouth wide open. It distressed me more than it probably should have as she is not real.

There was a
quote that I like somewhere in Sandman in reference to stories.. *gets out copy of The Quotable Sandman (yes, I have one)* - "Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

If a story has any effect on you at all, then it's real enough, and so are the characters.

Messi

There was a
quote that I like somewhere in Sandman in reference to stories.. *gets out copy of The Quotable Sandman (yes, I have one)* - "Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

If a story has any effect on you at all, then it's real enough, and so are the characters.

Well then it absolutely had an effect on me.

Messi

It's weird. I read so mamy comics, and so few of them can make me genuinely feel something like that.

You felt nothing when that moment happened?
It was absolutely the furthest thing from my mind in Sunstone. In my mind I had decided the book was safe and that no harm (other than emotional) would come to the characters. To see someones obsession and short sightedness come back to hurt them so badly was a wake up call. Some of those panels are really fucking effective. It also made me look up safety techniques for that stuff.

WE3 fucked me up pretty bad too. Couldn't stop thinking about that one for days after. The whole thing is just so fucked up.

You felt nothing when that moment happened?

WE3 fucked me up pretty bad too. Couldn't stop thinking about that one for days after. The whole thing is just so fucked up.

No, no, I totally did. I'm saying most times I read comics, I'm just reading a story. I don't often get emotionally invested the way I do with Sunstone. Though yesterday's Uncanny X-Men hit me with a couple feels. We3 was definitely a rough one, too.

Messi

No, no, I totally did. I'm saying most times I read comics, I'm just reading a story. I don't often get emotionally invested the way I do with Sunstone. Though yesterday's Uncanny X-Men hit me with a couple feels. We3 was definitely a rough one, too.

I imagine with Marion sejic is going to have to go back to that moment and show us how she came back from that and moved forward. That will be facinating to see. I also really hope moving to her and alans story does not make us lose out on the main crux of what I love about Sunstone, ally and lisa. I know he says it wont but what else is he gonna say. I already feel like Ann is a bystander in that relationship and im not her biggest fan. That said...I love Alan and Marion.

I imagine with Marion sejic is going to have to go back to that moment and show us how she came back from that and moved forward. That will be facinating to see. I also really hope moving to her and alans story does not make us lose out on the main crux of what I love about Sunstone, ally and lisa. I know he says it wont but what else is he gonna say. I already feel like Ann is a bystander in that relationship and im not her biggest fan. That said...I love Alan and Marion.

Yeah, I got excited when I read his tumblr post where he said Marion is going to be written as a protagonist. Really looking forward to getting to know more about her. I'm glad she's not just a support character never to be seen again

Zombine

Banned
I still can't get over the fact that Dark Horse wont put their books up on Comixology. It's beyond stubborn. It's borderline publisher/creator suicide. Exposure is the key to success.

Top Bottom