• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just read Dan Slott's She Hulk #1 (the 2004 one). Is it me or this book wouldn't fly in 2015, at least She Hulk's portray

That aside I really liked it

Cade

Guys I read all of Nextwave today since it's 12 issues and it fits onto MU's 12-issue-offline limit. It was great. Good Comics™

Cheska

Trying to decide what I want to bring to Big Wow Comic Fest thing weekened, and I'm getting overwhelmed O_O I mean, it's cool to get shit signed, but I hate lugging it around or having to go all the way back to the car. I really want to bring one of my Adam Hughes Cover Girl statues to have him sign, but then I'd worry about it breaking :(

tim1138

Trying to decide what I want to bring to Big Wow Comic Fest thing weekened, and I'm getting overwhelmed O_O I mean, it's cool to get shit signed, but I hate lugging it around or having to go all the way back to the car. I really want to bring one of my Adam Hughes Cover Girl statues to have him sign, but then I'd worry about it breaking :(

Bisette and Steranko? Nice.

Bii

I'm just bringing a dozen or so comics. I want to bring my Precious Cargo poster by Paolo Rivera but didn't want to be bothered bringing a tube with me.

Cade

guys he's asking if he bleeds, because if you cut a man does he not bleed is superman a man or is he more than a man???? makes u think

Cade

I'm just harshing the trailer's mellow, it looked pretty good. I'll give Snyderverse one more chance and then presumably each director one chance each.

Bendis

Gonna read through Waid's run next since I already started it a while ago. I have heard good things about The Devil in Cell Block D so I would like to read that sometime.

The Brubaker run picks up right after the Bendis run. I mean, like, RIGHT after. You need to read straight through. You'll be glad you did.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What do you mean by that?

I really enjoyed that series. You could tell Slott had a lot of fun writing it

Actually forget I said anything, I've tried twice to make a post explaining what I mean and twice I've failed in not possibly offending someone and deleted it (lol), so I won't open that can of worms.

Let's just leave it at "5 issues in I'm loving the series" :) A lot more lawyering than I expected which is great, and the art is lovely.

Jintor

So i've got a tablet. I want to read comics again. I know I can't buy physical comics, because the shipping will be exhorbitant, I don't have the shelf space, and I'm definitely moving in a year and a half anyway. Thus, tablet.

So what do I need to do to get the most comics for the cheapest price and the most convenient? Ideally I want to pay little money, make one account if any, and have a bunch of stuff just d/l to the tablet that I can read on the move if I want.

Don't really mind Marvel/DC/indie, I'll find something to read. I suspect comixology app? Educate me, please.

Picked up those Dynamite bundles on Comixology, everyone was right with the Bob's Burgers comic, it's absolutely brilliant. It helped that I read each character in their respective voices too. Definitely buying the trade now!

SoilBreak

Banned
So i've got a tablet. I want to read comics again. I know I can't buy physical comics, because the shipping will be exhorbitant, I don't have the shelf space, and I'm definitely moving in a year and a half anyway. Thus, tablet.

So what do I need to do to get the most comics for the cheapest price and the most convenient? Ideally I want to pay little money, make one account if any, and have a bunch of stuff just d/l to the tablet that I can read on the move if I want.

Don't really mind Marvel/DC/indie, I'll find something to read. I suspect comixology app? Educate me, please.

What about Marvel Unlimited? It's $10 a month for a big library of comics.

Here's a free Month of MU with a promo code: STARWARS

The cheapest options are going to be the digital subscription services, the main ones are Marvel Unlimited and Scribd. MU is obviously just Marvel, it has a rather large library of just about everything you can think of and it receives all issues of ongoing series with a 6-month delay. Scribd is newer and its library isn't as massive as MU, but they offer Marvel, IDW, Valiant, Boom, and several other publishers. It's the cheapest way to read IDW series so if you're interested in TMNT or Transformers, it's worth it.

As posted, there is currently a promotion going on for MU with the STARWARS promo code, so check that out for sure.

For buying comics, Comixology is the main place. Basically every publisher except Dark Horse is on there and they regularly have good sales going on.

Humble Bundle also offers comics bundles every now and then. They're usually really great deals.

Really?

Well damn.

Does it at least end on a somewhat "conclusive" note? If yes i will collect the rest of them for the sake of completion. I think i stopped reading at Vol. 4 or something hmmm

Yes after 3 1/2 years they stop giving a shit about THE BABY!!!! I'm sorry but that run on WW is overhyped. It was good, but not great, and so fucking dragged out.

I'm a big Superman fan, and I don't like All Star Superman. I am the 1%

Zombine

Banned

Worst mistake I made at NYCC was buying that Uncharted Art Book right at the beginning of the show on Thursday. I'm a pretty big dude but even I couldn't handle the shitty plastic bag that turned the handles into these tiny ropes that kept rubbing against my fingers. I had to go back and drop my shit off. I'm going to be a little smarter this year.

Hellers

Much as it's nice to see the old versions of the characters again and it may be just me but isn't Convergence just a steaming pile of shite?

I'm just getting caught up but I loved Deadpool 45. Darkly humorous grim ending and the backup stories were hilarious. I'm really getting hyped for Secret Wars and more importantly what comes afterwards.

I did it! Got my holy grail.. it hurt.
Batman8.jpeg

Also go some goodies to get signed

I plan on having Robbi Rodriguez do a sketch on my Spider-Gwen blank cover.
I actually messaged him on FB and got a response back about commissions and stuff. Was really surprised to get a response.

Fuckin Hyped yalllll

My first impression is that Affleck is an intimidating Batman.

I'm not sure if I'll see it, though. Still haven't seen Man of Steel, and I don't exactly hear it's a very good movie.

Tizoc

Archive vs. Predator #1
Well that turned bloody real fast lol.

Megaman #48
Say what?

Just read Dan Slott's She Hulk #1 (the 2004 one). Is it me or this book wouldn't fly in 2015, at least She Hulk's portray

That aside I really liked it

I recall the Dan Slott She-Hulk comic being very good, but the later half of the 2nd series was meh at best.

Top Bottom