• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bii

So here's my display room. I'm not sure how this compares to other collections but I like how its turned out so far. Essentially the dining room was replaced for a room to display statues and figurines. Here's my collection so far, and I'll update it when the new statues show up:

Let me know what you think.

That is a very impressive collection. Where are all your floppies/trades? :p

Okay guys while I got you all here, what rules do you follow when it comes to your collection? Does it stay in a dedicated room like my stuff, or does it bleed out into other rooms if you have your own house/apartment?

Strictly speaking comics, I have all of my trades on a shelf that's currently in the dining area and then my short boxes are situated next to my computer desk, which is in the living room. Those are temporary placements as I would like to get them together in either my bedroom or my son's bedroom in the near future. Figures are littered around the house but like my comics, I would like them to be confined to one area eventually.

-

Original Sin #6

6di7c4b.jpg

This Marvel event still has my attention. After having a red a few Marvel events the past few weeks (Fear Itself, Civil War, Secret Invasion and House of M), I can see why others are reluctant to jump on Original Sin. It's been entertaining throughout and it's difficult to take pictures now without spoiling things. One of the problems I've been having with this event (and others before it), is the necessity for characters to huddle around in a group as someone explains something so the plot can move forward. I get it; it's a common trope but would like to see the writers take a different approach on how they should progress character interactions.

I have a Marvel digital code for Original Sin #6; first person to reply requesting it will get my PM.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Strictly speaking comics, I have all of my trades on a shelf that's currently in the dining area and then my short boxes are situated next to my computer desk, which is in the living room. Those are temporary placements as I would like to get them together in either my bedroom or my son's bedroom in the near future. Figures are littered around the house but like my comics, I would like them to be confined to one area eventually.

-

Original Sin #6

This Marvel event still has my attention. After having a red a few Marvel events the past few weeks (Fear Itself, Civil War, Secret Invasion and House of M), I can see why others are reluctant to jump on Original Sin. It's been entertaining throughout and it's difficult to take pictures now without spoiling things. One of the problems I've been having with this event (and others before it), is the necessity for characters to huddle around in a group as someone explains something so the plot can move forward. I get it; it's a common trope but would like to see the writers take a different approach on how they should progress character interactions.

I have a Marvel digital code for Original Sin #6; first person to reply requesting it will get my PM.
I would like to have it^^

I need to catch up on the Batman Beyond comics, someone list the series that comprimise it please.

It's a little tricky for the first few parts but it goes something like this:

Pre-2010 24 issue series (hard to find, out of print, ignore)
2010: 6 issue mini. Batman Beyond Hush
2011: 8 issue mini. Heart of the Matter and Industrial Revolution.
2012: 15 issues. 10,000 Clowns, Undercloud, Batgirl Beyond. (Batman Beyond Unlimited) Also Justice League Unlimited (Same book if hard copy)
2013-Now: Batman Beyond Universe, (Batman Beyond 2.0 and Justice League Beyond 2.0)

Catching up on Detective Comics. God damn this art is just gorgeous.

How do you feel about the writing? As someone who never did get around to reading their Flash run, I look at those previews of Manapul/Buccaletto stuff and think "jesus, I need to get this". Can't ignore the fact though that review scores always seem to dip, sometimes massively, when Manapul takes a break from the run. Makes me think the writing is not that great?

How do you feel about the writing? As someone who never did get around to reading their Flash run, I look at those previews of Manapul/Buccaletto stuff and think "jesus, I need to get this". Can't ignore the fact though that review scores always seem to dip, sometimes massively, when Manapul takes a break from the run. Makes me think the writing is not that great?

I've heard some people complain about the writing, at times, but it's one of those things that I've never understood. It never comes off as that bad. I think people have issue with the scripting, rather than the dialogue, because I actually think the characters interactions are solid. This particular Batman arc has been very detective focused, showing us how Batman makes certain connections and how he uses gadgets, and Alfred, to do his job. Anyways, I enjoyed what I've read so far.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Wow, these statues looks amazing.

(What a luck I have exactly zero space in my flat, so I cant buy then... I would get poor because of them.)

Cheska

What is Rachel Rising about?
It's really hard to describe it without giving away major spoilers. Do you like supernatural books? (Not really a spoiler since it's in the basic description of the book, but I know some people can be sensitive about them0
It's basically the story of a young woman who dies and the events that follow. It has an incredible cast of characters that you can't help but love, and the last few issues especially have had quite the comedic take on them as well.
I just made my first Sideshow Collectibles order for 2 hot toys. I feel weak at the knees.

Very nice Messi!! Thor especially looks incredible. I generally tend to avoid the Hot Toys versions but I couldn't resist the Rocket and Groot combo pack :D

Messi

It's really hard to describe it without giving away major spoilers. Do you like supernatural books? (Not really a spoiler since it's in the basic description of the book, but I know some people can be sensitive about them0
It's basically the story of a young woman who dies and the events that follow. It has an incredible cast of characters that you can't help but love, and the last few issues especially have had quite the comedic take on them as well.

Very nice Messi!! Thor especially looks incredible. I generally tend to avoid the Hot Toys versions but I couldn't resist the Rocket and Groot combo pack :D

I want them but I just can't drop that cash right now.

I will get Star Lord though. Depending on the face.

Light armor Thor is incredible though

Cheska

I want them but I just can't drop that cash right now.

I will get Star Lord though. Depending on the face.

Light armor Thor is incredible though

You only have to pay a non-refundable deposit when you order ;) Payments don't start until October for them.

EDIT: Holy crap, speaking of statues, The Last of Us post pandemic one just continues to rise :O Debating if I should sell mine now.

Zombine

Banned

Nice!! I went for the Groot/Rocket Raccoon combo myself. It's the scale that got me to bite on that one. The Kotobukiya statue's scale is all messed up.

Followed!

Back at ya!

Sweet pickups Messi. I know it was a freak thing, but my Hot Toy Catwoman breaking left me sour on that line.

Read Seconds last night and this morning and really enjoyed it. Between this and I was the Cat, It has been really satisfying to read some graphic novels not needing to know back stories or continuing the story somewhere else. Fun developed stories in one book.

Zombine

Banned
Back at ya!

Sweet pickups Messi. I know it was a freak thing, but my Hot Toy Catwoman breaking left me sour on that line.

Ouch...I remember that. The problem was that it had probably been sitting around somewhere damp prior to hitting your shop, and the plastic became super brittle.

Edit: I just pre-ordered the Best-Buy exclusive Assault on Arkham Blu-Ray for the Chintzy Harley Quinn figure because, reasons.

batman-assault-on-arkham-best-buy-exclusive-edition.jpg

Floppies are all stored in the garage in long boxes. I have too many of them (30+) and i need to get them all organized at some point. Its part of the reason why i went digital just to reduce the amount of things to deal with. The trades are stored in my bedroom shelves and in a room I call the library.

So since a couple people seemed interested this is the rest of my collection scattered throughout the house. Here are my previous posts if people care:
Collection of unopened toys
Collection of Display Statues

One thing moving from an apartment to a house I always wanted was a room full of shelves. So when I moved into my home I converted the study into my "Library". This stores a good portion of my game collection (PSOne, Xbox, PS2, GC, Wii, X360, PS3), as well as some of my books, manga, dvds, blu rays, art books, board games, etc. Its also where my spill over of trades are heading

My main collection of trades are in my bedroom shelves

Then there's the rest of my game collection (DS, 3DS, Vita, DC, SNES, N64, 32X, PSP, Saturn, Sega CD, & Genesis). I converted one bedroom into a computer room (with shelves for stuff) and the other into my retro game room for all my older consoles

Alright I'm done. There's other areas of the house but that's where most of the collection of things are. As things show up i might do some updated shots

As a man of taste and quality, my only anime wall scroll is Robotech Shadow Chronicles and the only anime I actually own are Robotech, Vandread and Heroic Age.

Time to sit down and read the last two issues of Green Arrow. End of an era.

Its Sunday again and that meSUPRISE MILLAR MOMENT

jVzIV0LfpDl91.jpg

jC8Z70KBWuKzs.jpg

so edgy
much evil
wow

the original script called for Red Skull to fuck the baby, but that was a bit too graphic for Marvel

Random. A new Mignola project that is apparently unrelated to hellboy (despite looking quite like Hellboy's depiction of Hell). Of all people to tease this, Bendis put it on his tumbler, with this to go with it:

EXCLUSIVE!! NEW MIGNOLA FOR UNANNOUNCED PROJECT!

my mignola fanboygasm this week paid off!! i was just slipped this never before seen mignola cover for an unannounced project. Not Hellboy, not Hellboy in Hell…

something else!

i know you guys like when i drop the mic of friday and here you go! :)

I suppose it could jsut be a cover for a enw dark horse series he has nothing to do with, like the covers he did recently fooor the witcher and aliens vs predator.
Link

I hate Ultimate Marvel outside of Spider-Man. So dumb.

Why did no one inform me that the first volume of the Uncanny X-Force Complete Collection was out? Had to scoop that up today.

Owzers

What in fucks name goes through that man's head?

Something is getting raped, i'll tell you that much, even if it's not his first choice.

Also, i am okay with never buying another Millar book. I loved his first Ultimates run and Red Son, buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt nope nope nope.

Zombine

Banned
Something is getting raped, i'll tell you that much, even if it's not his first choice.

Also, i am okay with never buying another Millar book. I loved his first Ultimates run and Red Son, buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt nope nope nope.

Starlight is really good though. Nobody has gotten raped yet.

VeeP

Anyone read the new Batman Beyond 2.0?

Spoilers for current arc:

It goes into detail of the Bruce-Barbara-Richard love triangle. Bruce and Barbara broke it off, and Dick comes back after the whole Tim was jokerfied thing. Dick and Barbara hits it off and she finds out she's pregnant with Bruce's kid. Daaaamn.

Maddocks

Anyone read the new Batman Beyond 2.0?

Spoilers for current arc:

It goes into detail of the Bruce-Barbara-Richard love triangle. Bruce and Barbara broke it off, and Dick comes back after the whole Tim was jokerfied thing. Dick and Barbara hits it off and she finds out she's pregnant with Bruce's kid. Daaaamn.

So good. It is getting real good and real real. After all these years I still love and want to know everything about the animated series universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom