• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cade

I might end up venturing into the closest comic shop to pick up Multiversity #1 (though LCS would be stretching it as it'd be a 60+ mile trip).

Or I could stay at home and buy it digitally.

or i could.. wait.. for trades.....

EDIT: top of page better rep Lee Bermejo

SecretOrigins.2.part1.low.jpg

Tizoc

I LOVE Jojo everything. The show, the books, the figures, the Capcom game, and I own the Namco one but I haven't put much time into it.

Dio_Brando.jpg

Dio is my favorite.

Did you read Part 4 onwards? Cuz as awesome as Dio is, David Bowie in 4 has much better characterization.

Ulises Farinas absolutely unloaded on Bleeding Cool and Yale Stewart yesterday:

Is he really surprised that national tragedies or flint spark events galvanize people? The whole reason awareness campaigns exist is to remind people that there are those in need, or injustices to be fixed. He seems to be lashing out at someone who supports his cause as opposed to those who don't care. Seems like a case of choosing the wrong enemy and the wrong battle.

tim1138

Is he really surprised that national tragedies or flint spark events galvanize people? The whole reason awareness campaigns exist is to remind people that there are those in need, or injustices to be fixed. He seems to be lashing out at someone who supports his cause as opposed to those who don't care. Seems like a case of choosing the wrong enemy and the wrong battle.

I think Farinas is arguing that Stewart is less interested in raising awareness for the tragedy than he is for raising awareness for himself/his brand.
His post popped up on my feed this morning and I thought it was interesting and worth sharing.

It's good. There was a definite dip for a while, but there's been enough there to keep me hooked and it's had an upswing and is back on track again. I've been following since the start though, and as things are being wrapped up with the book ending at 150 I wouldn't stop reading it now anyway. Having said that, I'd definitely rank it up there as a must-read series. I just had a look back to see what's happened since you stopped reading and there's been a couple of great storylines, the
Cubs in Toyland
one was right up there IMO, and the current
Camelot
one has been interesting too. If you enjoyed the book up until that point I'd definitely recommend catching up, there's enough good story there to carry you through to the end, and by then you'll want to see how it all wraps up.

That's great. Will start reading it again. The series is one of my favourites and I really disliked how it started meandering after the war.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
That's great. Will start reading it again. The series is one of my favourites and I really disliked how it started meandering after the war.

Yeah, after the first big arc ended in 75 there was a definite drop in quality for a little while, but it picked up again, at least in my opinion. I gave up for a while myself, but I went back and caught up, and I'm glad I did. Honestly, with how far you've got and how much you enjoyed the series before that I'd definitely go ahead and check out the rest.

Also, I just read the first six issues of A&L GotG and feel like I just received a crash course in cosmic Marvel. It was kind of overwhelming jumping into this not having read anything before this. Seeing the movie twice was the only thing that saved me.

I have read Rocket Raccoon, Legendary Star-Lord, and now this. Obviously my knowledge is limited but would it be fair that the movie has done the best job at making these characters interesting? I'm not saying this book is bad, it's actually quite entertaining. We talk of definite runs by a writer for a character(s). Is the definite "run" or adaption of these characters now the movie?
Gamora alone has more personality in the first issue of DnA's Guardians than the entire film! That's enough to keep the movie from being definitive for me. They did not do her justice.

tim1138

Question for anyone with the Infinity Gauntlet omnibus, does it include the stuff from the Infinity Gauntlet Aftermath tpb (Infinity Watch, Surfer's mission for the Collector, etc)?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Question for anyone with the Infinity Gauntlet omnibus, does it include the stuff from the Infinity Gauntlet Aftermath tpb (Infinity Watch, Surfer's mission for the Collector, etc)?
Made a photo of the backside with all included issues.

Dw2n1Yl.jpg

Infinity Watch doesnt seem included, regarding the Silver Surfer Issues I have no idea, but maybe can you recognize it from the covers.

Cheska

Ulises Farinas absolutely unloaded on Bleeding Cool and Yale Stewart yesterday

It feels a little like he's blowing this out of proportion.

Isn't Yale Stewart a creep too? I feel like I've heard My Li'l DMZ levels of scuttlebutt around that guy.

Really? I haven't seen anything mentioned about him, but then again, it's not like I'm actively searching for who's a creep in this business.

Yale Stewart deleted his twitter.

EDIT: Reading some of the comments on Bleeding Cool actually pointed out some true facts. There's no sign of JL8 or Yale Stewart's name anywhere on that wallpaper. I guess I just don't think any of his awareness art has been tasteless, if anything it may bring attention to something other people may honestly not have known or cared as much about. It also seems like Ulises has a habit of being kind of a prick. Sad either way because I like both artists.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
She-Hulk Omnibus:

"I don't know what you're talking about, the eyes are fine. This book is great, you're all weirdos." - wetflame

tim1138

Made a photo of the backside with all included issues.

Infinity Watch doesnt seem included, regarding the Silver Surfer Issues I have no idea, but maybe can you recognize it from the covers.

Awesome, thanks!

BenjaminBirdie said:
I can't remember. Probably something about it being the best comic of all time.

Since you so rarely offer such high praise, it must be a very special run. :D

Messi

Yale Stewart posted a message about that incident saying he is stepping away from making comics for a while.

:(

Yale Stewart said:
I'm sorry, everyone. I'm stepping away from all of this for a little while. I hate to do this in the middle of an already slow-moving storyline, but I recently thought I was doing the right thing, and it's completely blown up in my face. I'm admittedly not in a very great place right now, and I think backing off and focusing on other things might help. I don't know.

I'm really sorry

Think we just found the back of the omnibus pull-quote for JL8, fellas.

Iunno, maybe I just follow different people than everyone else, but on Twitter from about 8/14 to 15, a pretty detailed picture of this dude was painted as far as his sending of unsolicited texted photos go. So I'm being awfully polite, trust me.

Unsurprisingly, Johnston decided to do the least amount of Journalism possible and just went with the Farinas v. Stewart layup.

Cheska

I guess it'd be fine if he wasn't such a terrible person.

What makes him so bad? I feel totally out of the loop to this recent hate sent his way. I tried searching twitter for those posts about him being a creep but haven't come across them yet. Give us the inside scoop Birdie.

Do they have any of that trademark smug snark in them?

They are literally only that trademark smug snark, especially since they were written "live" while everyone on the internet was like "Huh? Whuz goin on in this book i don get it I hate you jim morrison"

So I went IN.

Mindwipe

Hey look, I bought another Grant Morrison book! I'll be asking questions I reckon.

BvVGD4-IgAAhllj.jpg

FC is relatively self contained to be honest, for an event book.

Hell, it actually makes more sense if you don't read Countdown :)

It's got some high concept stuff, but I actually don't think it's too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom