• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Samnee. Dude is amazing.

Bvggu5tIEAAyTj_.jpg

Samnee...
::swoon::

Holy shit! Guys Batman and Robin was awesome!! I thought some of the characters in the last issue were kinda corny but this issue hits all the right notes. Loved the cameo!

Man, top 3 is gonna be so hard this month.

Zombine

Banned
Ed Brubaker honestly seems like one of the most genuine, nicest guys in the industry. Nothing he says in print ever looks forced, and he seems to genuinely care about what readers think about the stories he crafts. I love how you can tell it was hard for him to write the way he did for The Fade Out due to the nature of the story.

Ed Brubaker honestly seems like one of the most genuine, nicest guys in the industry. Nothing he says in print ever looks forced, and he seems to genuinely care about what readers think about the stories he crafts. I love how you can tell it was hard for him to write the way he did for The Fade Out due to the nature of the story.

I'm really looking forward to reading this...Glad to hear it's quality!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
So if one wants to read Final Crisis properly, what other issues of the event other than the main book are required reading?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So if one wants to read Final Crisis properly, what other issues of the event other than the main book are required reading?

This TPB contains absolutely everything you need: http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/FINAL-CRISIS-TP-NEW-EDITION/JAN140352
(Note: If you end up buying the TPB from elsewhere, make sure it's the new printing. The old printing does not have all the issues you need.)

In answer to your question, this is everything Morrison wrote for the event (AKA, everything important/required): FINAL CRISIS #1-7, FINAL CRISIS: SUBMIT #1, FINAL CRISIS: SUPERMAN BEYOND #1-2, DC UNIVERSE #0, BATMAN #682-683

Boogiepop

Okay guys, here's a question that I was thinking about a bit ago, but I never actually got around to asking about: How much of his reputation does Stan Lee actually deserve? Like, I feel I've heard in the past about him essentially stealing a ton of spotlight away from and screwing over Jack Kirby (how much of that should be actively attributed to him instead of the "one creator only" type mentality?), but is it anywhere near, say, what people say about the whole Bob Kane/Bill Finger thing?

Weirdly enough this popped into my head because I was listening to the second Heroman opening, and remembered how it had my personal favorite Stan Lee cameo (and can I just say how ridiculous it is that we still don't have a physical release of this show in America, considering it's a freaking Stan Lee anime set in America with a giant America robot!)

And on that train of thought, people may have heard of Japanese Spider-man, but do you know of:
The actually awesome anime-esque Japanese X-men openings?
And this ridiculous Japanese TMNT... thing?

frye

Okay guys, here's a question that I was thinking about a bit ago, but I never actually got around to asking about: How much of his reputation does Stan Lee actually deserve?

Somewhere in between what Kirby diehards would say and what Lee himself would say.

Zombine

Banned
I'm really looking forward to reading this...Glad to hear it's quality!

Let me tell you, with me as a writer and you and kip and whoever else as an artist, the "making of..." Process that Ed (and more Specifically Sean) walk you through the creative process of how they work makes this issue worth the price of admission. It was perfect.

I hope they continue to release The Fade Out in magazine format.

Let me tell you, with me as a writer and you and kip and whoever else as an artist, the "making of..." Process that Ed (and more Specifically Sean) walk you through the creative process of how they work makes this issue worth the price of admission. It was perfect.

aw no, I'd go broke because I'd have to buy all of them in magazine format.

Kipp

Ooh. I hope they end up putting that "Making of..." stuff in the inevitable deluxe edition.

And what is this magazine format I keep hearing about? I had originally thought it was just a magazine variant cover, but I guess not.

Also, I really need to buy some Brubaker stuff. I still haven't read any of his creator-owned books. I should do an IST order with one more Hellboy Library Edition and the first Criminal deluxe edition.

Maybe it's just me but I thought Final Crisis was unnecessarily complex and confusing. Mostly because I read countdown before it and that was an extreme clusterfuck. The whole Mandrakk thing also seemed fucked.

I prefer Infinite Crisis & 52.

Messi

Ooh. I hope they end up putting that "Making of..." stuff in the inevitable deluxe edition.

And what is this magazine format I keep hearing about? I had originally thought it was just a magazine variant cover, but I guess not.

Also, I really need to buy some Brubaker stuff. I still haven't read any of his creator-owned books. I should do an IST order with one more Hellboy Library Edition and the first Criminal deluxe edition.

I bought it today, it's pretty sweet. Apologies for the shit photo but it's nighttime so light is harsh.

aR9Mh4ml.jpg

Fade Out was amazing. Got the mag format and the digi and I gotta say, I loved the bonuses in the print but the digital version is night and day. Just phenomenal, crisp detail. I'm officially done with print.

Zombine

Banned
Fade Out was amazing. Got the mag format and the digi and I gotta say, I loved the bonuses in the print but the digital version is night and day. Just phenomenal, crisp detail. I'm officially done with print.

I wonder if this had anything to do with Sean Phillips being a digital artist?

tim1138

This TPB contains absolutely everything you need: http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/FINAL-CRISIS-TP-NEW-EDITION/JAN140352
(Note: If you end up buying the TPB from elsewhere, make sure it's the new printing. The old printing does not have all the issues you need.)

In answer to your question, this is everything Morrison wrote for the event (AKA, everything important/required): FINAL CRISIS #1-7, FINAL CRISIS: SUBMIT #1, FINAL CRISIS: SUPERMAN BEYOND #1-2, DC UNIVERSE #0, BATMAN #682-683

To be fair you don't need any of that Batman stuff for Multiversity, just the understanding of the
Orrery of Worlds, the Bleed, and most importantly Nix Uotan.

MG310

Does anyone remember a time when their twitter feed wasn't entirely about Yale Stewart's penis or Spider-Woman requesting a colonoscopy from an entire city?

Kipp

Whoa... nice job, both of you! We need to keep this going.

Thanks! You should try your hand at coloring that!

I bought it today, it's pretty sweet. Apologies for the shit photo but it's nighttime so light is harsh.

Ah, cool! Thanks!

To be fair you don't need any of that Batman stuff for Multiversity, just the understanding of the
Orrery of Worlds, the Bleed, and most importantly Nix Uotan.

Yeah, good point. I sort of forgot that you can just pick and choose which issues you want with digital. Haha. But you're right, the Batman stuff isn't necessary to Final Crisis as an event. It is worth reading though, but can definitely be skipped if you just want the core story.

aR9Mh4ml.jpg

That's sweet. I like that cover i didn't know it was actually magazine size.
I got The Fade Out last minute. Glad they had it. Haven't read it but it looks like my style.

Does anyone remember a time when their twitter feed wasn't entirely about Yale Stewart's penis or Spider-Woman requesting a colonoscopy from an entire city?

Yeah, who the fuck cares so much. Take Skottie Youngs advice.

@skottieyoung: Man, people are riled up today. Go read a comic. Go make a comic. Smile. It's comics.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Woooh, my phone is fucked up and i'm double posting, sp ill just say Multiversity 1 is great and I wish Burnham had an entire issue.

Namor is the GOAT

He knew exactly what he signed for while Black Panther and rest backed off. Can't wait to see the Cabal do what the Illuminati can't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom