• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

not entirely true, i rented Justice League Gods and Monsters and it arrived from Gamefly today (they rent blu rays too), would a monster do that?

Even more of a monster

Question about Hellboy Wake the Devil. In the dialogue, they mention events that take place in The Chained Coffin. Is that a prequel or was it published first? Kind of confused why it would be in something published later if they had a name for the story.

Gonna ask again since nobody answered..

Nudull

Banned
This is the greatest day ever.

1sAxXLT.png

Well, now. o.o

Owzers

I thought i had the full Gotham Central run in the standard hardcovers but it's only 1-3 and i don't have the forth. Of course i've never read them.

Question about Hellboy Wake the Devil. In the dialogue, they mention events that take place in The Chained Coffin. Is that a prequel or was it published first? Kind of confused why it would be in something published later if they had a name for the story.
In between Seeds of Destruction and Wake the Devil, Mignola crafted a bunch of short stories with Hellboy. They're collected in the second library edition.

I think it was originally published first but wasn't collected till the third trade along with the other shorts. The Hellboy Wiki usually contains the trade order, chronology order and the publishing order.

http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/The_Chained_Coffin

In between Seeds of Destruction and Wake the Devil, Mignola crafted a bunch of short stories with Hellboy. They're collected in the second library edition.

Thanks fellas.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Rucka wrote Gotham Central?
Fucking great premise for a book. I love the POV of ordinary persons on superheroes.

And Brubaker Batman.
Is his run as good as his run on Cap?
And yay, No mans Land.
I really need to buy those Collections.

Yeah it's not a big thing honestly. The guide I'm following has Hellboy LE 1-3 then BPRD Plague of Frogs 1-3 then it becomes all weird

I think I've seen the thing you're talking about.

I actually kind of love that Mignola has his own little universe. I just don't want to be spoiled accidentally and I thought I'd stepped in the shit there.

OH ALSO, SILLYMONKEY:

TODAY IS THE DAY. HOW HYPED ARE YOU!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B0CyOAO8y0

I don't like the recent X-men movies and i have retroactively decided that i don't like X-men 2 anymore either. Whenever it gets replayed on tv and i choose to watch it i'm disappointed in it and myself.

I'm not very big on the X-Men movies, either. The only one I really liked was the first one, and I haven't seen that one since I was a kid.

Owzers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B0CyOAO8y0

I'm not very big on the X-Men movies, either. The only one I really liked was the first one, and I haven't seen that one since I was a kid.

I don't have the heart to retroactively dislike the first X-men movie but it probably deserves it. Once you get past the excellent tone and casting of Magneto and Xavier you remember towards the end
it involved Rogue trapped in a spinny ball thing so Magneto could harvest her power and Wolverine had to fight on top the ball
and just general awfulness.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Now if only it didn't take DC 80 years to release their trades.
Thats the only disadvantage. I now pay half the prices on DC books. Marvel books are prized 20€ now because of shitty convertions, while DC books are 9-11€...
What a luck that there are almost no upcomimg trades that really interest me...
Its only Spiderstuff right now and 5-7 trades from january to march.

i liked First Class when i saw it in theater but then liked it less and less each subsequent viewing. which has to be like 3-4 times now, so i don't like it much outside of a few things

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Looking and fishing for books on Amazon is almost more fun than actually read them :D
Man, I really like how DC collected 00s Batman. I should sit down and make an overview where what is collected. I so love the 00s Batman Output. So many great storys.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Live Action X-Men Show in the works. Honestly if it means character development for anyone not named Wolverine, Charles Xavier, Magneto or Mystique, I'd totally be in.

Can't imagine this will focus on any notable movie X-Men. More like "the adventures of that kid who can change the channel by blinking!"

Fuck that I like First Class.

Fuck yeah.

Where are you looking at all these new upcoming releases?
I tend to scout stuff ahead of time on Amazon. Not so much for omnibuses, but for general trades, if I'm waiting for Vol 6 to come out or something, they'll usually already have a listing for the one after as well, including the issue numbers and a date.

Looking and fishing for books on Amazon is almost more fun than actually read them :D
Man, I really like how DC collected 00s Batman. I should sit down and make an overview where what is collected. I so love the 00s Batman Output. So many great storys.

Not almost, it 100% is.

I tend to scout stuff ahead of time on Amazon. Not so much for omnibuses, but for general trades, if I'm waiting for Vol 6 to come out or something, they'll usually already have a listing for the one after as well, including the issue numbers and a date.

Oh, yeah, I do that too.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Ugh. I love my new FroYo job, but it's stressful as hell being the only manager. For example, I was at the end of my shift today at Banana Republic and I get a call from the employee currently working at FroYo saying that the POS wasn't working. AKA we couldn't sell any yogurt. So being the only manager, I had to drive 20 minutes over there straight after my Banana Republic shift (and keep in mind, today was my day off from the FroYo job) and fiddle around with the POS which I know barely anything about and get it to somewhat work. It's still a little messed up at the moment, but at least it can handle transactions. And I'll have to continue dealing with that on my own time.
I'm pretty much on-call every hour that the store is open and it's pretty exhausting and anxiety-inducing. The plus side is that I do actually enjoy the work and really like my employees, so it's pretty fulfilling at least.

Also, definitely enjoying reading through Fraction Iron Man.

Glad to hear it! :D

Shaanyboi

Banned
Uh, Injustice Complete Edition. I think I need this after all your love for this book.

Keep in mind the art isn't great for chunks of the book, but it's fascinating to see the whole DC universe totally fall apart, all due to manipulation, arrogance, and shattered dreams. There's a lotta "holy fuck... " moments.

Owzers

There's Harley and Ivy deluxe hardcover on that list, i think i'm okay wtih my digital issues but that's worth getting for others.

Also Amazon has the Wonder Woman Earth One morrison pre-order for 52% off

Tizoc

Rucka wrote Gotham Central?
Fucking great premise for a book. I love the POV of ordinary persons on superheroes.

And Brubaker Batman.
Is his run as good as his run on Cap?
And yay, No mans Land.
I really need to buy those Collections.

Gotham Central was by Rucka and Brubaker.
I am generally told that Brubaker's Batman stuff is weaker than his Cap work.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Can't imagine this will focus on any notable movie X-Men. More like "the adventures of that kid who can change the channel by blinking!"

I'd totally watch that. Especially if once an episode, they fake you out by changing to in universe TV shows like in that one episode of Rick and Morty.

Owzers

INDEED.
One of my very favorites.

No spoilers. I'm going to watch it later. After I read some comics.

Spoiler: It actually was a surprise party for them all dropping out. There's cake, everyone is eating cake now and watching reruns of Celebrity Apprentice.

Kipp

Currently reading one of the Orion back-up stories which has art by Art Adams. I'd never seen his stuff before. Damn this guy is good.

I loved boardwalk and I love Bobby Cannavale . Also yes you know the other reason. Olivia Wilde back on TV makes me ludicrously happy. Especially given that it is on HBO.

Well, alright, I take back everything I said. I love Cannavale, Winter, and Scorsese.

Kipp

HOT DAMN!

For some reason ages ago I decided to have eBay send me emails every time an Invisibles Omnibus was listed and just now I decided to have a quick look at the Promotions tab in Gmail to see if there was anything notable. Noticed a new Invisibles Omnibus listing in effectively new condition for just $65 + $7.22 shipping and was like "Whoa! Yes!"
And THEN I noticed that the guy is also throwing in a Flex Mentallo Deluxe Hardcover if you bought it at the $65 price (he had an option to make an offer)!

SO BOUGHT. I'm so stoked. I've been wanting to read The Invisibles really really badly for ages. And I've still never read Flex Mentallo. How absolutely perfect. :D

Oh, and also, the guy lives in California, so shipping shouldn't take long at all. :D

Totally gonna start on Invisibles or Flex Mentallo after Orion.

Bent books infuriate me. IST please :)

Are you #TeamSaya or #TeamMaria?

I need to put you on a list.

#TeamSaya

Also...(Deadly Class issue 6 spoilers)

what the fuck is the disfigured guy that takes Chico away doing with the cat at the end of volume 1 (issue 6)?

Top Bottom