• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2013. Spiking the eggnog, and not telling Stark about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

JLoA #9 was okay, but I think they could have shown what happened to the Justice League in a better way and without needing to be in another book. I'm thinking about dropping it before Forever Evil ends.

JEKKI

for freeks sake man...

Superior Foes of Spiderman and Guardians of the Galaxy have more resale value than a complete set of Infinity.

Daredevil Dark Nights sells for more than Infinity...

even mother freakin first 4 issues of Quantum & Woody sell more than Infinity!!!

it seems the only thing that sells worse than Infinity is the Rotworld crossover -_-;;

but it's the christmas season... I may as well jus donate these books to a children's shelter,

however a part of me feels real bad that I'd be giving them the gift of really terrible comics

Jetman

Earth 2

Yep. This series is still a keeper.

Any takers on who Earth 2 Batman is? I am really hoping for reanimated Thomas Wayne.

Tim1138 said:
A Twitter post from DC involving the action figure said it was
Thomas

Yeah, what is the consensus on this? Earth-2 Batman was taking gunshots and overpowering Lois-nado like it was nothing, yet has a history with the Joker. I guess it wouldn't need to be someone in the Bat-family but I'd feel gipped if it wasnt.
Martian Manhunter
maybe? As I think that Twitter spoiler isn't likely seeing as what this Batman is capable of...

phoenixyz

It's not too late for list

Batman #26
Batman Black&White #4
Forever Evil Arkham War #3
Justice League #26
Nightwing #26

and maybe
Constantine #9

tim1138

Yeah, what is the consensus on this? Earth-2 Batman was taking gunshots and overpowering Lois-nado like it was nothing, yet has a history with the Joker. I guess it wouldn't need to be someone in the Bat-family but I'd feel gipped if it wasnt.
Martian Manhunter
maybe? As I think that Twitter spoiler isn't likely seeing as what this Batman is capable of...

I kinda hope he ends up being a combination Flashpoint/Black Lantern Batman. I've seen some people interpret the
"Bruce..." line as him not knowing who was under the cowl originally.

tim1138

Hey Rafa, look what got announced! You only have to wait til August of next year.

Since the image broke, it's an Earth 2 Hawkgirl figure.

Jetman

I kinda hope he ends up being a combination Flashpoint/Black Lantern Batman. I've seen some people interpret the
"Bruce..." line as him not knowing who was under the cowl originally.

Really? I kind of took that line to mean that he just knew and had a history with
Bruce

tim1138

Really? I kind of took that line to mean that he just knew and had a history with
Bruce

That was my initial reading of it as well, but going back and looking at it again, I can see how you could interpret him as being surprised.

Listing Age Forums

Batgirl #26
Batman #26
Batman Black And White #4
Constantine #9
Forever Evil Arkham War #3
Justice League #25
Justice League 3000 #1
Justice League Of America #10
Nightwing #26
Superboy #26
Superman Wonder Woman #3
Worlds' Finest #18

Picked up Wolverine: Japan's Most Wanted thanks to the comixology sale, on chapter seven and it's pretty good so far.

99 cents is the right price for these infinite comics.

jurgen

"Tell me why I shouldn't pull the trigger."
"I don't know. Let's find out together."

Fucking Scalped. Is anything better, ever?

It's so good. Jason Aaron's Marvel stuff is mostly over-the-top and borderline zany, but I wish he would go back to primarily writing stuff like Scalped.

Also, did Empowered Vol.8 get kicked back a week? It's on Diamond's list for next week, but I could have sworn Dark Horse had it listed for this week.
Diamond and Dark Horse not matching up on Emp's release has happened before, as i recall with both sides erring on occasion. Adam still posts as though the book releases to stores this week as of this morning.

Wool

He's got an image title coming out next year so look forward to it.

Southern Bastards!

tumblr_mpdhfmcaWb1r8ybe2o2_500.png

Those pictures somebody up above posted settled it, I'm ordering the first couple issues of Shaolin Cowboy.

The Justice League 3000 #1 preview that went up recently really looks like a Legion era Legion title but with not-Superman and not-Batman instead. So dumb.

So dumb.

Supergods is really interesting. It drags in some parts. It added a ton of books to my "To Read" list though.

Oh I went into the book knowing that certain parts were a touch rambling; But Grant Morrison really nails how I feel about Superhero comics in the first chapter alone. I think I'd hold it up to anyone who downplays Cape comics and ask them to read that chapter first.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Just wait til you get to his experience in Kathmandu (provided you haven't already heard the story).

It's really a great read, I treasure my signed copy of it.

YO, seriously, that Kathmandu story is so damn exciting and absurd. Also, where'd you get yours signed, Tim?

Just wait til you get to his experience in Kathmandu (provided you haven't already heard the story).

It's really a great read, I treasure my signed copy of it.

Nope, not there yet, still rather early. Looking forward to it; I do think I'm going to get a copy of this for my roommate as a Christmas gift. He is notoriously hard to shop for as he has Infinite dollars and owns everything. - I have my issues with some of Morrison's work but damn if he isn't a compelling orator. Sorry for gushing over something many of you have already read in the past. I just don't normally read this kind of book.

tim1138

YO, seriously, that Kathmandu story is so damn exciting and absurd. Also, where'd you get yours signed, Tim?

He did a signing at Midtown when it was released and a friend who lived in NYC at the time picked me up a signed copy.

GrandHarrier said:
Nope, not there yet, still rather early. Looking forward to it; I do think I'm going to get a copy of this for my roommate as a Christmas gift. He is notoriously hard to shop for as he has Infinite dollars and owns everything. - I have my issues with some of Morrison's work but damn if he isn't a compelling orator. Sorry for gushing over something many of you have already read in the past. I just don't normally read this kind of book.

If you like the book, track down the documentary on him. I wanna say it's called Talking with Gods and at one point was on Hulu. There's some overlap in content with the book, but it's still pretty compelling to watch.

Mumei

Hi, ComicsGAF.

I read this last night:

7052524.jpg

I've been reading some of the run-up to it, and I'm curious: How was the debut of Blackest Night received? I'm having mixed feelings about it.

Hi, ComicsGAF.

I read this last night:

7052524.jpg

I've been reading some of the run-up to it, and I'm curious: How was the debut of Blackest Night received? I'm having mixed feelings about it.

For me at least it was the Four Toed Statue of Johns' Green Lantern (to give it to you in LOST). Sinestro Corps War had lead to a really great expansion of the mythology but Blackest Night was where started to feel it bump against its limitations, straining to be big enough to fill the whole DCU. The big, main villain isn't as good, it just feels like a staging exercise to resurrect dead characs.

Reis is typically incredible on it and he creates some great moments, but overall, the bloom is coming off the rose at this point.

Owzers

I liked Blackest Night, but i liked the build up better than the event. I didn't like the main bad guy either, black hand was more interesting than him.

DCBS order in for december! I'm down to just 29 books :O

50% off: Green Arrow Lemire tp vol 1, Superior Foes of Spidey vol 1, She Hulk #1, Ms. Marvel #1.

everything else:
batman
forever evil
Justice League
wonder woman
Sandman 2 of 6
Trillium 7 of 8
Superman Unchained 7 of 9

black science, lazarus, manhattan projects, revival, walking bread

amazing x-men, avengers, avengers world, cap, daredevil, hawkguy, new avengers, superior spidey, thor, uncanny avengers, and WATXM.

Very avengers-heavy list, avengers world is on a trial run to see how spencer/hickman handle another book.

I skipped Batman 66 hardcover vol 1 for now and slott's spidey OGN. And the black and white harley statue Xo.

ElNarez

Banned
TOO MUCH COMICS
Astro City #7
Batman #27
Batman Black & White #4
Federal Bureau of Physics #6
Justice League #25
Justice League 3000 #1
Justice League of America #10
Suicide Squad #26
Superman Wonder Woman #3

Archer & Armstrong #16
Lazarus #5
Satellite Sam #5
Three #3
Über #8

Cable and X-Force #17
Captain America #14
Mighty Avengers #4
Nova #11
Superior Foes of Spider-Man #6
Thunderbolts #19
Uncanny X-Men #15
Wolverine and the X-Men #39

tim1138

For me at least it was the Four Toed Statue of Johns' Green Lantern (to give it to you in LOST). Sinestro Corps War had lead to a really great expansion of the mythology but Blackest Night was where started to feel it bump against its limitations, straining to be big enough to fill the whole DCU. The big, main villain isn't as good, it just feels like a staging exercise to resurrect dead characs.

Reis is typically incredible on it and he creates some great moments, but overall, the bloom is coming off the rose at this point.

Even as a huge Johns fanboy, I don't disagree with what you're saying here. I think the biggest problem ties into the bolded statement: originally it was supposed to be contained to GL and GLC, and then DiDio (or whoever was in charge then) decided it needed to be a big DCU wide event. I'd love to see the original pitch for it to see how much changed from initial concept to execution.

I was wondering why I couldn't buy any comics off the Marvel website. I just read their terms of use and it says it doesn't accept debit cards. Wish I knew that before.

Is there any other place with good prices for digital comics? Marvel had them as low as $2. I'm trying to pick up Captain America Vol 7 #1.

I like ComicsAlliance year-end lists because they don't have them competing with each other with top 10 list or Best Marvel/DC/Image or Best Art/Breakout title and stuff that's popular on other websites. Its just "here's a bunch of stuff we thought was good and worth celebrating"

"Try the red one" is probably the single best line of dialogue in comics this year.

Agreed, Chris Sims

I was wondering why I couldn't buy any comics off the Marvel website. I just read their terms of use and it says it doesn't accept Visa or debit cards. Wish I knew that before.

What the fuck is wrong with them? EVERYONE accepts Visa. American Express is the one that's a bit iffy in some places.

So is Empowered 8 coming out this week or next week? Diamond says next week, Dark Horse says this week. I guess we'll find out when InStockTrades updates later today.

I was wondering why I couldn't buy any comics off the Marvel website. I just read their terms of use and it says it doesn't accept Visa or debit cards. Wish I knew that before.

Is there any other place with good prices for digital comics? Marvel had them as low as $2. I'm trying to pick up Captain America Vol 7 #1.

It says what?

The marvel android app accepts both just fine. Hell, I can even bill comics to my cell phone account if i really wanted to.

What the fuck is wrong with them? EVERYONE accepts Visa. American Express is the one that's a bit iffy in some places.

Sorry, I read it wrong. In my defense, they were super close to where it said not usable on the terms.

They just don't accept Debit right now. Which is bad for me.

Really looking forward to No More Humans. Between this and the Spider-Man one by Dell Otto and Mark Waid, these OGNs are looking amazing.

It's okay. I did the same thing last year around late december/january when I read it.

Mike Carey, thank god for this. Now give him UXM or ANXM or some other main X-Book pronto.

Or let Remender finish his run on UA and let Carey write it.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Blackest Night was were I ended up signing off of Green Lantern. I still haven't read the GLC stuff from the event. It was so convoluted, and naturally it ended up largely leading into Brightest Day, which in itself just led to something else. That pattern of Green Lantern existing as event followed by event, each one trying to increase the scale, grew tiresome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom