• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Never thought I'd see that one again! That takes me wayyyyy back

The best game from an era of GOAT point and click adventure titles. I crushed Grim Fandango when it released again last year. Straight platinum time!

King's Quest VI
Full Throttle
Grim Fandango
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Space Quest IV
Loom
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father
Police Quest III
Day of the Tentacle
Quest for Glory IV
The Secret of Monkey Island

You young pups don't even know.

3v3 has always been overwhelming for me. It's why I prefer TvC to any of the Marvel ones (save for MvC1, but it's been so long since I've played it and I never played XMvSF). It's also why I prefer to use a single character in Skullgirls.

I like the options you get from having 3 characters. TvC was fun stuff though, so it being more like that (with balanced system mechanics at least) would be cool too.

1nZuuPz.gif
TYRANT RAVE'S FAVORITE COMICS THAT I'VE READ IN 2016
1nZuuPz.gif

[Read a lot of cool stuff this year and I bought too much... again.

good picks Rave

I can't remember which comics I've read *this* year but Ill do a wrap up post too

Man all that classic stuff. They seem to have figured out what psx is and what a good halfway house between e3 is. Wipeout, Crash, parappa, patapon and locoroco. Super buzzed for those.

The best game from an era of GOAT point and click adventure titles. I crushed Grim Fandango when it released again last year. Straight platinum time!

King's Quest VI
Full Throttle
Grim Fandango
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Space Quest IV
Loom
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father
Police Quest III
Day of the Tentacle
Quest for Glory IV
The Secret of Monkey Island

You young pups don't even know.
Nods in agreement

Man all that classic stuff. They seem to have figured out what psx is and what a good halfway house between e3 is. Wipeout, Crash, parappa, paragon and locoroco. Super buzzed for those.
Yea. I loved it

Tizoc

You lot talking about PnC Adventure games need to get King's Quest 2015, which had all 5 episodes released.
It has actual puzzles and Christopher Lloyd as a narrator.
You can get it on PC for under $15 during sales now.

I'll be honest, I'm not weeabo enough to be interested in half those games, but Sony still got me with Full Throttle, The Last of Us 2, and upcoming Uncharted DLC.

All three instant buys. I'm getting the Uncharted Trilogy and UC4 for Christmas, so I'll be in gamin.

You lot talking about PnC Adventure games need to get King's Quest 2015, which had all 5 episodes released.
It has actual puzzles and Christopher Lloyd as a narrator.
You can get it on PC for under $15 during sales now.

I have the first chapter from PS Plus, so I might get the rest after I finish Batman Telltale. Dead sucker for those kind of game. I even love the Telltale stuff, though they're largely devoid of puzzles and they run like shit on every system imaginable.

King's Quest I was my first PC game. I remember having to learn basic typing to play it. Fell in love instantly.

/climb tree
/get golden egg

Tizoc

I'll be honest, I'm not weeabo enough to be interested in half those games, but Sony still got me with Full Throttle, The Last of Us 2, and upcoming Uncharted DLC.

All three instant buys. I'm getting the Uncharted Trilogy and UC4 for Christmas, so I'll be in gamin.

I have the first chapter from PS Plus, so I might get the rest after I finish Batman Telltale. Dead sucker for those kind of game. I even love the Telltale stuff, though they're largely devoid of puzzles and they run like shit on every system imaginable.

Make sure you're getting the COMPLETE COLLECTION for KQ '15 since it'll come with an extra epilogue chapter.

Telltale's games are simple adventure games and are good and fun for what they are.

Also weeaboo does not mean what you think you mean in the context of your post, but if you a REAL man you'll also get yakuza 0 this coming January
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpDnmgCWolo

Make sure you're getting the COMPLETE COLLECTION for KQ '15 since it'll come with an extra epilogue chapter.

Telltale's games are simple adventure games and are good and fun for what they are.

Also weeaboo does not mean what you think you mean in the context of your post, but if you a REAL man you'll also get yakuza 0 this coming January
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpDnmgCWolo

Right on. Telltale gameplay is awful, but I love that style of game. Story and characters. Loved the Walking Dead. Still need to play Game of Thrones.

Never touched a Yakuza game in my life. No idea what they are, tbh.

Right on. Telltale gameplay is awful, but I love that style of game. Story and characters. Loved the Walking Dead. Still need to play Game of Thrones.

I love Tt games, personally. Sure they have some tech issues on occasion but they're usually a blast to play. And sometimes they run silky smooth for me, even though I hear other people complain about jank. As for Game of Thrones, it was easily my least favorite Tt game so far. You know those times where you make a choice and the game fucks you over anyway? THE ENTIRE GAME IS LIKE THAT.

Tizoc

Never touched a Yakuza game in my life. No idea what they are, tbh.

Yakuza 0 is an Action RPG set in late 1980s Japan. The combat is simple yet fun and there are tons of side stuff to do that more than JUSTIFY it's $60 price point.
For more info check this out-
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1319598

I love Tt games, personally. Sure they have some tech issues on occasion but they're usually a blast to play. And sometimes they run silky smooth for me, even though I hear other people complain about jank. As for Game of Thrones, it was easily my least favorite Tt game so far. You know those times where you make a choice and the game fucks you over anyway? THE ENTIRE GAME IS LIKE THAT.

They always ran fine for me up to Batman, which has had a game breaking bug every episode so far. Although Episode 3 was actually the fault of OBS, Nvidia cards and Windows 10 not getting along, so that one was fine. They dropped an 8GB update last night that supposedly fixes a lot of things. I'll probably play Episode 4 tomorrow and see what's what.

Yep, Thrones was bad. The Wolf Among Us is probably still my favourite, though Walking Dead Season 1 is pretty close.

Speaking of, did I see something about a new TWD before season 3? I thought I saw a listing somewhere.

Isn't that just Season 3? The New Frontier?

A New Frontier is Season 3, yeah. Telltale just jumped the gun on subtitles, generally you wait until 4 for one of those.

This is also a semi-fresh start for the series. You'll have the choice to import, do a Mass Effect 2-style thing where you pick choices, or use the canonical backstory.

Tizoc

Yakuza is basically Shenmue.

When I started playing Shenmue for the first time, I wasn't ready. There was so much shit to do in that game it was overwhelming.

No, I don't think it is proper to say Yakuza plays like Shenmue.
Yakuza series is Action RPG set in modern day/past Japan. You could say they are an EVOLUTION of the Shenmue series, but I digress.
Though calling Yakuza as being like Shenmue kind of goes to show how little some people know about the Yakuza series.

No, I don't think it is proper to say Yakuza plays like Shenmue.
Yakuza series is Action RPG set in modern day/past Japan. You could say they are an EVOLUTION of the Shenmue series, but I digress.
Though calling Yakuza as being like Shenmue kind of goes to show how little some people know about the Yakuza series.

But in terms of it being a very story focused open-world game it takes a lot of ques from Shenmue. Just like Shenmue it's Sega's most expensive franchise.

Tizoc

But in terms of it being a very story focused open-world game it takes a lot of ques from Shenmue. Just like Shenmue it's Sega's most expensive franchise.

Hmm fair enough, but I'm not watching any Shenmue footage until the initial duology get re-released, to challenge that claim. And hey I can wait another 10 years. You'd be surprised on how many things I'm patient about it.

Hmm fair enough, but I'm not watching any Shenmue footage until the initial duology get re-released, to challenge that claim. And hey I can wait another 10 years. You'd be surprised on how many things I'm patient about it.

Video games are serious business.

Tizoc

The greatest shooting game of the past 3 years is finally coming to PS4

header.jpg

You play as a FROG who has a LASER GUN which he blasts monsters with while wearing a JACKET and soaring through the heavens with a JETPACK. You also get a FLAMETHROWER to burninate things. To top it off, it features a deep plot about relationships and a stunning soundtrack that make it one of the greatest shooters of all time.
Video gaming cannot get any better than this.

Tizoc

It took me a while to figure out that for the most part
We all hate each other in this thread.

Matter of fact let me reveal to you what the January OT subtitle was gonna be
COMICS!!! January 2017 |OT|
Your favourite comics are shit

I bought all the Telltale games I've yet to play during the Black Friday sale. Already finished the TWD, Back to the Future, Sam and Max, and The Wolf Among Us. A Fables game with Bigby? That's my catnip, dude.

Picked up Thrones, Borderlands (WTF?), and Batman. Naturally playing Batman now, though I've heard Borderlands is amazing...no clue how.

Minecraft = never.

Minecraft = never.

The only one I have played. Again, for the kiddo Hah. I never played well with the telltale games, I don't know why, I could just never get into them, bounced off of the walking dead and back to the future. I have the wolf amongst us but eh, not the biggest Fables fan so I haent tried it. Very much see what people like about them and kind of wish I could settle into them.

I bought all the Telltale games I've yet to play during the Black Friday sale. Already finished the TWD, Back to the Future, Sam and Max, and The Wolf Among Us. A Fables game with Bigby? That's my catnip, dude.

Picked up Thrones, Borderlands (WTF?), and Batman. Naturally playing Batman now, though I've heard Borderlands is amazing...no clue how.

Minecraft = never.

I don't really like Borderlands as a franchise (I played a shitton of 2 but that was as a talking shop for college) but Tales from the Borderlands is great. It helps that the new characters are good on the whole, and the Vault Hunter who gets the most focus is Athena, who's probably the best one across the three shooters. It's the main thing that gives me hope Guardians will be great.

Also, obligatory link when it comes to Tales (it's in the Episode 4 intro): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8ofhjI6ODc

Oh yeah Carol has long hair in MvC4. Glad they didn't go with her stupid short hair.

Doesn't this have Spoilers for JoJo Part 4 which is still airing? Might want to point out it'd have spoilers for certain series :x

I guess we now know why Feige said Danvers would be the strongest MCU superhero. She can go Super Saiyan/"Binary".

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I thought we were good friends.

Sega fans were unbearable back then and you could not escape them. I just wanted to obsessively talk about Suikoden 1 and 2 (It's basically the Manifest Destiny of video games) back then but there was always so much Sega bullshit to wade through.

Tizoc

Sega fans were unbearable back then and you could not escape them. I just wanted to obsessively talk about Suikoden 1 and 2 (It's basically the Manifest Destiny of video games) back then but there was always so much Sega bullshit to wade through.

Nintendo fans aren't any better, and while we're at it, neither are Sony fans nor Windows Store/UWP fans.
You just hung out with the wrong crowd like everybody else had before finding gaf.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Nintendo fans aren't any better, and while we're at it, neither are Sony fans nor Windows Store/UWP fans.
You just hung out with the wrong crowd like everybody else had before finding gaf.

I was here at that time too. It was like that on all forums. Their insecurity was on another level. Sony, MS, and Nintendo fans have never had to deal with a decade of failures.

Top Bottom