• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

So far Invincible, Midnighter and Lumberjanes each have one vote which is what I expected

Ha ha just teasing Brian I know you vote Manifest Destiny

Now that I've conquered my mountain of singles I'm trying to decide what to read next. I need your input comicgaf...

Do I want to catch up on...

Invincible
Lumberjanes
The Flintstones
Manifest Destiny
Tom King's Omega Men
Midnighter (pre-Midnighter and Apollo)
orrr
Sheriff of Babylon
?

I will get to them all eventually, but what direction should I point myself in today?
Midnighter or Flintstones

Now that I've conquered my mountain of singles I'm trying to decide what to read next. I need your input comicgaf...

Do I want to catch up on...

Invincible
Lumberjanes
The Flintstones
Manifest Destiny
Tom King's Omega Men
Midnighter (pre-Midnighter and Apollo)
orrr
Sheriff of Babylon
?

I will get to them all eventually, but what direction should I point myself in today?

in order of importance and also length

Midnighter
The Flintstones
Lumberjanes
Sheriff of Babylon
Manifest Destiny

My hesitation with Invincible is its length. There is so much material. If I start down that path, I would not get to any of that other stuff for a very long time.

Sandfox

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/12/0...a?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

With their mentor Charles Xavier gone, the original five X-Men—Jean Grey, Cyclops, Iceman, Beast, and Angel—will not only be dealing with being stranded in the present day, but they’ll also be aligning themselves with Magneto, one of their greatest former foes. A large part of this has to do with humankind not considering mutants to be as much of a threat anymore. “Magneto sees that as an opportunity he wants to seize,” explains Paniccia of the unexpected partnership. “He makes a deal with them to take down anyone who’s going to pose a threat and disrupt the chance to have a peaceful, if not, neutral relationship with humanity.”
Well then.

Ketchum says that writer Dennis Hopeless’ pitch for the series was that in between her adventures with the team Jean Grey will also be traveling the Marvel Universe in preparation for this encounter. “She’s going to study with Doctor Strange and maybe have an adventure alongside Ghost Rider,” says Ketchum. “Anyone who knows something about other forces or being possessed, or speaks to the mission she’s undergoing she’s going to have an adventure with.”
Dope.

My hesitation with Invincible is its length. There is so much material. If I start down that path, I would not get to any of that other stuff for a very long time.

Invincible is probably my favorite superhero comic of all time. 120-ish issues is nothing. If you were considering starting One Piece when it's 800 chapters in, I would understand.

Right. But you'd also be reading the best cape book in existence. I mean, you could read several of those interior series in the same amount of time, but you wouldn't be reading the GOAT. Opportunity cost here dictates you read Invincible.

Right now I'm leaning towards Flintstones to Midnighter to Invincible. I'm really interested in the Flintstones.

That doesn't put too much comics between me and Invincible

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
What makes Flintstones so special? Seen a lot of people like it

Instead of just down a version of the old cartoon, they go really deep into it. There's more character development and backstory in an issue then there were in years of the show.

I only read the first one, but it's really well done.

Messi

Ah done with work and caught up on my tv backlog. Think I might do a little of that so called comic book reading tonight. I think I'll head back to pre Rebirth superman. The end of these runs with him depowered are surprisingly strong

In other news I need to update my gaf pet peeves list. I can't stand:
- Thread titles that start with a variation of "Can we talk about X?"
- replies that start with a variation of "You do realize that Y". Ugh

Next month's title starts with 'Can we talk about Comics!'

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Ah done with work and caught up on my tv backlog. Think I might do a little of that so called comic book reading tonight. I think I'll head back to pre Rebirth superman. The end of these runs with him depowered are surprisingly strong

Am I the only one who hates it when people start their post by asking if they are the only one?

VanWinkle

Dilemma. Basically, I'm able to get one of these two for a cheap (under $30) price and I need you guys to recommend which one would be better: Uncanny Avengers by Remender omnibus or Fantastic Four by Fraction omnibus.

Some detail: I have more Avengers omnis than any other Marvel series and I'm not even huge into the Avengers, so that makes me pause. Also, I love the Fantastic Four but the only omni I have from them is Lee/Kirby, an era that I'm not a huge fan of.

Now, that would make you think, "well, get FF then." But I haven't heard great things about Fantastic Four by Fraction, at least for the non-Fraction/Allred half of the omni. And I haven't really heard anything about Uncanny Avengers, soooo...

Help.

Owzers

I'm not really enjoying last guardian, it's kinda fun but it has that clumsy control awkward AI feeling that just makes the game feel so sluggish overall, camera too.

I'd skip both those omnibus.

Dilemma. Basically, I'm able to get one of these two for a cheap (under $30) price and I need you guys to recommend which one would be better: Uncanny Avengers by Remender omnibus or Fantastic Four by Fraction omnibus.

Some detail: I have more Avengers omnis than any other Marvel series and I'm not even huge into the Avengers, so that makes me pause. Also, I love the Fantastic Four but the only omni I have from them is Lee/Kirby, an era that I'm not a huge fan of.

Now, that would make you think, "well, get FF then." But I haven't heard great things about Fantastic Four by Fraction, at least for the non-Fraction/Allred half of the omni. And I haven't really heard anything about Uncanny Avengers, soooo...

Help.

Uncanny Avengers

First arc is weak, but the second one up til the lead-up to AXIS are amazing.

Sandfox

Uncanny Avengers

First arc is weak, but the second one up til the lead-up to AXIS are amazing.

havok-16.png

PsychBat!

Banned

When people end their sentences with "lol" even when it's not fucking funny.

. Also, I love the Fantastic Four but the only omni I have from them is Lee/Kirby, an era that I'm not a huge fan of.

dqQbhAr.png

- I bought a console! what games can I play on it?!

VanWinkle

Nah, you're not. I hate it. It like they know they're not the only one to think like that and are just making the post as some type of validation from others.

DC Rebirth Holiday Special Preview

It’s time to get into the holiday spirit! DC’s biggest and brightest heroes are here to celebrate the holidays. Don’t miss a Chanukah crisis for Huntress, a Flash family Christmas, Wonder Woman interrupting John Constantine’s hellblazing pagan party and more—including the return of Detective Chimp!

Isn't Huntress a devout Catholic?

I'm going to read it with an open mind. I'm sure I'll get enjoyment out of it, what with all the praise it gets!

That actually sounds appealing

Still Bunn tho
Am I the only one who hates it when people start their post by asking if they are the only one?
Thought I was the only one
Isn't Huntress a devout Catholic?
The cross was a gift from her dad, I think. She's not actually all that devout. Mostly just a family thing, and it's her family that's important to her.

Omg there is going to be a new Batwoman solo!?!? It's by two writers I haven't really enjoyed. But some of you guys like those writers, right?

Yeah?

Batwoman will be good?

Tell me Batwoman will be good.

VanWinkle

Omg there is going to be a new Batwoman solo!?!? It's by two writers I haven't really enjoyed. But some of you guys like those writers, right?

Yeah?

Batwoman will be good?

I think they're both pretty good writers, and Tynion has shown in Detective Comics that he knows Batwoman as a character pretty well.

A detail from the beginning of #3 that I adore:
the school team is named after the people they conquered

I said it was a smart book. Did you doubt me?

Yeah?

Batwoman will be good?

It will probably be amazing.

Messi

Yeah?

Batwoman will be good?

Batwoman by Bennett? Yeah that's gonna be awesome. She writes a lovely Kate in bombshells. Plus it being bennett means it will probably be queer as fuck which is great. Epting on art. Sign me up.

So I picked up this today:

What's cool is that this was written as a direct sequel to Aliens before Alien³ was in the works. I may be the only one around here that likes Aliens comics, but I'm looking forward to reading this. The art is really solid too, especially when you consider this was originally published in the 80's. I've been meaning to pick it up for months, but the fact that Dark Horse announced another one pushed me to finally get around to it.

Top Bottom