• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

I like how everyone hates Civil War II, but it's still the #1 Marvel Comic for last month. Civil War and Batman y'all.

1 Batman (2016) 10 120,901
2 Batman (2016) 11 116,690
3 Civil War II (2016) 7 116,446
4 All Star Batman (2016) 4 99,064
5 Invincible Iron Man (2016) 1 97,712
6 Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows (2016) 1 96,111
7 Batman (2016) Annual 1 91,033
8 Venom (2016) 1 90,137
9 Walking Dead (2003) 160 88,367
10 Ivx (2016) 0 84,181
11 Avengers (2016) 1 81,885
12 Justice League (2016) 8 80,696
13 Justice League (2016) 9 77,905
14 Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures (2016) 1 75,973
15 Star Wars (2015) 25 75,234

Given those numbers, I'd expect for Renew Your Vows to settle below Amazing (63,052), but above Miles (39,701). Champions dropped big, landing in the same range as Titans and Teen Titans, which feels about right.

TheFlow

Banned
ok echo had some good shit. so here is what I think imo. Also jordie should be an auto win this year. DC rebirth and young animal have some colorist putting in work right now. So what do yah think of below.

most improved

biggest letdown

best book

best written

best colored

best pencilled.

best cover

best surprise of the year

best single issue/arc

best min series.

VanWinkle

I got Unbeatable Squirrel Girl OHC and Uncanny X-Men OHC Vol.2 in the mail today
and Prison School Vol.5

Nice. Still need those two.

ok echo had some good shit. so here is what I think imo. Also jordie should be an auto win this year. DC rebirth and young animal have some colorist putting in work right now. So what do yah think of below.

most improved

biggest letdown

best book

best written

best colored

best pencilled.

best cover

best single issue/arc

best min series.

I like that, though I think there should be a "Best Trade/standard HC" and "Best OHC".

I like how everyone hates Civil War II, but it's still the #1 Marvel Comic for last month.
I actually really like CW2. I honestly think 75% of the hate comes from "Fuck Bendis," "Marvel events suck," and "the first one sucked, so obviously the second one does." Now keep in mind, it's a flawed book and it has problems, but I don't think it's nearly NEARLY as bad as it's made out to be.

Also, the event hasn't made Carol look bad. That's the fault of the tie-ins that makes Carol seem completely heartless. Not the main book. The main book actually has her as quite sympathetic.

TheFlow

Banned
Nice. Still need those two.

I like that, though I think there should be a "Best Trade/standard HC" and "Best OHC".

can we just make it best hc so we can vote for this

maxresdefault.jpg

TheFlow

Banned
where do I go to buy prints of certain artist and stuff? is there like a general site or do I need to stalk them.

kinda wanna buy myself a lil new years gift

Messi

where do I go to buy prints of certain artist and stuff? is there like a general site or do I need to stalk them.

kinda wanna buy myself a lil new years gift

Most of them post about them on twitter if they have online stores. Many only sell them at cons or don't do prints. Anyone in particular I can help with?

Sandfox

I actually really like CW2. I honestly think 75% of the hate comes from "Fuck Bendis," "Marvel events suck," and "the first one sucked, so obviously the second one does." Now keep in mind, it's a flawed book and it has problems, but I don't think it's nearly NEARLY as bad as it's made out to be.

Also, the event hasn't made Carol look bad. That's the fault of the tie-ins that makes Carol seem completely heartless. Not the main book. The main book actually has her as quite sympathetic.
Yeah, and Bendis also wrote the AA story in Iron Man.

He sells original art on cadencecomicart.com but the prints seem to be con only. If you want his email I can get it and you can message him. He's really cool and his prints are huge and awesome

Messi, are you in the beginning stages of becoming an underground comic art peddler?

Foofaraw

IwwKjZL.gif

DANGER!

131 Future Quest (2016) 7 19,910
135 Shade the Changing Girl (2016) 2 19,525
136 Spider-Man 2099 (2015) 17 19,271
139 Silk (2015) 14 18,987
142 Prowler (2016) 2 17,617
145 Thunderbolts (2016) 7 17,269
150 Spider-Woman (2015) 13 16,386
151 Squadron Supreme (2015) 13 16,309
165 Scarlet Witch (2015) 12 13,206
173 Solo (2016) 2 12,722 1 30,589 -17,867
184 Flintstones (2016) 5 11,552

Why are people so bad at reading comics! Shade is good! Shade is great!

TheFlow

Banned
This though... He gave me two of these huge prints.

Lemme know how that goes. I don't want to say anything.

haha just sent him an email. and that is soo good. I just love how draws. didn't even know he was black till I looked him up. represent

mreddie

most improved
DC

biggest letdown
Flash

best book
Vision

best written
Green Arrow

best colorer
Jordie Bellaire

best penciller
Sophie Campbell

best cover

Hail Hydra

best single issue/arc
A.I.M. vs. S.H.I.E.L.D

best min series.
American Alien

Messi

haha just sent him an email. and that is soo good. I just love how draws. didn't even know he was black till I looked him up. represent

Look up his inktober sketches. He did a month of under represented black characters. Right now he is doing an old school hip hop series.

If he can't hook you up send me a pm with your address and I'll send you one of my panther prints for free :).

MartyStu

Remember when Spider-Man was good?

This is not a rhetorical question. I have only been reading comics since 2012, and cannot for the life of me remember when a solid run other than maybe Superior.

TheFlow

Banned
Look up his inktober sketches. He did a month of under represented black characters. Right now he is doing an old school hip hop series.

If he can't hook you up send me a pm with your address and I'll send you one of my panther prints for free :).

WOAH :O that would be awesome. I will let you know if messages me back. yea I am going to look at that inktober stuff.

TheFlow

Banned
Shade the Changing girl #3

what an interesting issue. like damn. Probably my second favorite from the young animal books and easily one of my favs from post rebirth.

also I decided to stop posting numbers for my summaries/reviews. I think my words should give you guys an idea of how much I like a issue.

Best single issue/arc should be two entries imho. Or just best arc

I would do best publisher, best new character. Maybe best launch? But that's already too many

TheFlow

Banned
Best single issue/arc should be two entries imho. Or just best arc

I would do best publisher, best new character. Maybe best launch? But that's already too many

oh I agree fully. I wast trying to cram everything into 10 categories.

best new character is such an awesome idea though. l love that.

starting to think we need 15 instead of 10 awards. imo

It simultaneously justifies and unjustifies everyone's hatred of Megan in one fell swoop.
yea probably the most crucial issue so far. Embrace the madness! Also great use of colors.

Messi

That was a really really cute book. I like it in the same kind of way I like Giant Days. #2 is next week, right?

Vaguely. It was a long time ago. Slott needs to let go of the character and give someone else a shot.

Yup. This is the reason I wanted the boom stuff. They do great work.

It's Messi the book.

Top Bottom