• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Man, I really hope the rumors/leaks of the final CW2 issue next week aren't correct.
Tony not dying despite everyone in-universe thinking so and instead goes into a coma while his body rebuilds itself so he can be back for the next relaunch, 8 pages of just previews to the next 8 events of the next 2 years...

What? No they don't.

TheFlow

Banned
Shucks, I didn't like any of the new Marvel books I tried this week, and I had high hopes for all three.

Gamora was the best of the three because it was gorgeous, but I thought the dialogue was often goofy, even irritating at times, and I'm not that interested in seeing where it's going.

Captain Marvel, I'm just...done. I give up. It's astonishing that after everything she went through in CWII, Carol is still so flat, so shallow.

Star-Lord was boring. Definitely dropping Cap and SL, maybe all three.
edit: fuck double post! sorry guys thought I had the multiquote running.

what are those

and lol you set yourself up on that captain marvel. the worst part is I also bought it because you guys were so optimistic about it.

"wait until issue #20 it'll get good he's playing the long game just keep paying $3-4 a month and eventually the story will happen just wait"

wait until you suck my dick, imma gonna go read Stray Bullets and Squirrel Girl instead

edit: I liked Hawkeye #1 and current Moon Knight, even though they are clearly just aping the creative approaches of the Fraction and Ellis runs retrospectively.

This is basically the core of it. I don't mind the slow burn myself, but when you've got top-shelf comics telling top-shelf stories without having to bother with 10-15 issues of buildup, it sorta becomes tough to justify continuing to buy a comic where not much is happening, comparatively, on the premise that it might eventually turn into something incredible.

I mean, the obvious answer is to supplement your slow-burn story with something more immediate, but that's even harder.

shingi70

Banned
Regarding events I was thinking about the way Marvel vs DC handles them.

Despite how much marvel likes to push MCU like synergy, that post Secret Invasion none of the events expect Infinity would make for good films. Which is pretty funny because people point to the different brand pushes as making content that is easily adaptable to the much. All of the events they push either use characters that the MCU can't use or are too contuvluted for their own good.

This is in pretty stark contrast to DC comics who since the new 52 has launched every major event or storyline seems be tailor made with being able to be adapted into live action or animated features with little to no change.

TheFlow

Banned
so let me guess. again this is me guessing about the CW2 outcome but I will put in spoilers anyway.

the dude having all the visions will have visions about the future major events like captain hydra.

Comicsgaf: continually reminding everyone civil war 2 isn't over. It should really be over.
Reminder that the epilogue issue from Spencer is out next month. The original solicit went from "Confidential" to "Tony and Danvers meet with Cap. Uh oh..." to now be "Danvers meets Cap. Uh oh...".

Retailers have not been happy about all the ??? and Confidential in the Marvel solicits during CW2 and it seems like it'll go on during the next events as well. They didn't even know if they should order The Fallen until BC spoiled the Hulk death since Marvel had said nothing about it.

Hagi

didnt Fraction do that shit already in Invincible Iron Man

He did the whole mind wipe, have a backup copy of his memory so we can move on from how shitty a character he's been thing. Now we've got
he's dead but he uploaded a copy of his mind to an ai platform so he's "alive" and can train RiRi
thing.

I'm not really sure what I think of the new Iron Man stuff. RiRi seems like a good character but I'm not a fan of how Bendis is writing the book. Her back-story is fucked up, there's little restraint there.

PsychBat!

Banned
Star-Wars-Aliens-4.jpg

shingi70

Banned
I work in retail and I literally just passed a dude ranting to his wife about the DC Superhero girls toys sucking.

It's funny because that's been a popular item in the store and have been selling out.

I work in retail and I literally just passed a dude ranting to his wife about the DC Superhero girls toys sucking.

It's funny because that's been a popular item in the store and have been selling out.
Hell, they're getting their own LEGO sets and have a weekly digital comic now in addition to the successful graphic novels, toys and show.

shingi70

Banned
Hell, they're getting their own LEGO sets and have a weekly digital comic now in addition to the successful graphic novels, toys and show.

The guy was complaining about Bad guys being friends with the heroes, and couodnt we wrap his head around deaged heroes. Saying that they should all be adults like in the comics. Then he started to complain about Wonder Woman being too manly.

Than

Man, I really hope the rumors/leaks of the final CW2 issue next week aren't correct.
Tony not dying despite everyone in-universe thinking so and instead goes into a coma while his body rebuilds itself so he can be back for the next relaunch, 8 pages of just previews to the next 8 events of the next 2 years...

Possibly the most Marvel sentence I've ever read in my life.

ElNarez

Banned
I just realized Justice League vs. Suicide Squad is a weekly, and, good fucking god, this beats the shit out of waiting forever for the end of Civil War II.

TheFlow

Banned
I have a free Ultimates 2 #1 code for anybody who hasn't read the book and wants to read it.

can only be used on Marvel.com

Mindwipe

wait I can sync my marvel.com purchases to cmx? that is crazy.

and yea if mindwipe doesn't want it, then it is all yours lordoflore.

omg you are right!
https://www.comixology.com/marvel-sync

Don't worry, I'll MU it eventually. Let Lordoflore at it, my backlog is bad enough as it is.

EDIT: But yeah, the Marvel app is so bad being able to sync those books to CMX is like it's only redeeming feature.

How many comics do you have on your "bought" list on CMX?

Heh. My unread is 1288 books right now. And most are trades. "Recently purchased" is 1976. That unread number is inflated by a bunch of those Marvel issue 1s they gave away a few years ago and I've never read.

Mindwipe

Honestly, my unread pile is a nice problem to have. I know I have a stack of great stuff that's new to me to read any time I want.

But some weeks it doesn't go down quickly - like this week it'll go down by like 1, because I'm reading the Priest Black Panther collection and it's 350 pages or so.

It's also damned good btw.

Top Bottom