• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incster

Neo Member
So I picked up the Mudman tpb after seeing it mentioned a couple of times and loved it.

You guys recommend picking up Grist's Jack Staff stuff?

Blader

Marvel's summer event is a Thanos story by Hickman

eWe2vZc.jpg

Skeptical about what they could possibly have Thanos do now, but it's Hickman, so I'm in.

Owzers

A remake of infinity gauntlet? EDIT: Newsarama article says it's a new story....i dunno how i feel about Hickman jumping into Bendis' mess since the book is allegedly supposed to tie into GOTG, Nova, and the aftermath of Ultron War.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm about to read Infinity Gauntlet. It's like I can sense this shit.

I'm excited about Hickman writing Thanos. I don't think anyone does Thanos dialog well other than Starlin (of course). Starlins recent stuff has been horrible though. I think Hickman can do the dialog and obviously he can do large scale stories.

Fuck age of ultron, the real event is here.

in other news

DEATHS HEAD DEATHS HEAD DEATHS HEAD DEATHS HEAD DEATHS HEAD DEATHS HEAD DEATHS HEAD DEATHS HEAD DEATHS HEAD DEATHS HEAD DEATHS HEAD DEATHS HEAD DEATHS HEAD DEATHS HEAD DEATHS HEAD DEATHS HEAD DEATHS HEAD

Onemic

On the 3rd issue of UXF: Apocaplyse Solution and it's been pretty cool thus far. Only problem is I don't understand half of what's going on in the comic. It seems like quite a bit of backstory is needed to understand the envents taking place(Apocalypse being a kid, the EVA stuff, Archangel and apocalypse, etc.) what issues/volumes do I need to read to understand the backstory of UXF?

Acid08

Banned
On the 3rd issue of UXF: Apocaplyse Solution and it's been pretty cool thus far. Only problem is I don't understand half of what's going on in the comic. It seems like quite a bit of backstory is needed to understand the envents taking place(Apocalypse being a kid, the EVA stuff, Archangel and apocalypse, etc.) what issues/volumes do I need to read to understand the backstory of UXF?
You'd probably be safe just wiki'ing stuff.

Apocalypse being a kid is new

Eva- read new x-men/wolverine the list. she is a AI(think EDI from mass effect)

Archangel- Warren lsot his wings , so Apocalypse made a deal where he became a horseman to get his powers back

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Apocalypse being a kid is something Remender created for UXF. There's no backstory there. Apoc turning Angel into Archangel is ancient history. Can't you infer enough about it from just reading UXF? I was 100% unfamiliar with stuff like Fantomex, Dethlok and The World before reading UXF and I didn't have any problem.

Pizza Is My Business is so amazing. Need that shit tattooed on my fucking neck.

Also, as anyone who has a dog in the five boroughs can attest, pizza is a dog's...what's the opposite of kryptonite?

SERIOUSLY IT'S EVERYWHERE AND THEY WANT IT ALWAYS
PLEASE SEND HELP
NOW

8bit

Knows the Score
So I picked up the Mudman tpb after seeing it mentioned a couple of times and loved it.

You guys recommend picking up Grist's Jack Staff stuff?

Yeah, it's good. It's kind of homage to Valiant/Lion/Thunder stuff from 60s UK but you don't need to know any of that.

Onemic

Apocalypse being a kid is new

Eva- read new x-men/wolverine the list. she is a AI(think EDI from mass effect)

Archangel- Warren lsot his wings , so Apocalypse made a deal where he became a horseman to get his powers back

ah, thanks. I'll just wiki the rest then.

Quake1028

So I won $40 playing poker the other night. I want some graphic novels. How do these sound:

JLA: One Million
Kingdom Come
All-Star Superman

All new reads for me.

Owzers

Green Lantern #16 and GLC Annual #1 Third Army Conclusion:

It saddens me to see the green lantern books in such shape. They had one great crossover in Sinestro Corps War across two highly involved books and now DC is strangling that success. These new crossovers are terrible, Johns doesn't even care about them in his book, Green Lantern, which for the most part tells his own story ignoring the Third Army. How do you have a "big event crossover" where the head of the Green Lantern franchise doesn't want to be bothered with it. And if Johns didn't want to tell this story, then don't do it at all. What's going on with Jordan/Sinestro is also ridiculous reminders that those two characters still exist, occassionally having a panel saying " hey guys, we are still characters in the green lantern franchise, don't forget about us as we send you a message"

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
A remake of infinity gauntlet? EDIT: Newsarama article says it's a new story....i dunno how i feel about Hickman jumping into Bendis' mess since the book is allegedly supposed to tie into GOTG, Nova, and the aftermath of Ultron War.

Marvel's summer event is a Thanos story by Hickman

Skeptical about what they could possibly have Thanos do now, but it's Hickman, so I'm in.
in Hickman we trust.

I'm glad marvel is giving him so much work, if there's one person i think can handle an event and two crisscrossing ongoing series' - its based hickman.

i don't really care about any of bendis' work right now but as long as it's hickman -> bendis' world and not vice-versa, i think we'll all be OK.

CBR AXel in charge from last week

also matt fraction on upcoming hawkguy issue

Pizza Is My Business is so amazing. Need that shit tattooed on my fucking neck.

you ain't about that
pizza dog
life

Sam Humphries is setting up an Ultimate Infinity Gauntlet storyline, and is doing a secret project titled Ultimates: Infinity. Crazy theory: perhaps the Ultimate Universe will be a casualty of this event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom