• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2014. Flowers? Candy? Please. Get that guy/gal an omnibus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfoot

Probably talking about the fourth hardcover of the MAX series.
Makes sense. The MAX series is great at times. I read most of it, including some of the one-shots and the Barracuda mini series. I know Ennis isn't around for all of it.

New Punisher has inspired me to go back and reread Ennis and Aarons runs. Grabbing them off ebay now...Ennis Vol 4 is crazy expensive for some reason. Also tempted to wait for Aaron omnibus.

How was Ruckas run?

Rucka's run is my favorite take on the character. He was awesome in that comic

The Bat-list.

Batgirl 28
Batman 28
Coffin Hill 5
Constantine 11
JL 3000 3
JLA 12
Superman/Wonder Woman 5
X-Files s10 9
Fatale 20
Superior Spidey 27

list time, got some new series coming out

FUSE #1
MERCENARY SEA #1
ROYALS MASTERS OF WAR #1
SHE-HULK #1

all seem like cool stuff. maybe I'll like one of them enough to continue with it!

Messi

Listy list list

Batgirl #28
Batman #28
Batman Lil Gotham #11
Suicide Squad #28
Superman/Wonder Woman #5
Winter Soldier bitter March #1 of 5
All New X-Men #23
X-Factor #3
Avengers #26
Deadpool #23
She Hulk #1
Thor God of Thunder #19
Joksrs Daughter one shot

Good week

tim1138

ASTRO CITY #9
COFFIN HILL #5
CONSTANTINE #11
JUSTICE LEAGUE 3000 #3
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #12
SUPERMAN WONDER WOMAN #5

Ephidel

My pulls for this week:
NP8GYE6.png
All New X-Factor #3
Avengers #26
Batman Lil Gotham #11
Coffin Hill #5
Eternal Warrior #6
Fuse #1
Great Pacific #13
Justice League 3000 #3
Letter 44 #4
Revolutionary War Death's Head
Think Tank #12
Wolverine and the X-Men #41
X-Force #1
X-Men Legacy #24

And a few things that aren't on list that I'll be looking through and possibly picking up if my LCS has them:
The Bunker #1
Egos #1 & #2
The Royals: Masters of War #1
She-Hulk #1

And yes, I know Royals sounds kind of terrible, but for some reason I do like Uber and they sound kind of similar. And it's written by Rob Williams who is brilliant on Low Life, and while I haven't liked all of his superhero stuff, his Revolutionary War: Knights of Pendragon issue the last month was really good. I figure if they get it in I'll give it a chance.

My pulls for this week:

All New X-Factor #3
Avengers #26
Batman Lil Gotham #11
Coffin Hill #5
Eternal Warrior #6
Fuse #1
Great Pacific #13
Justice League 3000 #3
Letter 44 #4
Revolutionary War Death's Head
Think Tank #12
X-Force #1
X-Men Legacy #24

And a few things that aren't on list that I'll be looking through and possibly picking up if my LCS has them:

The Bunker #1
Egos #1 & #2
The Royals: Masters of War #1
She-Hulk #1
Impressive. Very impressive.

Owzers

Hawkeye #16: I still like the book and look forward to new issues, but I cant' say i enjoy the stories that Fraction is telling or how he's telling them.

Vertigo can really pull off these deluxe hardcovers when they are feeling brave enough. The DMZ edition is great. Never underestimate the authority of an editor. Cant wait to get the eventual hardcover editionamof ghe 100 plus issue runs of Unwritten, FBP, Hinterkind, Coffin Hill and apretty Deadly.

Vertigo can really pull off these deluxe hardcovers when they are feeling brave enough. The DMZ edition is great. Never underestimate the authority of an editor. Cant wait to get the eventual hardcover editionamof ghe 100 plus issue runs of Unwritten, FBP, Hinterkind, Coffin Hill and apretty Deadly.

Fuck, there's a DMZ Deluxe HC out? I'm gonna check that one out.

Read the rest of Johns Aquaman this morning and have to say it accomplished what Johns probably wanted in that I am a fan of the character now and care for his story. Still have to read Parker's two issues to see how they fair.

Also caught up to Red Lanterns 28 and I really like it. I care a lot more for these Lanterns than I did with the Greens. Hal Jordan, even in Johns run just comes out as being kinda whiney. I don't know what to think of the whole Supergirl thing. The only problem I have with the Reds is Guy is the only character I really resonate with and would like to see some more character development with the existing cast or introduce some new people.

Does anyone have the marvel unlimited plus subscription? I'm debating whether to get the normal or the plus subscription... Is the comic con stuff any good? I'm thinking about going to my first one this year.

Also caught up to Red Lanterns 28 and I really like it. I care a lot more for these Lanterns than I did with the Greens. Hal Jordan, even in Johns run just comes out as being kinda whiney. I don't know what to think of the whole Supergirl thing. The only problem I have with the Reds is Guy is the only character I really resonate with and would like to see some more character development with the existing cast or introduce some new people.

One of the problems with starting Red Lanterns at #21 is that you miss out on what happened before. Yeah, it wasn't the greatest, but it also wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. The problem, I feel, was always Atrocitus. He has potential but I don't think he can be the leader of a "good" Red Lantern team. Rankorr was introduced in the series and then got overshadowed but you still had that connection; Bleez was touched upon a bit more. Skallox and Zilius are the ones who suffered the most, really, which has been getting a nice correction.

I love the Red Lanterns team. All of them, really. But Guy is the most awesome lantern eva, says this lanterns newbie. It would be fun to get to know all of them better. You know, before the universe is changed forever for the millionth time and the team/book gets overhauled.

In the mean time, my greatest wish would be for Bleez to get more character development and also some pants. They can be skin tight or whatever but try pants, Bleez.

tim1138

If you want a little more Bleez story, find the Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps tpb. It has origin stories for her, Walker, Kilowog, Arisia, and a couple others.

Conan-san

Read Ms. Marvel 1 and yeah, I'm cool with this. Wondering if I'm being pedantic with how one uses the word Pakora (I've never heard it said "Pakoras", also, the concept of Pakora for lunch sounds awesome) and I'm pretty sure someone's going to blow up over the depiction of Cap randomly talking Urdu (Though I read on SA that's an error of some sort?) but I'm game.

Also, speaking as someone from Scotland, he's a massive hypocrite when it comes to his pro-Scottish independence stance. He constantly goes on about that on Twitter when he was more than happy to accept his MBE from the Queen last year. Presumably he'll be relinquishing that if Scotland becomes independent based on his views.
To be fair, my beef isn't with the queen but the company she gets saddled with. If we need to jettison 'liz to be rid of Captain BungleFuck and his sidekick, Yellow Nayballs then so be it.

noquarter

Decided I wanted to see what Spiderman has been up to, and it was an interesting conclusion to the Amazing story line. Haven't gotten Superior yet, but will be soon.

Also have started Batman, from the new 52. Really liking the Court of Owls tpb, have vol 2 on the way. Looks like I'll be getting those two.

Didn't take the suggestion to try Daredevil yet, will be keeping it in mind and will probably add it.

Read Ms. Marvel 1 and yeah, I'm cool with this. Wondering if I'm being pedantic with how one uses the word Pakora (I've never heard it said "Pakoras", also, the concept of Pakora for lunch sounds awesome) and I'm pretty sure someone's going to blow up over the depiction of Cap randomly talking Urdu (Though I read on SA that's an error of some sort?) but I'm game.
So do they have actual Urdu in the comic? This is Mrs. Marvel #1?

As a learner of the Urdus, I feel I must check this out.

Toa TAK

Banned
Decided I wanted to see what Spiderman has been up to, and it was an interesting conclusion to the Amazing story line. Haven't gotten Superior yet, but will be soon.

DO IT. It's awesome. Though if you had to ask me what I thought of the ending of Amazing, I would've given a different impression.

Does anyone know if Superior Team-Up is ending the next issue? I don't see how they can squeeze in another before the reboot of Amazing.

X-List:

Batman #28
All-New X-Men #23
Avengers #26
Marvel Knights X-Men #4
She-Hulk #1*
Superior Spider-Man #27
Thor God of Thunder #19
Winter Soldier Bitter March #1

*picking up at LCS

I don't usually go to the store to pick up a single issue so I might try X-Force and Fuse or Mercenary Sea...

List!

Rachel Rising #23 (Abstract Studios)
The Fuse #1 (Image)
Insect Bath #1 (Fantagraphics)
She-Hulk #1*
X-Force #1*

*Digital. Saved you on toilet paper, Marvel.

I'm experiencing one of those weird ambivalent, uh, things. I'm happy that Ms Marvel started strong and is being enjoyed by so many people, yay! But, also, I didn't personally like it.

I'm experiencing one of those weird ambivalent, uh, things. I'm happy that Ms Marvel started strong and is being enjoyed by so many people, yay! But, also, I didn't personally like it.

You like what you like. Not a big deal. I hate Manhattan Projects, but a lot of people swear by it. It's just not for me.

Wiseblade

I just really don't like the shorthand used for Kamala. "Writes fanfiction" and "has white envy" are her two biggest character traits so far. And they both suck.

I just really don't like the shorthand used for Kamala. "Writes fanfiction" and "has white envy" are her two biggest character traits so far. And they both suck.

This was the biggest bore for me, honestly. Did they really have to go for the most obvious angst right out of the gate? That and how it really felt like they tried ALL OF THE THINGS in the first issue.

ReiGun

This. The fanfiction was cute, but even that just felt like an extension of her white envy (her favorite Avengers are all white, two with blonde hair, and one even has blue eyes and dresses like the American flag). These two traits would be fine if she didn't come across as a generic teen character otherwise.

tim1138

Yeah, the white envy thing killed it for me too. Why can't she be proud of her heritage? I honestly think that'd make her much more compelling and interesting.

na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na LISTMAN!

Batgirl #28
Batman #28
Constantine #11
Forever Evil Rogues Rebellion #5
Green Lantern Corps #28
Justice League 3000 #3
Justice League Of America #12
Nightwing #28
Suicide Squad #28
Superboy #28
Superman Wonder Woman #5

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Neither did I. It didn't wow me at all, but it wasn't borning. It was fine. Hype got me to buy it, but reading it left me bored.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
What? It wasn't boring but reading it left you bored?
I've been drinking. Guess it left me feeling.... Empty.
Nothing by the end left me particularly excited. But the visuals and some of the earlier pages were nice, but by the end I just didn't really care for it and was glad I blind bought instead of letting the hype get to me and put it on my pull list.

The last ms Marvel series went 50 issues.

Also doesn't look like Captian marvel is bei canceled eher.

On ms marvel one. I nthought is was a Cliche teen drama (parents just don't understand") but I think the book will pick up after this issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom