• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2014. Flowers? Candy? Please. Get that guy/gal an omnibus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaaha they really released a Rob Liefeld X-Force omnibus?!

nostalgia is a hell of a drug

liefeld1.jpg

what is even happening here

why do none of the panels seem to relate to each other

why is that diagonal panel there, breaking the borders and a body covers it up

how can we even tell the time and distance between the first hit and the last hit when we can barely see whats going on on the bottom

what is this

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

how can we even tell the time and distance between the first hit and the last hit when we can barely see whats going on on the bottom

what is this

Notice the triangle pattern present in panels 1, 2 and sdfkjaskjasfndkajsn. Also, the pouches are filled with little well drawn feet.

tim1138

what is this

And since it's Liefeld art, you could make a real argument on Deadpool's head being upside down or upside right when he's being punched.

Does that omni cover any of Capullo's run? His early X-Force stuff was not very good...

I do, hell I still have my polybagged copy with the stupid trading card it came with, but sales do not equal quality.

quality don't matter, they've reprinted the entire Clone Saga, cuz you know there's somebody who wants it. You know they got mail from dudes talking about Ben Reilly being the real Spider-Man and they need that shit

tim1138

quality don't matter, they've reprinted the entire Clone Saga, cuz you know there's somebody who wants it. You know they got mail from dudes talking about Ben Reilly being the real Spider-Man and they need that shit

All too true.

Also, what the hell was it with the 90's and random cat characters in the X-Books? Rahne, Feral, and I'm pretty sure there was at least one cat dude villain--Wild Child or something dumb.

Nerds can make jokes about Liefeld all they want but the truth is the comic industry would be shit without him. SHIT. Liefeld created so many of the iconic characters that nerds worship now a days such as Cable, Deadpool, etc. and was instrumental in the creation of IMAGE comics. For awhile there he was even driving the sales for DC's New 52 when he was writing/drawing 4 titles at once during the first 2 years of that initiative.

Singling him out when there are so many worse creators and artists in the industry is beyond absurd.

tim1138

Nerds can make jokes about Liefeld all they want but the truth is the comic industry would be shit without him. SHIT. Liefeld created so many of the iconic characters that nerds worship now a days such as Cable, Deadpool, etc. and was instrumental in the creation of IMAGE comics. For awhile there he was even driving the sales for DC's New 52 when he was writing/drawing 4 titles at once during the first 2 years of that initiative.

Singling him out when there are so many worse creators and artists in the industry is beyond absurd.

Dude, the only book he touched in the New 52 that survived his reign was Hawkman, which somehow went on for like another 6-8 months. We're not discounting his impact, just making fun of his god awful art.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Dude still can't draw feet worth a damn :p

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Haha, man, I'd ask you if you were Rob Liefeld but we all know Rafa is.

He did nothing for the new52 aside from start shit with Scott Snyder and continue his reign of mediocrity.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Ugh. Guys, now I sort of want to buy that X-Force omnibus for $30 just for the 90s/Liefeld craziness.
I won't, because that would be a bad idea, but I kind of want to.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I know some of y'all live in the Bay Area. HOLLA!

I know Acid is but he seems to have abandoned our little club, much to my dismay.

A Comic-GAF meet up would be so cool. I mean, we could always do a Google Hangout if some of us wanted.

That 90s art is hilarious. I can laugh now but it's sad to think that 90s comics pretty much turned me off the medium for, oh, 20 years. I remember going into shops and seeing these giant muscley characters and the impossible to follow sequences and just all around ugly-gritty art and being like, what the shit it this? The only thing I remember liking between Archie and The Walking Dead was Jhonen Vasquez's stuff.

Filthy Slug

Link? I'm not sure I remember that.

Wow, that is so incredibly sexist. Like in a way I don't really think we see anymore.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/robert-liefeld-lashes-out-at-scott-snyder-on-twitt-689710/
Notice the crazy man with the Hawkdude avatar being crazy and shitty. I guess I'd be crazy too if everywhere I went people shouted "nice feet, dickhead!"

I know Acid is but he seems to have abandoned our little club, much to my dismay.
A Comic-GAF meet up would be so cool. I mean, we could always do a Google Hangout if some of us wanted.

I'd totally be down for a Comic-gaf meetup of some sort.

frye

Aw, I'll give you credit Rob! :) Batman might sell inspite of me andGregCapullo as u say, but deathstroke & Hawkman failed because of you!

Old man once told me, you just keep swinging, til they just don't get back up /snydernarration

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Are there any other omnibuses that sell that far under their list price? I've never seen one so cheap.

Yep! X-Statix, Secret Warriors, Remender's Punisher, Aaron's Wolverine, Lee/Claremont X-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus vol. 1. There are a few more, give me one second.
Edit: Avengers (original run?), New Avengers, John Carter Warlord of Mars, West Coast Avengers, Man-Thing, Death of Spider-Man Omnibus, Squadron Supreme, Ultimate Avengers, Evolutionary War, Amazing Spider-Man (McFarlane), Avengers: The Crossing

Most of those are cheapest on eBay, but some on both Amazon and eBay. Wolverine is pretty much the only one I've seen that's cheaper on Amazon than eBay

I got the X-Statix omnibus recently (if you haven't already seen me rave about it multiple times in the past week) and it's fantastic. $35 shipped for 1200 pages of excellent comics.
I've heard Secret Warriors is pretty good. Also, a lot of people like Remender's Punisher run and Aaron's Wolverine run. I plan to get those two sometime probably.

i forgot for a second how bad x-force #1 was and then i remembered again. ahahaha fucking marrow and her absurd narration. right up there with chris yost's NECROSHA saga for worst x-comic ever written.

Yep! X-Statix, Secret Warriors, Remender's Punisher, Aaron's Wolverine, Lee/Claremont X-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus vol. 1. There are a few more, give me one second.
Edit: Avengers (original run?), New Avengers, John Carter Warlord of Mars, West Coast Avengers, Man-Thing, Death of Spider-Man Omnibus, Squadron Supreme, Ultimate Avengers, Evolutionary War, Amazing Spider-Man (McFarlane), Avengers: The Crossing

Most of those are cheapest on eBay, but some on both Amazon and eBay. Wolverine is pretty much the only one I've seen that's cheaper on Amazon than eBay

I got the X-Statix omnibus recently (if you haven't already seen me rave about it multiple times in the past week) and it's fantastic. $35 shipped for 1200 pages of excellent comics.
I've heard Secret Warriors is pretty good. Also, a lot of people like Remender's Punisher run and Aaron's Wolverine run. I plan to get those two sometime probably.

Ah, that's awesome. I'll have to give some of those a shot. Thanks!

Just to update you guys I posted a little earlier about getting back Into comics. Well since then I've read Seekers of the weird, Deadly Class, Saga and I have The Fuse on order.

Yeah.. I'm hooked.

I would love to read some of the new Marvel Now stuff like Ms. Marvel and Punisher but I can't find any copies locally. I will probably just go digital.

Anyways thanks so much guys! I'm in love.

Just to update you guys I posted a little earlier about getting back Into comics. Well since then I've read Seekers of the weird, Deadly Class, Saga and I have The Fuse on order.

Yeah.. I'm hooked.

I would love to read some of the new Marvel Now stuff like Ms. Marvel and Punisher but I can't find any copies locally. I will probably just go digital.

Say goodbye to all your disposable income, sir

ReiGun

Yeah.. I'm hooked.

Welcome! Enjoy your stay. And stay away from those DC guys; they'll get you on some bad stuff, man.

Toa TAK

Banned

Yeah.. I'm hooked.

Welcome to an empty bank account. I'm so sorry.

On that happy note, Ultimate Spider-Man is awesome.

Yeah.. I'm hooked.

Don't do it man, it never just stays at one or two things... It grows... :(

Owzers

Revival #15 and flipping through 16: I'm about done with this book despite having 3 more issues ordered, it's okay but i lost interest.
The tea party taking back the country thing....it felt a little out of place as a fifteen issues into it cliffhanger.
I ended up flipping through issue 16 and it still looks decent but i'm not attached and am going to move on to other backloggy things.

Tim, I read the first 2 issues of the Squeeg and it's pretty cool. It's definitely campy in a 1960's Batman kind of way. Of course the big draw for us is it takes place in Cincinnati and it does not disappoint in this area. Only 2 issues in we have seen the Big Mac bridge, Suspension bridge, unfinished subway, and a huge event at Great American Ballpark.

It's corny but enjoyable.

Ugh. Guys, now I sort of want to buy that X-Force omnibus for $30 just for the 90s/Liefeld craziness.
I won't, because that would be a bad idea, but I kind of want to.
for $30 i'd totally get that X-Force omni just to see what's up. i can't justify that though because I found the X-Statix omni for $30 and i don't have that.
I'm going to be broke aren't I? Shit.
hope you don't like having money, man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom